|Platform(s)||GameCube, Xbox, PlayStation 2|
|Campaign, challenge mode.|
|Genre(s)||Hack-n-slash, action adventure|
"The Sun and Moon Strike"
Morandal Blade is a hack-n-slash action adventure game released in 2003, and is the first game by Morandal Games. Unlike other games this genre, this game revolves around pure skill, which means the character will never get any upgrades or gameplay changes at all.
Morandal Blade is a hack-n-slash game that plays like Devil May Cry, except the attacks are much faster. You play as a light sword swordsman named Chaz who carries a heavy jagged blade and dual broad swords..
Chaz's jagged blade, Metallist, is slower but does 250% as the broad swords Moonmin and Sunmin, and you can charge phials which increase your damage.
Chaz's broad sword, Moonmin and Sunmin, is faster than Metallist and does speedy combos, but can't smash through shields.
Unlike other games like God of War or Devil May Cry, there is no currency in the game, and Chaz never receives any increased damage or health extensions, meaning the only way to get better in the game is to learn combos and learn how to perform special moves. Unlike other games like this, Chaz has a numeral health HUD instead of bars. Chaz has 1000 HP. If the player were to pause the game, they get four settings. Resume, which returns to the gameplay, Options, which changes the settings for the screen, Help, which tells you about various combos, Exit, which exits to the gameplay and if the player were to start again they would be back at the latest checkpoint they were in.
Morandal City is taken over by Oberon, the Dark Queen. Chaz is sent by King Jonathan to take her down.
- The Investigation: Chaz is called to investigate Oberon's first attacks. (19 battles)
- The War: The war between Morandal and Teranin starts (15 battles)
- Plan B: King Jonathan schemes a plan to get into Oberon's base. Chaz follows the plan. (14 battles)
- Testament: Oberon launches a counter-attack toward Chaz as she knows that he's trying to stop her (15 battles)
- The Entrance: Chaz has to make an entrance into Oberon's fortress. (16 battles)
- The Fortress: Chaz has to find Oberon's castle entrance. (13 battles)
- The Castle: Chaz reaches Oberon's Castle and starts the climb. (12 battles)
- The Quartet of Legends: Oberon calls for her quartet of crusaders to stop Chaz's plan. (10 battles)
- The Ascent: Chaz is almost there to reaching Oberon's throne. (14 battles)
- Oberon: Chaz finally starts the final battle against Oberon. (5 battles)
As a Morandal Games hack-n-slash game, this is expected. This shows the differences, and what the highest damage Chaz can take from enemies.
- Easy: Enemies have 50% stats. Highest is 80.
- Normal: Enemies have 100% stats. Highest is 160.
- Hard: Enemies have 175% stats. Highest is 280.
- Legendary: Unlocked after beating Hard, enemies are faster and have 250% stats. Highest is 400
|Combo Name||Description||Damage||How to Perform|
|Spin Attack||Unleash a spin attack that hits enemies everywhere||75% x5||Spin the D-Stick and unleash an light attack.|
|Explosive Blast||Unleash your jagged blade to make magic explosions||250% x2||Press both Light and Heavy Attack Buttons while using the jagged blade|
|Ultimate Discharge||Unleash your jagged sword to make an earth blast.||500% 50% x7||With full blade phials, unleash a discharge attack but hold Heavy attack. Chaz will spin and crash his sword into the ground.|
|Lunar Wave||Unleash Moonmin to summon navy colored blasts.||250%||With a phial, use Moonmin to charge up a attack, and then press Heavy Attack to summon the blast.|
|Sun Starfall||Unleash Sunmin to summon lasers from above.||150% x3||With a phial, use Sunmin to charge up a attack, and then press Heavy Attack to cast the starfall.|
|Armageddon Blade||Unleash Metallist to unleash a sword extension.||150% damage||With a phial, use Metallist to charge up a heavy attack, and then press Light Attack to extend your sword and increase your damage for 30 seconds.|
|Phantom Chaz||Summon a phantom to assist you||n/a||With full phials, press both shoulder buttons and summon a phantom that will attack monsters. The phantom will be active for 45 seconds.|
Morandal Blade received mixed to positive reviews, gaining around 60's to 70's on Metacritic.
Just Right: 21%