|Mesprit did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#481|
|Sinnoh Dex Nr.||#147|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Diamond And Pearl|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Average Weight||0.7 lbs.|
Mesprit (Japanese: エムリット Emrit) is a Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon.
It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.
Mesprit is a small, gray, fairy-like Pokémon. It has two tails that each have a red jewel encrusted in them. These are, presumably, two of the jewels which comprise the Red Chain. Mesprit has a partially magenta face with four long, drooping appendages and another red gem encrusted in its forehead. Mesprit's spirit can leave its body without dying and return to the body at will. Legends say that a person that touches it will have their emotions completely drained away. It was shown in The Needs of the Three! and The Battle Finale of Legend! that it can teleport itself, as well as other Pokémon and humans. Though playful, it is a bit mischievous.
- Mesprit is somewhat unique among the members of its trio, as it leaves Lake Verity to roam Sinnoh after being encountered by the player in Lake Verity's cavern.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Mesprit is the only one of the lake trio to fight the main character in battle during the main story; despite being depicted as a calm and peaceful Pokémon, it was enraged by a previous attack on its counterpart Uxie and quite fiercely attacked the hero and their partner.
- Mesprit shares its species name with Kirlia. They are both known as the Emotion Pokémon.
- Mesprit is the only member of the lake trio not to be owned by Mysterial in Pokémon Battle Revolution when Pokémon data is used; it is used by Mysterial only when no Pokémon data is transferred into Pokémon Battle Revolution.
- Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf are the lightest of all legendary Pokémon and Psychic-type Pokémon.
Mesprit is based after a spirit or a sprite and the color magenta. Mesprit and the rest of the trio could possibly have originated from the Imperial Regalia of Japan, which are also called the Three Sacred Treasures. Mesprit would be the Yasakani no Magatama, which embodies benevolence.
Mesprit may be a combination of me and esprit (French for spirit) or sprite.
Emrit may be a combination of 笑む emu (to smile) or emotion and esprit or sprite.
← #480: Uxie
#482: Azelf →