|Mega Man X 9|
|Platform(s)||Wii U, Nintendo 3DS|
|September 2013 (NA)|
|ESRB: E 10+|
|Series||Mega Man X|
|Predecessor||Mega Man X 8|
|Successor||Mega Man X 10|
Mega Man X 9 is a game for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS that is in 16-bit like the Super Nintendo Mega Man X games. The game was released in September 2013.
- X - The main character of the game. X can dash on the ground and in mid air by default. X also has a sword weapon called the "X-Saber" in addition to his X-Buster.
- Zero - The secondary playable character of the game. Zero can dash on the ground and in mid air both vertically and horizontally by default. Zero's Z-Buster can charge Maverick weapons by default.
- Slash SaberTiger
- Spiked Scorpion
- Blaster Shark
- Mountain Bison
- Bluefire Dragon
- Frosted Mammoth
- Lightning Viper
- Tornado Hawk
- Saber Slasher (from Slash SaberTiger) (armor colors: orange and black)
- Sting Spikes (from Spiked Scorpion) (armor colors: lime green and yellow)
- Speed Missile (from Blaster Shark) (armor colors: gray and red)
- Boulder Buster (from Mountain Bison) (armor colors: brown and white)
- Spiral Flame (from Bluefire Dragon) (armor colors: blue and green)
- Frozen Storm (from Frosted Mammoth) (armor colors: light purple and light blue)
- Thunder Snake (from Lighting Viper) (armor colors: yellow and hot pink)
- Vertical Twister (from Tornado Hawk) (armor colors: black and gold)
- Slash SaberTiger - Sting Spikes
- Spiked Scorpion - Boulder Buster
- Blaster Shark - Saber Slasher
- Mountain Bison - Frozen Storm, X-Buster (X), Z-Buster (Zero)
- Bluefire Dragon - Vertical Twister
- Frosted Mammoth - Spiral Flame
- Tornado Hawk - Thunder Snake
- Lightning Viper - Speed Missile
- Boomer Kwanger
- Toxic Seahorse
- Neon Tiger
- Magna Centipede
- Magma Dragoon
- Chill Penguin
- Sting Chameleon
- Burn Dinorex (AKA Mattrex)
- X and Zero both get the same weapons, but Zero's armor does not change color.
- Mattrex's Japanese name is used in the game.
- Magma Dragoon and Burn Dinorex are the two returning Mavericks that aren't from a 16-bit Mega Man X game.