— Maxwell's tagline in his reveal trailer
“Maxwell scribbles up a storm!”
|Super Smash Bros. Rebirth|
|Official Debut||Scribblenauts (DS, 2009)|
|Availability||Downloadable Content (cost $4.99)|
|Final Smash||Portal Chaos|
- Neutral Special: Notebook- Maxwell writes the name of an in-game item and summons it. The notebook cannot summon full sets of parts for items like the Dragoon or Daybreak, Smash Balls, Poke Balls/Master Balls, or assists trophies. Holding down the B button will cycle through items. Each item does the normal effects and/or damage.
- Side Special: Dinosaur Ram - Maxwell summons a T-Rex and bashes any opponent close to him. This move does about 18% damage, but can do up to 33% if the opponent is farther away, making this move perfect for K.Os.
- Up Special: Wings - Maxwell puts on a pair of angel wings and glides through the air. While this move doesn't do damage in the air, it will damage any opponents nearby when it is activated with 5% damage.
- Down Special: Post 217 - Using the infamous exploding portrait, Maxwell arms Post 217 and causes anyone hit by the explosion to gradually take damage over time. After the effects wear off, opponents are left with an extra 42% damage.
- Final Smash: Portal Chaos - A giant portal appears above the stage and summons many creatures of diverse sizes. Before the move ends, a dragon fires a giant beam of fire and gives each opponent 78% damage, instantly K.Oing some of them.
- Neutral Special: Adjective Notes
- Side Special: Dragon Bash
- Up Special: Jet Pack
- Down Special: Nuclear Missile
- Neutral Special: Superhero Notepad
- Side Special: Cerberus Slam
- Up Special: Backpack Helicopter
- Down Special: Big Bang