- This is a subpage about Masses. Click on the provided link to see the full article.
Daroach is a mischievous bandit with a greedy passion, but he isn't really inherently evil or anything. He is the leader of the Squeaks, and has searched for a treasure containing ultimate power in the past, but during his struggle to get his hands on that chest, he was eventually taken over and consumed by Dark Nebula, and as Dark Daroach, he was defeated by Kirby, the latter of which finishing off the monster. Presumingly he gives Kirby back his cake, and he returns in Kirby Mass Attack (2011) to give Kirby advice as a more heroic character.
He currently ranks at 5th on the tier list, which is owed to his quick speed and his distancing attacks, and his ability to hover and miss ground attacks puts him at a large advantage. He doesn't have a lot of power though, and he can have trouble approaching power heavy opponents, such as Kefka.
Daroach is a spacing character, using projectiles like his magic and bombs to keep himself away from opponents, and is able to slash at them with attacks that send them into the air to be followed up with combos. He is really light weight, but he's very fast and can attack at blinding speeds, almost at the point of teleporting at max speed. His aerial game is the best, for his ground game leaves him vulnerable to hard hitters such as Athena and Kefka.
Daroach's attacks have different effects, properties, and effects, rendering him rather predictable, but when he pulls these attacks can be rather sudden and unexpected, and if people don't get out of the way, he can slash them hard with his claws or freeze them with blasts from his scepter, or use the triple star to dazzle opponents. His attacks come with little to no lag and some of them can be easily spammed to rack high damage.
As for special moves, Daroach is capable of summoning his underlings of the Squeaks to get them to attack opponents and using the Triple Star to rack easy damage to aerial foes. He can do a dashing claw swipe to toss away opponents from him, being a physical spacing tool, which is unique and breaks through moves that reflect projectiles that are more meant for spacing.
In summary, Daroach is good for players who want to stay away from the opponents, and a great player for dishing out unexpected attacks, but one needs to be masterful and sneaky with the character, for his attacks are easy to recognized and their most obvious uses can be spotted almost immediately. Mastering the air and using Daroach's low knockback aerial moves is very important, for they are his most reliable ways of racking up damage quickly.
These are Daroach's basic statistics in the game.
- Power: 5/10
- Defense: 3/10
- Speed: 10/10
- Jump: 8/10
- Weight: 4/10
- Focus Buildup: Moderate
- Healing Speed: Very Low
- General Attack Lag: Low
Daroach's attacks are varied, he could be using long range swipe attacks or his Triple Star weapon, you just can't tell unless a bad player is being predictable with him. He can toss his hat like a boomerang, trap opponents in his jagged cloak and beat them up, and warp them out of his zoning range, all moves he has never really seen doing in the games. But when keeping true to the games, he can use ice magic, Triple Star blasts, his minions, and transform into Dark Daroach for split seconds when he's using his powerful Smash attacks.
Daroach's signature move is the Triple Star Array, a move which sends three stars from its self-named weapon to damage opponents heavily, although it ends with loads of lag and the move takes some time to charge up too. If the player holds B and presses A and X constantly, they will charge up this move. To avoid high lag though, they need to let go before half-full charge, and if they do so, Daroach will just have low lag.
Gamble Galaxy is Daroach's default home stage, and is the last world of Kirby: Squeak Squad, the debut game of Daroach. It's a stage made of just small asteroids, with a bunch of them occasionally merging to make large platforms. Occasionally, crystals will come across and shatter some of the asteroids, requiring players to jump out of the way.
Gamble Galaxy and Boss music from Kirby: Squeak Squad play on this stage by default, and the Final Boss music as well as the music of Ice Island can be played once unlocked.
The Halberd is Daroach's unlockable home stage, although it would ironically be the home of Meta Knight, not Daroach, but was added for the sake of attempting to represent different levels of a franchise. It's a large stage that flies off with strong winds that can push the players off, and the Combo Cannon and even Meta Knight himself and his underlings can attack. A savage level that requires players to keep on their toes.
Meta Knight's Revenge (Brawl) and Marx (Brawl) play on this stage by default, although the boss theme of Meta Knight (Kirby Super Star Ultra) and the Dark Meta Knight (Triple Deluxe) theme can be played via unlocking them.
- Costume effects can be turned off.
- Yellow: Daroach's jagged cape becomes yellow and his eyes become red.
- Green: Daroach's jagged cape becomes green.
- Violet: Daroach's jagged cape becomes violet.
- Black: Daroach's jagged cape becomes black, his body becoming a pure white as his eye becomes grey, leaving him colorless.
- Rainbow: Daroach's jagged cape becomes rainbow-like in color.
- Dark Daroach: Daroach switches his body to be Dark Daroach, and for the attacks he performs that would already turn him into Dark Daroach, he just turns a darker hue.
- Mickey Mouse: Daroach's eyes become cartoony, his eyes become bigger, and his cape more or less resembles the clothing of Mickey Mouse.
- ENTRANCE #1: Daroach warps onto the stage, holding his hat and tipping it to the other fighters.
- ENTRANCE #2: The Squeaks come in and clumsily drop off Daroach, who tips his hat.
- UP TAUNT: Daroach holds his Triple Star high into the air, chuckling a bit.
- SIDE TAUNT: Daroach tips his hat, warping out of existence for a second before coming back, glint in his eyes.
- DOWN TAUNT: Daroach spins around in place, waving his Triple Star around a bit afterwards.
- VICTORY POSE #1: Daroach spins around in place, teleporting above as the Squeaks dance around with each other.
- VICTORY POSE #2: Daroach spins in place, then lifts up one bit of his cape, his hand sticking out with Triple Star in hand.
- VICTORY POSE #3: Daroach tosses the Triple Star into the air, catching it as the rest of the Squeaks cheer for him.
- MUSICAL THEME: Squeak Squad Theme, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- VICTORY THEME: Kirby Series Victory Theme, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Main Article · Characters · Partners · Arenas · Minigames
Athena · Burger King · Centaur Man · Daroach · Ed · Gaius
Kefka · Luffy · Marceline · Randall · Silver · Tifa