Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Mario Star Tennis|
| June 7, 2011 |
June 20, 2011
June 20, 2011
June 28, 2011
June 28, 2011
|1-4 Players (Simultaneously)|
|Media Included||Wii Disc|
Gameplay is very much like the previous Mario tennis game. Players choose from characters and courts inspired by the Mario universe and partake in tennis matches. They can choose between Singles and Doubles, and the player or team with the most points wins. Of course, the Wii's motion controls are incorporated into the game, and there is also the option of using the Wii Motion Plus accesory for added precision.
- Tournament Mode: Compete against opponents and work your way to the top in 5 different cups. This is the main mode of the game where most of the characters and courts can be unlocked. Two players can play if Doubles is chosen.
- Exhibition Mode: Pick a character and a court, set up the rules, and head right into the tennis action. Up to 4 players.
- Minigames: Play several fun, tennis-based minigames.
- Extras: Watch cutscenes, view trophies and collectibles, and listen to music, voices, etc.
- Nintendo Wi-Fi: Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and face-off against random players and compete in special competitions.
- Options: Adjust in-game settings such as screen ratio, audio, and more.
There is a total of 40 different playable characters. Much like in Mario Power Tennis, all the characters have an offensive and defensive shot that may be used once they have a glowing racket. This time around they are not called Power Shots, but instead, they are called Star Shots.
Character Skill Types
Each character has a skill type that can be used to their advantage.
- All-Around: All-Around characters are balanced and equal in all areas. Perfect for beginners.
- Speed: Speed characters are usually quick on their feet.
- Technique: Technique characters excel in the technical aspect of the game.
- Power: Power characters are generally heavy-weight, and their shots are strong. However, they move very slowly.
- Tricky: Tricky characters tend to confuse their opponents and throw them off guard. Their shots are unpredictable and have an exaggerated spin. Tricky characters make for difficult competitors.
|Character Name||Type||Offensive Shot||Defensive Shot||Alternate Costume||Tennis Name||Tennis Theme|
|Mario||All-Around||Iron Hammer||Mario Spin||NES Mario|
|Baby Mario||All-Around||Mallet Smash||Train Ride||Joker Baby Mario|
|Luigi||All-Around||Bouncy Mallet||Vacuum Return||Samurai Luigi|
|Baby Luigi||All-Around||Pacifier Hit||Tornado Spin||Jester Baby Luigi|
|Peach||Speed||Heart Confusion||Heart Power||Swimsuit Peach|
|Daisy||Speed||Flower Finish||Pedal Power||Ballerina Tutu Daisy|
|Toad||All-Around||Toad Effect||Mush Dash||Gold Toad|
|Toadette||Speed||Powerful & Pink||Mushroom Bounce||Silver Toadette|
|Yoshi||Technique||Rainbow Ball||Tongue Grab||Cowboy Yoshi|
|Birdo||Speed||Egg Bounce||Suction||Cowgirl Birdo|
|Donkey Kong||Technique||Donkey Punch||Kong Move||Yeti Donkey Kong|
|Diddy Kong||Technique||Goin' Bananas||Kartwheel||Black & White Diddy Kong|
|Wario||Power||Electric Shot||Ultra-Hand Return||Wario-Man|
|Waluigi||Power||Purple Haze||Long Jump||Waluigi-Man|
|Bowser||Power||Fire Breath||Bowser Spin||Metal Bowser|
|Bowser Jr.||Power||Graffiti Splat||Pole Jump||Metal Bowser Jr.|
|Boo||Tricky||Ghastly Shot||Teleportation||Astronaut Boo|
|King Boo||Tricky||Invisiball||Mini Boos||Bat King Boo|
|Koopa Troopa||All-Around||Shell Shocked||Shell Spin||Blue Koopa Troopa|
|Paratroopa||All-Around||Wing Hit||Flight||Yellow Paratroopa|
|Shy Guy||Tricky||Three Masks||Shy Guy Slide||Black Shy Guy|
|Fly Guy||Tricky||Fly Down||High Fly||White Fly Guy|
|Dixie Kong||Speed||Banana Twirl||Ponytail Propeller||Kimono Dixie Kong|
|Funky Kong||Tricky||Surfboard Smash||Wave Rider||Esmiko Funky Kong|
|Dry Bones||Tricky||Bone Voyage||Bone Throw||Metal Dry Bones|
|Dry Bowser||Power||Exoskeletal||Skeleton Spin||Metal Dry Bowser|
|Petey Piranha||Tricky||Mud Glob||Piranha Plant||Oily Petey Piranha|
|Kritter||Tricky||Club Smash||Kritter Troop||Office Kritter|
|King K. Rool||Tricky||King's Hit||Crown Boomerang||Doctor King K. Rool|
|Hammer Bro.||Technique||Hammer Hit||Hammer Throw||Dark Hammer Bro.|
|Blooper||Tricky||Inked||Ink Slide||Dark Blooper|
|Monty Mole||All-Around||Mole Madness||Dig-Up||Torero Monty Mole|
|Magikoopa||Tricky||Magic Spell||Broom Ride||Patriotic Magikoopa|
|Baby Peach||Speed||Tarzan Yell||Rattle||Panda Baby Peach|
|Rosalina||Speed||Starstruck||Star Power||Wedding Bride Rosalina|
|Dora||Speed||Star Blast||Star Filp||Bathing Suit Dora|
|Kai-Lan||Speed||Dragon Break||Sidewinder||Bathing Suit Kai-Lan|