Mario Party: To The Max!!! is a Mario Party version of Sonic Generations, and will be released for the Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo IC. It will be released on January 24th, 2013 to celebrate the Mario Party series's 15th birthday.
One day, Mario and his friends were looking at photos from past Mario Parties. Suddenly, Bowser and Bowser Jr. appear with a mysterious machine. Bowser explains that it will erase his past defeats in the Mario Party series, cell by cell, second by second, and then replace those defeats with everything he'd ever wanted in the series: to control Mario Land from MP2, own the birthday presents from MP4, have his dreams placed into Dream Land from MP5, go with the Mario gang on vacation in MP7, own the Star Rod from MP8, seize the Star Crystals from MPDS, and take hold of the Mini Stars from MP9. Then, he will combine the three Star Elements to create a Scepter of Energy, and create his own empire out of his newly-mended victories. With that being said, Bowser sends the Mario crew back in time to 1998, the year of the first Mario Party, where he thought they would never return...
But with the help of Bumble, the Star Spirits, Brighton, Twila, Toadsworth, MC Ballyhoo, Yellow Toad, Green Toad, and Blue Toad, Mario and his friends can defeat Bowser, save the Star Elements, and restore time to its normal state. Prepare for the zaniest, craziest, most exciting Mario Party adventure yet!
- Toadette (Purchase her for 250 coins)
- Birdo (Purchase her for 500 coins)
- Dry Bones (Purchase him for 750 coins)
- Blooper (Purchase him for 1000 coins)
- Hammer Bro. (Purchase him for 1250 coins)
- Shroob (NEW; purchase him for 1500 coins)
- Magikoopa (Purchase him for 1750 coins)
- Metal Mario (NEW; purchase him for 2000 coins)
- Maria (NEW; purchase her for 2750 coins)
- Luise (NEW; purchase her for 3000 coins)
- Raccoon Mario (NEW; purchase him for 1,000,000 coins)
- Fox Luigi (NEW; purchase him for 1,250,000 coins)
- Bumble (Hosts the entire game)
- Star Spirits (Host Story Mode)
- Brighton and Twila (Host Party Mode)
- Toadsworth (Hosts Minigame Mode)
- MC Ballyhoo (Hosts Bonus Mode)
- Yellow Toad (Hosts the Boards)
- Green Toad (Hosts the Last 5 Turns event)
- Blue Toad (Hosts the Minigames)
- Whomp and Thwomp (Host the Super Duel Mode)
- Proffessor E. Gadd (Hosts the Shop)
- Koopa Kid
- Boom Boom
- Pom Pom
- Shadow Mario
- KIng Bob-omb
- King Boo
- Bowser Jr.
- False Bowser
- Mega Bowser
- Giga Bowser
- Dry Bowser
- Mega Dry Bowser
- Giga Dry Bowser
- Mario's Rainbow Castle (Mario Party) - There are no gimmicks here.
- Luigi's Engine Room (Mario Party) - Sometimes Bob-ombs will explode and steal coins from you.
- Peach's Birthday Cake (Mario Party) - Someone may cut up a piece of cake. If you are standing on that piece, you'll lose 10 coins and be teleported to another area of the board.
- Daisy's Western Wilds (Western Land, Mario Party 2) - Outlaws may arrive and steal 15 coins from you.
- Yoshi's Pirate Bay (Pirate Land, Mario Party 2) - A Cube Thwomp may appear and transport you to a different area of the board.
- DK's Lush Meadows (Woody Woods, Mario Party 3) - Every five turns, a certain creature appears. Kritters will steal 10 coins from each player; Klaptraps will steal 15 coins; and Krimps will steal 20 coins.
- Wario's Burning Dunes (Spiny Desert, Mario Party 3) - If you touch a Pokey during your turn, you are knocked back five spaces.
- Waluigi's Island (Mario Party 3) - If you touch a Chain Chomp during your turn, you lose 10 coins and are sent back five spaces.
- Toad's Midway Madness (Mario Party 4) - If you are hit by a roller coaster, you lose 25 coins.
- Koopa's Seaside Soiree (Mario Party 4) - If you touch a red Dorrie during your turn, it slaps you with its fin, causing you to lose 15 coins.
- Boo's Haunted Bash (Mario Party 4) - Every five turns, a Dark Boo arrives to switch around everyone's coins.
- Shy Guy's Jungle Jam (Mario Party 4) - Every five turns, a Ukiki steals items from a player chosen by roulette wheel.
- Monty Mole's Surprise Peak (Pirate Dream, Mario Party 5) - Molten Mole may appear and switch around everyone's items.
- Diddy's Towering Treetop (Towering Treetop, Mario Party 6) - If you touch a Scuttlebug during your turn, you lose 20 coins and are knocked back 10 spaces.
- Toadette's Winter Wonderland (Snowflake Lake, Mario Party 6) - Every five turns, BlizzFlake appears and blocks the easiest path to the star. You must give him 10 coins to be able to pass.
- Birdo's Great Plaza (Faire Square, Mario Party 6) - If you get hit by a car, you lose half your coins.
- Dry Bones's River (Grand Canal, Mario Party 7) - Every five turns, Sharkbones appears and steals 15 coins from each player while swapping around their items.
- Blooper's Mountain Tower (Pagoda Peak, Mario Party 7) - If you touch a Camo Blooper during your turn, you are knocked back 10 spaces.
- Hammer Bro.'s Runaway Train (Shy Guy's Perplex Express, Mario Party 8) - If you bump into a Sledge Bro. during your turn, you must give him 10 coins. If you don't have that much, he takes what you already have.
- Shroob's Dark Mansion (King Boo's Haunted Hideaway, Mario Party 8) - If you bump into a black Thwomp during your turn, it smashes you and steals half of your coins.
- Magikoopa's Library (Kamek's Library, Mario Party DS) - If you bump into a red Magikoopa during your turn, you must give him 20 coins. If you don't have that much, he knocks you back to START.
- Metal Mario's Pinball Machine (Bowser's Pinball Machine, Mario Party DS) - Every five turns, Golden Mario appears and changes the Star Space's location.
- Dixie Kong Avenue (Toad Road, Mario Party 9) - If you touch a Kritter during your turn, he takes half of your coins and sends you back five spaces.
- Maria's Mallet Fort (Bob-omb Factory, Mario Party 9) - Big Bob-omb may appear and send you back 15 spaces.
- Luise Beach (Blooper Beach, Mario Party 9) - If you touch a Cheep Chomp during your turn, he swallows you(steals 15 coins) and spits you back out to another location on the board.
- Bowser Jr.'s Inferno Volcano (Magma Mine, Mario Party 9; defeat Bowser Jr. to unlock this board) - Every five turns, Shadow Mario appears and adds a Ztar Space to the board. If you land on a Ztar Space after that, you are forced to take the Ztar. Then, you lose one normal Star.
- Bowser's Dark Doom Pit (NEW; beat this board to unlock it in Party Mode) - Every five turns, Nessdark appears and steals half of each player's coins. If you bump into Mattdark during your turn, he takes all of your items and sends you back 15 spaces.
- Klaptrap Swamp (NEW; purchase it for 2500 coins) - If you bump into Blarrgh during your turn, he steals all of your items, along with 15 coins, and sends you back 10 spaces.
- Doomship Fortress (NEW; purchase it for 3000 coins) - Every five turns, Boom Boom appears and steals everyone's items. If you bump into Pom Pom during your turn, she steals 25 coins and sends you back 15 spaces. If you bump into Bowser Jr., he sends you back to START.
- Center of Time (NEW; beat Story Mode) - Every five turns, Bowser's magic swaps the player's locations around and steals 20 coins from each player. If a player doesn't have that much, Bowser sends him/her back to START. If you bump into the Koopa Clown Car during your turn, Bowser steals all of your items.