|Mario Party: Superstar Game|
|(Check the Gameplay)|
|Series||Mario Party (series)|
|Media Included|| Nintendo Switch Catridge|
|Available Input|| Joy-Con|
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
Mario Party: Superstar Game is a Mario Party Game for Nintendo Switch. The game will include at least all the diferent gameplays from all the main Mario Party series.
- Story Mode (Single Player): In Story Mode, the player can choose a character and pass through different new courses, defeating Bosses to defeat the evil Bowser and become the Superstar Hero! Unlike the other Mario Party games, this game have the players playing or in the Classic Mode, or in the Vehicle Mode or in the Race Mode during the Story Mode.
- Bowser's Mode (1-5 players): In this mode, the player plays as Bowser (in multiplayer, the other players play with the heores). The objective of the player that plays with Bowser is that stop the heores to get to the end of each course, playing Bowser's Minigames.
- Solo Mode (1-4 Players): In Solo Mode, players choose their characters and the boards to freely play anytime. To unlock various boards, the player needs to complete Story Mode (new ones) or buy them at Tumble's Shop with coins (retro ones). The bosses only appear on new boards, however, the player can choose to elimimnate boss minigames. The Solo Mode have different types of Gameplay:
- Classic Mode: The traditional gameplay from MP1-8 returns. There, the objective of the player is to get the most Stars possible to win the game in a determinaded number of turns (minimum of 10 and maximum of 25), with an Minigame after each turn. The miniboss battle happends when are reached half of the determinaded number of turns and the final boss battle at the final turn. The player who wins at 1st place the boss minigames will get 3 Stars, at 2nd place will get 1 Star, at 3rd place will get 10 coins and nothing at 4th place. The Tower or the Castle do not show a boss minigame at this mode, but the player gain a Star, or an amount of coins or a ZStar by spinning a roulette when passing at it. A Sledge Bro. will appear at this moment.
- Vehicle Mode: The Gameplay from MP9/10. There, the characters have to get to the end of the path with the most Mini Stars. Characters move around in vehicles taking turns being the "captain", or rolling the dice, with an Minigame after each turn. The player with most Mini Stars wins the course. The miniboss battles hapend at the Tower and at the Castle of the board.
- Race Mode: The Gameplay from MP:IT. There, the player needs to be the first to reach the finish line at the end of the course, with an Minigame after each turn. The boss minigames happend when the first player reaches the tower or the castle of the arena. The player who wins at 1st place the boss minigames will get a Gold 5- 10 Dice Block, at 2nd place will get a Silver 2-6 Dice Block, at 3rd place will get a Bronze 1-3 Dice Block and nothing at 4th place. The castle boss do not will appear at the finish line, but some spaces before the finish line.
- Minigame Mode (1-4 Players): In Minigame Mode, players can choose their characters and freely play various Minigames already unlocked in Story Mode and Bowser's Mode. The types of minigames of the game are:
- Free-for-All minigames
- 2-vs-2 minigames
- 1-vs-Rivals minigames
- Bowser Jr. minigames
- Bowser minigames
- Boss minigames
- Extra minigames
- Tumble's Shop: In Tumble's Shop, the player can buy lots of things, such as soundtracks, old Mario Party (seires) boards and Special Minigames with coins that can be earned in Story Mode and Solo Mode.
- Star Bank: In the Star Bank, Coins collected in other modes are stored in this special bank. The player can also deposit Coins to buy things at Tumble's Shop.
- MC Ballyhoo's Museum: In this Museum, you can listen to the game's ssoundtrack, character voices, you can see your trophies and also pictures.
- Boss Mode (1-4 Players): In this mode, you can play Bosses minigames that you can only play if you complete all Story Mode. If the player complete every boss minigame without any miss, he will unlock MP9/IT/10 boss minigames.
The layout of boards change a little depending of the type of gameplay. They are playable on Story Mode.
|Name||Theme||First Boss||Final Boss|
|Dinossaur Grassland||Grassland/Park||Whomp King||Goomboss|
|Tumbling Archipelago||Island/Underwater||Mollusque-Lanceur||Gooper Blooper|
|Crystals Railway Cave||Cavern/Railway||Mega Wiggler||Major Burrows|
|Illusory Forest||Jungle/Forest||Bugaboom||Petey Piranha|
|Frozen Glacier||Snowfield||Mega Fliprus||Baron Brrr|
|Phantom Castle||Horror||Bouldergeist||King Boo|
|Smash Stone Mountains||Mountain||Boss Sumo Bro.||King Bob-omb|
|Cloudy Skylands||Cloudy Sky||Giga Lakitu||Wingo|
|Cahotic Volcano||Volcano||Boss Brolder||King Kaliente|
|Great Egg Galaxy||Space||Dino Piranha||Kamella|
|Bowser's Planet||Castle/Casino||Bowser Jr.||Bowser|
The retro boards, much like retro courses from Mario Kart series, are past Mario Party game's Nitro Course. Most of them completely redesigned for HD graphics. They usually include new mechanics, new details , and completely new backgrounds. Also, most Retro Boards have new remixed and/or remastered music. All Retro Boards have to be bought at Tumble's Shop, each one differing in prize. There are 14 retro boards in total, each one originating from a previous Mario Party game. Like the new boards, the layout of the boards change a little depending of the type of gameplay, but, unlike them, these boards do not have any boss battles and do not appear on Story Mode. World 3 and World 4 were split into sections on their origin games, however, these section appear united at one board on Mario Party: Superstar Game.
|Name||Originally From||Coins needed|
|Goomba's Booty Boardwalk||Mario Party 8|
|Spiny Desert||Mario Party 3|
|Kamek's Library||Mario Party DS|
|Underwater Dream||Mario Party 5|
|Horror Land||Mario Party 2|
|Star-Crossed Skyway||Mario Party: Island Tour|
|E. Gadd's Garage||Mario Party 6|
|Shy Guy's Jungle Jam||Mario Party 4|
|World 3||Mario Party: Star Rush|
|Bob-omb Factory||Mario Party 9|
|Pagoda Peak||Mario Party 7|
|World 4||Mario Party: The Top 100|
|Airship Central||Mario Party 10|
|Bowser's Magma Mountain||Mario Party|
|Mario||Luigi||Princess Peach||Princess Daisy||Yoshi||Birdo|
|Baby Mario||Baby Luigi||Diddy Kong||Dixie Kong||Pianta||Whittle|
|Monty Mole||Spike||Magikoopa||Koopa Troopa||Boo||Dry Bones|
|Waddlewing||Lakitu||Blooper||Shy Guy||Hammer Bro.||Chargin' Chuck|
|Lubba||Shadow Mario||Nabbit||Koopa Kid||Pauline||Mii|
|Dry Bowser||Dark Bowser|
- OBS: Bowser, Dry Bowser and Dark Bowser are playable only in Bowser's Mode.