Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Mario Kart Havoc|
|1-8 Players (Local) 1-12 Players (Online)|
Mario Kart Havoc is an upcoming Mario Kart game that will be released on the next generation of Nintendo consoles. It takes the numerous new features that the previous installments added, such as gliding, underwater racing, and zero-gravity, and builds upon it.
Havoc Moves are a new ability in Mario Kart Havoc, only available in Grand Prix races. Once a meter is filled up, which can be filled by using items, grabbing coins, or spinning off other players in anti-gravity, they will be able to unleash a powerful attack unique to them, similar to Final Smashes in Super Smash Bros.. If players do not wish to use Havoc Moves, and would rather a traditional Mario Kart experience, they can turn them off in the settings.
Mario Kart Havoc has a total of 48 characters in the game; 24 of which are available from the start of the game, while the other 24 must be unlocked first by meeting certain criteria. In addition to these, there are also 36 alternate colors available for certain characters.
Feather (New Driver)
Medium (New Driver)
Light (New Driver)
Rather than unlocking characters after completing a certain task, you will now be required to race against and beat the characters, similar to how characters are unlocked in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- Mario (Fire Mario)
- Luigi (Ice Luigi)
- Yoshi (Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Cyan, Pink, Black, White)
- Shy Guy (Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Cyan, Pink, Black, White)
- Sprixie (Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Cyan, Pink)
- Toad (Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple)
- Baby Yoshi (Red, Blue, Yellow, Magenta)
- Metal Mario (Gold Mario)
- Triple Mushroom
- Golden Mushroom
- Green Shell
- Triple Green Shell
- Red Shell
- Triple Red Shell
- Blue Spiny Shell
- Triple Banana
- Bullet Bill
- Yoshi Egg
- Fire Flower
- Super Leaf
- Boomerang Flower
There will be a total of 12 cups in Mario Kart Havoc, with half being new courses, and half being from previous games.
- Bowser Circuit - A course that appears to be a basic, Bowser-themed circuit, but a hole in the track drops down into a secret lair with numerous hazards.
- Honeycomb Highway - Based on Honeyhive, Honeyclimb, and Golden Leaf Galaxies.
- Splounder Falls - A course based around a waterfall that leads into a river. Splounders can be leaped on with vehicles to gain a speed boost, similarly to the giant mushrooms in Mushroom Gorge from Mario Kart Wii.
- Fuzzy Climb - A path that winds around a huge mountain and leads into the sky. Contains Fuzzies as hazards.
- Icicle Alpine - A path through snowy mountains; icicles will occasionally fall down and hit drivers.
- Piranha Pipe Plains - A field with Piranha Plants in pipes surrounding it.
- Spooky Shore - Takes place on a beach at night and goes through a haunted temple with Boos in it. Several secret paths that go through the water can be used, but Bloopers will appear as hazards in them.
- Wii Maple Treeway
- 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
- 3DS Wario Shipyard
- 3DS Daisy Hills
- Wii U Dragon Driftway
- Wii U Wild Woods
- Wii U Water Park
- Wii U Cloudtop Cruise
- Wii U Mario Circuit
- Wii U Electrodome
- Wii Funky Stadium
Like in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8, players can customize their own karts and bikes using different kart/bike frames, tires, and gliders.