Mario Kart GT is a Mario Kart game for the Nintendo GT, and it is the fourth game in the series for a handheld.
There are 36 characters in this game, 10 default, 20 unlockable, 6 downloadable.
|Mario||100px||Mario is a skilled Kart driver and a medium racer. He drives the Fireball 2.0, which, like Mario himself, is All-Around.||Fireballs-Mario shoots three fireballs down the road, which when hitting an enemy, causes them to slow down.|
|Luigi||Luigi is Mario's brother, and a Kart driver as well. He drives the Poltergust Rider, which has good acceleration, but has not a lot of firepower.||Plasmaballs - Same as Mario's Fireballs, but are slower, and shrink the rivals.|
|Peach||100px||Peach is a medium driver and the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. She drives the Princess Chariot, which has very high speed, but the lowest power in the game.||Hearts - Peach gets three hearts around her which absord any items (except Blue Shells).|
|Toad is a lightweight character and Princess Peach's servant. He drives the Turbo Mushmobile, which has low speed, and low power, but high drift.||5 Mushrooms - Toad summons 5 mushrooms to make him very fast.|
|Yoshi||Yoshi is a middleweight who lives with his tribe on Yoshi's Island. He drives the Prehistoric Cruiser, which has bad control, but is very powerful.||Yoshi Egg - Homes in on an enemy and explodes, causing an item to go on the track.|
|Wario||Wario is a heavyweight who runs WarioWare, a company that makes Microgames. He drives the Wario Bike, which has very high speed and power, but very low control.||Fart Boost - Wario releases farts which make him faster.|
|Donkey Kong||File:110px-DKposes.png||Donkey Kong is an ape that lives on Donkey Kong Island. He drives the Jungle Cruiser, which has lots of acceleration but low speed.||Barrel Toss - DK tosses a barrel, which slows down enemies.|
|Bowser is the heavyweight king of Koopas. He drives the Koopa Clown Kart, which has lots of power, and high speed.||Bowser Shell - Bowser tosses a ginormous shell at foes.|
|Baby Mario||Baby Mario is Mario's baby form, who has stopped Bowser, even as a child. He drives the Motorstroller, which has lots of control, but low power and speed.||Rattle Boomerang - Hits a foe and then returns, can be used three times.|
|Bowser Jr.||Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son, and heir to the Koopa throne, this middleweight drives the Hurricane Jr. which has high speed and power, but low acceleration.||Mini-Shell - Bowser Jr. shoots a Bowser Shell, which is faster but less powerful.|
|Daisy||Daisy is the first unlockable character and mediumweight driver. She is the ruler of Sarasaland and drives the Flower Chariot, which has high acceleration, but low power.||Flowers-Daisy sprouts Flowers, which do the same thing as Peach's hearts.||Clear the Star Cup in 50cc with an A or higher ranking.|
|Waluigi||Waluigi is the second unlockable and a mediumweight as well. He drives the Purple Cricket, which has lots of power, but low speed.||Bow-Legs - Waluigi grows huge and walks over other karts.||Clear all Nitro Cups in 50cc with one gold star or more on each cup.|
|Diddy Kong||Diddy Kong is a lightweight and DK's little buddy. He drives the Bongo Train, which has high speed, but very low power.||Rocketbarrel-Diddy Kong sets off two rocketbarrels which make him go very fast.||Clear the 50cc Leaf Cup.|
|Toadette||Toadette is a lightweight and the girlfriend of Toad. She drives the Vroomer, which has high speed, but low acceleration and power.||Pigtail Helicopter - Toadette uses her pigtails to have extra speed.||Clear 50cc with all Star rankings.|
|Birdo||Birdo is a glamourous dino who is Yoshi's girlfriend. She drives the Glamour Racer, which has good control, but low speed.||Vacuum - Birdo sucks up an item, and uses it.||Clear the 100cc Flower Cup with Yoshi.|
|Koopa Troopa||Koopa Troopa is one of Bowser's minions. He drives the Shellshocker, which has very high speed, but very low acceleration.||5 Shell - Koopa Troopa gets 5 Shells, 2 Green, 2 Red, and 1 Blue.||Clear all the Retro 100cc cups with 1 Star or more ranking.|
|Dry Bones||Dry Bones is a skeletal Koopa Troopa and another of Bowser's minions. He drives the Skelecycle, which has high control, but low speed and power.||Fright Jar - Dry Bones rolls a Fright Jar onto the track, which slows down opponents.||Get 8 Expert Staff Ghosts on Time Trials.|
|King Boo||King Boo appears in his original Luigi's Mansion design, he is the leader of Boos. He drives the Haunted Float, which has very high power, but low speed and acceleration.||Boo Boost - King Boo summons Boos that push the kart, making it faster.||Clear 100cc Nitro Cups with Luigi.|
|Professor E. Gadd||Professor E. Gadd is here! After being rejected from Mario Kart DS, The prof is back! He drives the Gaddvan, which has high control and speed, but low power.||F.L.U.D.D - E. Gadd uses F.L.U.D.D as a weapon which slows down enemies when squirted.||Clear 16 Time Trials.|
|Hammer Bro.||Hammer Bros. are an elite source to Bowser's army. This Hammer Bro. drives the Elite Koopacopter, which has high power and speed, but very low control.||Hammer - Hammer Bro. chucks a Hammer at another kart, which when hitting the kart, makes three items appear.||Beat the 150cc Star Cup.|
|Petey Piranha||Petey Piranha is the leader of Piranha Plants. He drives the Ivy Rider, which has very high power, but low acceleration.||Goop - Petey spits Goop onto a certain area of road, which slows down other racers who drive in it.||Get 12 Expert Staff Ghosts on Time Trials.|
|Dixie Kong||Dixie Kong appears in a Mario Kart! She drives the Chimp Jeep, which has good speed, but very bad control.||Helicopter Twirl - Dixie whirs her hair to make her be boosted.||Complete the 150cc Special Cup.|
|Kamek||Kamek appears in Mario Kart! He drives the Scholar's RV, which has low power and speed, but very high acceleration.||Reversal Magic - Kamek reverses the Controls for other racers for 15 seconds.||Get 16 Experts Staff Ghosts on Time Trials.|
|Baby Luigi||Baby Luigi is the baby version of Luigi. He drives the Goo Goo Buggy 2, which has high speed, but low power.||Tear Boost - Baby Luigi cries, the Tears making him faster.||Clear 150cc Banana Cup with a Star Ranking or higher.|
|Rosalina||Rosalina is the queen of the Cosmos. She drives the Cosmic Explorer, which has good acceleration, but low speed.||Luma - Many Lumas defend Rosalina's kart. They can bouncing back items.||Win a race at least 30 seconds ahead of the Second Place racer.|
|Shy Guy||Tiny guys with masks, and Yoshi's adversaries. This Shy Guy drives the Tribal Throne, which has high speed, but low control and power.||Fly Guy - Shy Guy sprouts a propellor on his head, which allows him to hover for a while, avoiding all ground items.||Clear all 150cc Nitro Cups with a Star Ranking or higher.|
|Monty Mole||Monty Mole is a tiny mole who hides in the ground. He drives the Minecart Carrier, which has high power, but very low control.||Minecart - Monty rides a Minecart down the track, throwing gold and rocks at other racers.||Get 24 Expert Staff Ghosts on Time Trials.|
|Wiggler||Wiggler is a tempermental caterpillar. He drives the Flutter Wings, which are very powerful and controlable, but low speed.||Angry Rampage - Wiggler turns angry and stampedes uncontrolably down the course.||Play 50 Battles.|
|Geno||Geno is a warrior from Star Road, and a good ally to Mario. He drives the Warrior's Steed, which has high power and speed, but very very low control.||Power of Wishes - Geno either burns, freezes, or zaps other racers.||Clear 150cc with All Star Rankings.|
|Boom Boom and Pom Pom||Bowser's minions work together as a tag-team! They drive the Air Glider, which is heavy but has low speed.||Boomerang - Boom Boom and Pom Pom each throw 5 boomerangs.||Complete Mirror Mode with all characters other than them.|
|Maria||Maria is one of Mario and Luigi's cousins, she is one of the 4 downloadable characters available with the game. She drives the Omega Sunset, which has high acceleration and control, but low speed.||Mallet Maria - Maria gets a Golden Mallet and becomes Mallet Maria, flattening other players.||250 Wii Points|
|Luise||Luise is another one of Mario and Luigi's cousins, and is very timid. She drives the Glamour Carriage, which has a high amount of speed, but low power.||Bulb Luise - Luise lights up the track, and can head through dark areas, she also can find hidden roads.||300 Wii Points|
|King K. Rool||King K. Rool is the kroaking King of Kremlings, and is very heavy. He drives the Tropical Chariot, which has very very high power.||Klaptrap - King K. Rool tosses a Monster Klaptrap onto the track, which bites anyone in it's way.||350 Wii Points|
|Kritter||Kritter is one of King K. Rool's minions, he drives the Barrel Plane, which has considerably high power and speed, but very low control.||Spike Throw - Kritter rolls his Spiky Collars onto the track, which cause racers to slow down.||400 Wii Points|
|Goombario||Goombario is a goomba who is Mario's friend. He drives the Shroomy Putt-Putt, which has high acceleration, but low Speed and Power.||Headbonk - Goombario headbonks passing racers.||450 Wii Points|
|Goombella||Goombella is another one of Mario's friends, she drives the Archeoligist Jeep, which has high speed and acceleration, but low power.||Tattle - Goombella looks at the opponents stats, and gains the closest one's for 15 seconds.||500 Wii Points|
- Luigi Circuit - A easy course owned by Luigi. The only thing to look out for is The Chain Chomp.
- Baby Jiggler - A course that leans to the side depending of the racers on it, a Toadie flies overhead, dropping items on the course. This course is owned by Baby Mario.
- Dino City - A prehistoric city which is covered with moss, and the buildings are made of Rocks. This course is owned by Yoshi.
- WarioWare - A strange factory where Wario makes his Microgames. It is very cartoony.
- Mario Circuit - A lush green place. Mario's enemies, Goombas are all over the track, as are maybe a few Beezos.
- Koopa Playland - A giant playroom with Toy Trains and a Easel and paints. This course is owned by Bowser Jr.
- Giant Labyrinth - A course with very twisty turns and lots of alternate routes. Wiggler owns this course.
- DK Jungle - A jungle that goes through trees, up a mountain, and through a village.
- Peach Castle - Peach's Castle, You visit different course in Super Mario 64, in this order, Bob-omb Battlefield, Cool Cool Mountain, then Lethal Lava Land. Peach owns this course.
- Magician Theater - A theater where Magikoopas do magic. Kamek owns this course.
- Star Road - A twisty course owned by Geno. It is covered with Star Kids.
- Mecha Bowser's Core - The inside of Mecha Bowser, it is owned by Jackson.
- Casino Land - Waluigi's Casino, it has 3 Different floors. It is owned by Waluigi.
- Monty Mines - An underground mine. Monty Mole owns this course.
- Bowser Castle - A very tall castle. Bowser owns this course.
- Rainbow Road - The longest course in the entire game, it has only 1 lap.
- DS Luigi's Mansion - A redo of the course from Mario Kart DS, Professor E. Gadd is the ghost.
- Wii DK Summit - A redo of the course from Mario Kart Wii, Diddy Kong is the ghost.
- N64 Toad's Turnpike - A redo of the course from Mario Kart 64, Toad is the ghost.
- SNES Ghost Valley 3 - A redo of the course from Super Mario Kart, The ghost is King Boo.
- NGC Baby Park - A redo of the course from Mario Kart Double Dash, Baby Luigi is the ghost.
- Wii Toad's Factory - A redo of the course from Mario Kart Wii, Toadette is the ghost.
- NGC Daisy Cruiser - A redo of the course from MKDD, Daisy is the ghost.
- DS Tick Tock Clock - A redo of the course from MKDS, Hammer Bro. is the ghost.
- NGC Peach Beach - A redo of the course from MKDD, Blooper is the ghost here.
- N64 DK's Jungle Parkway - A redo of the course from MK64, Petey Piranha is the ghost here.
- Wii Koopa Cape - A redo of the course from MKWii, Koopa Troopa is the ghost here.
- SNES Bowser's Castle 2 - A redo from SMK, Dry Bones is the ghost here.
- Wii Rainbow Road - A redo of the course from MKWii, Rosalina is the ghost here.
- GBA Shy Guy Beach - A redo from MK:SC, Birdo is the ghost here.
- SNES Mario Circuit 3 - A redo from SMK, Mario is the ghost here
- Wii Bowser's Castle - A redo from MKWii, Bowser is the ghost here.