There are 8 cups, 4 Nitro and 4 Retro. The following table shows the name of the courses.
|Mushroom Cup||Flower Cup||Star Cup||Special Cup|
|Yoshi Circuit||Mountain Pass||Honey Circuit||Boo Castle|
|Shroom Hills||Bandit Motorway||Koopa Beach||Airship Raceway|
|Pokey Desert||Mario Circuit||Daisy Town||Bowser's Castle|
|Birdo Island||Sunshine Road||Forkline Mine||Rainbow Road|
|Shell Cup||Banana Cup||Leaf Cup||Lightning Cup|
|N64 Royal Raceway||GCN Dry Dry Desert||GBA Boo Lake||3DS Koopa City|
|WII Toad Factory||GBA Cheep Cheep Isle||DS Tick-Tock Clock||SNES Mario Circuit 4|
|3DS Shy Guy Bazaar||WII Daisy Circuit||GCN Mushroom City||WII Wario's Gold Mine|
|DS Wario Stadium||3DS Melody Motorway||3DS DK Jungle||
N64 Rainbow Road
|Nitro Stages||Retro Stages|
|Delfino Arena||N64 Double Deck|
|Shroom Downtown Car Park||GCN Luigi's Mansion|
|Wet-Dry Cubes||WII Funky Stadium|
|Skateboard Park||3DS Sherbet Rink|
The Battle Stages have their own special items.
- Mushroom - gives you a small boost.
- Golden Mushroom - enables you to get small boosts for a limited amount of time.
- Green Shell - throw it at a rival to make him spin.
- Red Shell - it homes into the next rival to make him spin.
- Triple Green Shells - three green shells for you to use.
- Triple Red Shells - three red shells for you to use.
- Blue Shell - it homes onto the first player character and explodes in contact.
- Banana - throw it to the track and make a rival spin.
- Poison Mushroom - the player can use it on himself, which will make him slower. But if the player does manage to bump onto another rival, the effect of the Poison Mushroom will pass to him. It has limited time.
- Bullet Bill - It turns you into a bullet bill, making you able to move much faster and smash every character on your way. It's limited, too.
- NOT COMPLETE.