Mario Kart: Frozen Speeds is the tenth installment in the Mario Kart series. This marks the first game on two systems and the second to be developed by GalaxySoft Inc. The release date is currently unknown, as it is still in development. It is also a sequel to Mario Kart: Burning Drift.
Mario Kart: Frozen Speeds plays similar to all previous Mario Kart games. This game adds a story mode where the player must compete against the Snowmads and Bowser to save Circuit Breaker Island. Not much else is known besides the return of anti-gravity sections, hang-gliding sections, and underwater areas.
- Single Player- Race in different gametypes.
- Grand Prix- Race through a series of 4 courses to win the gold!
- Time Trials- Shoot for the highest time as you race alone.
So far, only 13 characters have been revealed for the game. Two of these characters are newcomers (Fawful and Tuck), while the rest are returning.
16 courses have been confirmed; 8 retro and 8 nitro.
|Mushroom Cup||Flower Cup||Star Cup||Special Cup|
|Circuit Breaker Arena||Switch-Way Forest||Mario Circuit||Hisstocrat Casino|
|Paratroopa Haven||Gloom Valley||Egg Shell Caverns||DK Preserve|
|Oil Junction||Delfino Station||Tectonic Drive||Bowser's Castle|
|Chill Chill Docks||Sunbake Desert||Chomp Town||Rainbow Road|
|Shell Cup||Banana Cup||Leaf Cup||Lightning Cup|
|DS Figure-8 Circuit||N64 Wario Stadium||U Bone Dry Dunes||3DS Neo Bowser City|
|BD Old Clockworks||DS Shroom Ridge||BD Snowmad Hideout||GCN Wario Colosseum|
|TBA||U Toad Harbor||TBA||TBA|
|GBA Broken Pier||TBA||DS ???||Wii Rainbow Road|
References to other games
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare- The course Chomp Town shares its name with a map from this game.
- Mario Kart: Burning Drift- This game is a sequel. Snowmad Hideout returns as a retro course.
- Mario Kart 64- Wario Stadium returns as a retro course.
- Mario Kart Wii- Rainbow Road returns as a retro course.