Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is Ethanmark7199's page! If you want to edit, you must do the following:
You can correct spelling and grammar errors.
|Mario Kart: Charged Racers DX|
| October 19, 2013 |
October 23, 2013
October 27, 2013
November 1, 2013
|Media Included||AVr Cartridge|
Mario Kart: Charged Racers DX is a racing game for the Nintendo AVr. Mario Kart: Charged Racers DX includes features from its prequel, Mario Kart: Charged Racers, for the Nintendo AV. Some of the features from the prequel don't appear in this game. However, new features will be added, such as the mode called Double Dash.
Modes of Play
- Single Player and Multiplayer
- Grand Prix (1 player) In this mode, the player races against eight other CPU players in a quest to finish in first. Like in Mario Kart 7, there are coins on each track, the maximum being 10 coins. There are ten cups to choose from, ranging from the most to the least difficult. Drivers earn points by placing within twelve positions. A driver with the most points at the end of the four races wins the cup.
- Time Trial (1 player) Drivers race for the fastest time on a selected course. The fastest record is able to be raced again as a ghost. Drivers can also race staff records, or Regional Records/Champions and World Records/Champions (Wi-Fi must be used).
- VS Race (1 to 4 players, up to 8 online) Drivers can race to their own custom settings, but it is otherwise relatively the same to Grand Prix, other than the fact that drivers can see the other racers' character's names. The driver may choose a Solo Race, where they try to win for themselves, or Team Race, where two teams, red and blue, try to win for the team in order to gather the most points and beat the other.
- Battle (1 to 4 players, up to 8 online) Drivers team up with each other in a battle for the most points. Items only work against the opposite team, and have no effect on the team that use them. The player can only select the Standard Kart. There are four ways to battle:
- Balloon Battle: All drivers get three balloons and must use the items to hit the opponents to pop their balloons and get one point for every hit. If drivers lose all of their balloons, one point is deducted and remain out for a while to be brought back to the battle with three balloons once more.
- Coin Runners: The goal for drivers is to obtain more coins with their team than the other. In the top right corner of the screen, the score shows, which are the coins obtained altogether for each team. If drivers hit opponents, opponents drop their coins. The certain amount of coins dropped depends on the item that hits the player, and the amount of coins that the player has already gathered.
- Shine Thief: In this mode, there is a Shine Sprite on the arena which can be collected. As soon as a player has collected the Shine Sprite, a timer starts. The team who held on to the Shine Sprite at the end wins. Other players can steal the Shine Sprite, by hitting the player with the Sprite with any item, and then colleting the Sprite themselves. The timer is reset after this, but it starts at a lower level each time. The player must hold on to it for thirty seconds.
- Bob-omb Blast: In this mode, all items are Bob-ombs, and players can stack up to five Bob-ombs per character on their kart. When another player is hit by a Bob-omb explosion, that player loses a point (if he/she has one) and the other player gains it. The player who reaches three points first wins the match.
- Double Dash (1 to 4 players) This mode features the ability for two players to ride on a kart: one to drive and one to use items, just like in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, this time, without special items. Double Dash supports all other modes except Time Trials when playing offline.
- Online Multiplayer
- Worldwides - Users can join a worldwide competition to race or battle against other users in a group. Up to 8 people can race in one group.
- WW's Double - Two players can be able to ride on a kart in a WW's Double competition. This mode supports VS and Battle modes.
- Friends/Opponents - Users can race with friends they registered. They can also race against opponents they've raced against before.
- Communities - Users can create a community with customized rules, just like in Mario Kart 7. They can now be able to create a community with Double Dash settings.
- Mario Kart Channel
- Ghost Race (1 player) A Time Trial race with ghosts made by players around the world with relatively the same skill level to the actual player.
- Tournament (1 player) Drivers compete in a timed competition with specific goals. Just like in Mario Kart Wii, new tournaments are posted twice a month.
|Princess Peach||Princess Daisy|
|Baby Mario||Baby Luigi|
|Donkey Kong||Diddy Kong|
|Image||Name||Partner Name||Partner Name||How To Unlock|
|Koopa Troopa||Koopa Paratroopa||Win 50cc Flower Cup in Grand Prix.|
|Rosalina||Lubba||Win 50cc Special Cup in Double Dash GP.|
|Baby Peach||Baby Daisy||Win 50cc Banana Cup in Double Dash GP.|
|King Boo||Dry Bones||Win 50cc Lightning Cup in Grand Prix.|
|Shy Guy||Snifit||Win 100cc Flower Cup in Double Dash GP.|
|Lakitu||Wiggler||Win 100cc Special Cup in Grand Prix.|
|Kamek||Kamella||Win 100cc Banana Cup in Grand Prix.|
|Petey Piranha||Dino Piranha||Win 100cc Lightning Cup in Double Dash GP.|
|Larry Koopa||Wendy O. Koopa||Win 150cc Flower Cup in Grand Prix.|
|Dry Bowser||Dry Bowser Jr.||Win 150cc Special Cup in Double Dash GP.|
|Pac-Man||Blinky||Win 150cc Banana Cup in Double Dash GP.|
|King Bob-omb||Whomp||Win 150cc Lightning Cup in Grand Prix.|
|Sonic||Tails||Win Mirror Flower Cup in Double Dash GP.|
|Mr. L||Mr. M||Win Mirror Special Cup in both Grand Prix and Double Dash GP.|
|R.O.B.||Mr. Game & Watch||Win Mirror Banana Cup in both Grand Prix and Double Dash GP.|
|Yoshiro||Yoshara||Win Mirror Lightning Cup in Grand Prix.|
|Honey Queen||Bee||Receive at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Retro Double Dash GP Cups|
|Boom Boom||Pom Pom||Receive at least 1 Star Rank for all 150cc AVr Grand Prix Cups.|
|Funky Kong||Cranky Kong||Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials.|
|Link||Princess Zelda||Unlock all 32 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials.|
|Anybody who hits a Banana Peel spins out on contact.|
|This is essentially the same as the banana, but they come in threes. When first activated, the bananas trail players' karts, and can then be dropped or thrown one at a time.|
|When thrown, it goes in a straight line, knocking over any target that gets in its way. It ricochets when it bumps against walls or certain obstacles, eventually breaking after several bumps.|
|Three Green Shells orbit the kart of the driver. These can be used either as an offensive tool or a protective shield against other certain items as incoming Red Shells. The shells could be shot forwards and backwards.|
|The Red Shell is a homing projectile which chases after the driver who is before it to knock the kart over. The Red Shell can also be thrown backwards, although it goes in a straight line when shot in that direction. Upon hitting a wall or obstacle, the Red Shell breaks.|
|Three Red Shells orbit the kart of the driver. These can be used either as an offensive tool or a protective shield. The shells could be shot forwards, homing another driver, but goes in a straight line when shot backwards.|
|When hitting a Fake Item Box, the player rolls over, which is similar to the effect of a Green Shell.|
|By using a Mushroom, users get a temporary boost of speed, allowing them to go through rough terrain at ease. Also, charging into another driver while using the boost results in knocking him or her aside.|
|This is basically the same as a Mushroom, but the player can use it three times.|
|This wingless Blue Spiny Shell flips any kart that is on its path, until it flies above the leader to explode, popping the driver into the air.|
|This regal Mushroom provides unlimited boosts until wearing off once used.|
|Boo makes the player invisible and immune, able to steal an item from another player if possible.|
|The Bob-omb will either wait for a few seconds to explode or sense any driver coming in the vicinity and blow up.|
|A powerful Star that turns any driver invincible for some seconds. The Star will grant the player great speed, immunity against every item and power to bowl over other vehicles when hit.|
|Any driver that uses the rare and powerful Thunderbolt, will cause their opponents to spin out of control, shrink to microscopic size, as well as reducing their speed and lose all of their items.|
|Using a Bullet Bill, the player turns into a Bullet Bill, and follows the track automatically. The Bullet Bill is very fast, and boosts the player faster than any other item.|
|Bloopers obscure the view of players by squirting ink on the screen. This item affects every racer that is currently ahead of the player. If players are affected by a Blooper, they can use a Mushroom or drive onto a Boost Pad to get rid of the obstructive goop.|
|After using a Mega Mushroom, the player becomes bigger and is able to crush other characters throughout the duration. The driver also becomes immune to most other items, except for powerful items such as Bullet Bills or players utilized with Stars that can still knock enlarged characters aside.|
|A Poison Mushroom gets thrown onto the track and once anyone touches it, they shrink.|
|After used, a POW Block image appears over the drivers, which compresses itself gradually until it disappears. Then, all the drivers ahead of the player spin around, losing their items as well.|
|Unlike other items, it activates itself automatically when obtained from an Item Box. The Thunder Cloud forms over drivers' heads. Then, they automatically receive a constant, minor boost of speed. They can also drive off-road without losing speed. However, the Thunder Cloud eventually strikes lightning at drivers, shrinking them. The cloud, however, can be passed onto another racer by bumping into his or her kart before the lightning strikes, giving the opponent the cloud.|
|When using the Fire Flower, players can throw fireballs backward and forward for ten seconds after it's used or when the player uses ten fireballs. When characters are hit by one of the fireballs, they will spin out.|
|The Super Leaf gives racers a Tanooki tail, so they can spin and whip others with it. When used, the Super Leaf lasts for 10 seconds, or until the player is hit by an item.|
|Bowser's Shell goes in a straight line, just like a normal Green Shell, bumping on walls and obstacles, capable of knocking over random karts, or destroying other items that it collides with.|
|When players are hit by a Black Shell, the shell will explode, throwing players into the air.|
|You can throw a Brick Block ahead of you. If anyone hits one, the Brick Block will break, much similar to a crate.|
|When using the Ice Flower, players can throw iceballs for ten seconds after it's used or when the player uses ten iceballs. When characters are hit by one of the iceballs, they will freeze into an ice block for a short time.|
Karts, Bikes, and Gliders
|Kart Name||How to Unlock|
|Jet Dasher||Receive at least 1 Star Rank for all 100cc AVr Grand Prix Cups|
|Pipe Frame||Unlock 4 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials.|
|Gold Kart||Obtain at least 10,000 VR, or collect 20,000 coins.|
|Bike Name||How to Unlock|
|Sugarscoot||Receive at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc AVr Double Dash GP Cups|
|Flame Runner||Win 25 WiFi Double Dash GP races.|
|Gold Bike||Obtain a minimum of one star ranking in all Grand Prix and Double GP cups of every engine class, or collect 15,000 coins.|
|Glider Name||How to Unlock|
|Flower Glider||Receive at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Retro Grand Prix Cups|
|Beast Glider||Unlock 24 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials.|
|Gold Glider||Make a minimum of 100 StreetPass connections, or collect 10,000 coins.|
|Mushroom Cup||Flower Cup||Star Cup||Special Cup|
|Mushroom Raceway||Mario Circuit||Pipeline Speedway||Waluigi Coliseum 2|
|Daisy's Farm||Peach Village||Shy Guy Island 1||Wario Valley|
|Yoshi Beach||DK Snow Mountain||Cloudy Skyway||Bowser's Castle|
|Gloomy Manor||Mushroom Cavern||Bowser Jr's Fortress||Rainbow Road 1|
|Shell Cup||Banana Cup||Leaf Cup||Lightning Cup|
|Wii Luigi Circuit||N64 Toad's Turnpike||DS Tick Tock Clock||GCN Mushroom City|
|3DS Daisy Hills||SNES Mario Circuit 4||Wii Daisy Circuit||SNES Donut Plains 3|
|GBA Riverside Park||3DS Music Park||GBA Bowser Castle 4||Wii Grumble Volcano|
|GCN Dry Dry Desert||Wii Wario's Gold Mine||3DS Maka Wuhu 1||N64 Rainbow Road 2|
1 - A track is split into 3 sections.
2 - A track has only two laps.
|AVr Arenas||Retro Arenas|
|Block Village||SNES Battle Course 1|
|Delfino Shore||GBA Battle Course 2|
|Sand Stadium||DS Tart Top|
|Thwomp Swamp||3DS Sherbet Rink|
|Haunted Ruins||AV Yoshi Park|