|Mario Hoops 3DS|
|Developer(s)||Hammers R Us Inc.|
|E for Everyone|
|Media Included||Nintendo 3DS Cartridge|
The gameplay is nearly exactly the same as the previous installment, but a few new changes have been added. Players can now use Chance Shots, like Mario Tennis Open, but these are named Chance Throws. The Chance Throws are Dunk, Lob, Shot, Curve, Coin and Power. These will boost the technique by a bit and the ball will glow depending on the Chance Throw, grey for Dunk, green for Lob, blue for Curve, yellow for Coin, red for Power and purple for Shot. Players will still have unique Special Moves.
There are 49 characters appearing in the sequel, ?? default and ?? unlockable, these having a type giving them advantages and disadvantages on court, a baller name and their very own unique Special Move;
- All-Around: These characters have equal stats in all 7 catergories.
- Technique: These characters are good at shooting and have good aim.
- Power: These characters are good at stealing, but they are slow.
- Speed: These characters are very fast around court.
- Tricky: These characters are good at using lots of trick moves.
- Defence: These characters are good at defending their side's basket.
- Stamina: These characters never get tired and can keep on going without getting tired.
- Tactical: These characters are good at working as a team.