Mario 3D Party is the 12th installment in the Mario Party Series and is a sequel to Mario Party 9. It is also the 3rd for the hand-held consoles (the first being Mario Party Advance for Gameboy Advance, and the second Mario Party DS for Nintendo DS) and also the first for the Nintendo 3DS. It includes some of the minigames from Mario Party DS, and also features new minigames, 3 Solo Mode boards and 9 new game boards. Its functions include touch control, microphone control, dual-screen challenges and also makes use for the Nintendo 3DS' 3D function. It is possible for up to four players to play in wireless mode.
Prologue The story begins when Mario and his friends are invited to Isle Tartaruga for a vacation. When they get there, however, they see that the place is 'not working'. The attractions haven't got any power. Then Player sees a Shine Sprite on the ground. The group goes to investigate. Then the Shine Sprite rises and goes off somewhere, and the group follows it. The Shine sprite was headed to one of the areas 'DK's Forest Temple'. The Shine Sprite repowered the area and the gate to DK's Forest Temple opens. The adventure begins...
Chapter 1: DK's Forest Temple
Mario and his friends arrive in DK's Forest Temple. Donkey Kong appears and tells the group that Hammer Bro. has taken his banana hoard. The group then encounters Hammer Bro. and challenges them to a game of Mario Party and that the Superstar will decide what to do with the Bananas. At the end of the game, the player beats Hammer Bro. The winner said that the banana hoard goes back to where Hammer Bro. stole it from. Donkey Kong is very grateful for the group's efforts. Hammer Bro relucently hands the Bananas to Donkey Kong and then left.
Then, Bowser Jr appeared and Donkey Kong said that he was probably the one who told Hammer Bro. to steal the Banana Hoard. Bowser Jr said that he didn't invade the island just for a 'bunch of lousy bananas'. He then holds up another shine sprite and reveals that he captured the Shine sprites so Bowser can use them to power his megacastle. Bowser Jr then takes the shine sprite inside the Golden Temple. Mario and his friends set after him.
Along the way, they encounter Diddy Kong, who has heard of their efforts. He then said that he also heard that Bowser Jr has allied with King K Rool and that King K Rool is bad news. Diddy Kong then challenges them to a Mario Party to see if they are worthy of facing King K Rool. The player wins and Diddy Kong decides to join them. The group then sets off to the Golden Temple.
The group then reaches the Golden Temple and encounters Bowser Jr and King K Rool. Then, after a bit of discussion, Bowser Jr tells King K Rool to get them. King K Rool then fights the player in a Boss minigame. The player wins and King K Rool and Bowser Jr retreat, leaving the Shine Sprite. The Shine Sprite then heads out of DK's Forest Temple and the group follows. The Shine Sprite then heads to another area called 'Pianta's Sunshine Beach'. The Shine Sprite repowers the area and the gate to Pianta's Sunshine Beach opens. Then the group sees Hammer Bro causing trouble in the area and enters the area to confront him...
Chapter 2: Pianta's Sunshine Bay
Mario and his friends arrive and are greeted by a Pianta, who tells them about the Sand Bird Egg, which Hammer Bro has Gooper Blooper the solar heating device that feeds warmth to the Sand Bird's egg. Then Hammer Bro comes along and challenges them to a rematch. the group accepts the challenge and a battle begins. Afterwards, the player emerges victorious and the star/stars which the players has collected starts boosting the solar heating device, which would have been fine, if Gooper Blooper haven't been on top of it and haven't got hurt by the extra heat and knocked him off. Hammer Bro. Then says that it looks like the group is in big trouble and that he better leave before anyone (preferingly him) got hurt. Hammer Bro. then leaves, and Gooper Blooper starts rampaging the area. Pianta says that they got to do something and Mario and his friends set off to stop Gooper Blooper.
Along the way, they encounter Toadette who is horrified about Gooper Blooper wrecking everything. She also said that something must be done. She then challenges them to a Mario Party to see if they have got what it takes. When they win, Toadette insisted on joing their team and that she 'won't take no for an answer'. she then joins the group and then they all set of to face Gooper Blooper.
The group then encounters Gooper Blooper who then fights the player in an Boss minigame. Once again, the player wins and Gooper Blooper blasts off into the sky, landing in the sea. The Shine sprite appears and Mario and friends collect it. Then the Sand Bird egg hatches and the Sand Bird is born. Pianta is grateful for their efforts. The group then exits Pianta's Sunshine Bay and the shine sprite then heads for yet another area and the group follows it. The Shine Sprite repowers the area and the gate to Shy Guy's Carnival Park opens. The group then hears shy guy inside who then tells the group to hurry inside. The group enters the area...
Chapter 3: Shy Guy's Carnival Park:
The Group enters and meets Shy Guy. Shy Guy says that something has frozen the Park attractions and that he is not getting and business. Dry Bones then interveins and tells them that they will not thaw the Theme park. He then challenges them to a Mario Party. The Group accepts the challenge. Afterwards the player wins again and Dry Bones leaves saying then he will return. Shy Guy then suggests searching the park for the source of the theme park's icy state. The Group then searches for that source.
The group then encounters Birdo who says that they are so glad they're here. She was just enjoying th trheme park when something froze the whole park. She then challenges them to a Mario Party to see if they are good about to return the theme park to rights. the Player emerges victorious and Birdo says that they must let her join the group. Birdo then joins the team and then they all continue their search for whatever has frozen Shy Guy's Carnival Park.
The group then encounters Chief Chilly who claims that he froze the theme park and that if they want the theme park to be unfrozen, the player must challenge him to a boss minigames. The player emerges victorious and a Shine Sprite suddenly appears and stars thawing out the Park. Chief Chilly then starts complaining that his plans are ruined and that he will get them for this. Chief Chilly then leaves, leaving the Shine Sprite.Shy guy then meets them saying that he appreciates what the group did to restore The Shine Sprite then heads out of the area and the group follows it. It goes to another area called 'King Boo's Haunty Hotel'. The Shine Sprite repowers the area and the gate to 'King Boo's Haunty Hotel' opens. Mario and friends then enter the area...
Gameplay is similar to Mario Party DS. Depending on the board, the player must get more Stars than the other players in order to win.
- * Starter character in Story Mode
- Mario *
- Luigi *
- Peach *
- Yoshi *
- Wario *
- Waluigi *
- Daisy *
- Diddy Kong
- Shy Guy
- Koopa Troopa
- Hammer Bro.
- Dry Bones
- Toadsworth (Game Host)
- The Toads
- Yellow Toad
- Blue Toad
- Green Toad
- Purple Toad
- Donkey Kong
- Holly Koopa
- Boom Boom
- Pom Pom
- Fly Guys
- Bowser Jr
- Bowser Jr's Minions
- Hammer Bro.
- Dry Bones
- King K Rool
- Gooper Blooper
- Chief Chilly
- King Boo
- Petey Piranha
- Big Bob-omb
- Dry Bowser
- Mario and Luigi
- Peach and Daisy
- Yoshi and Birdo
- Wario and Waluigi
- Toad and Toadette
- Diddy Kong and Shy Guy
- Koopa Troopa and Paratroopa
- Boo and Dry Bones
- Hammer Bro. and Kamek
Party Mode: Play with up to 4 people in wi-fi mode, or play with AI players instead
Story Mode: Recover the Shine Sprites and save Isle Tartaruga from Bowser
Solo Mode: play on 3 Solo mode boards and unlock Puzzle Minigames
Minigame arcade: Play minigames you have already unlocked
Tartaruga Mall: Buy minigames and other products from different shops.
Blue Space: gives player 3 coins
Red Space: takes 3 coins from player
Happening Space: starts a surprise event
Item Space: The player enters a Red Toad house and an item minigame starts
Chance Space: The player enters a Gold Toad House and Chance Time starts
Bowser Space: Bowser comes and starts an event that hinders you. the event is chosen using the roulette.
- Coins For Bowser: Bowser took 10-30 Coins from the player.
- Bowser Coin Potluck: Like Coins for Bowser, but he takes coins from everyone.
- Bowser Charity: Bowser takes 30 coins from the player who landed on the bowser space and gives 10 of those to the other players. if the players has less that 30 coins, Bowser takes what coins you have and divides them among the other players.
- Bowser Revolution: Bowser took everyone's Coins and split them evenly among all the players.
- Bowser Chance Time: This is like regular Chance time, but Bowser rigs it so that he will always be on the receiving end of the trade.
- Bowser Rampage: Getting this makes Bowser leave, then appear at Start at the end of the turn. This is exactly like using the Bowser Bomb.
- Fortress Minigame: Makes you play a minigame against a Fortress Boss. Defeat the Boss so you don't lose Coins or Stars.
- Battle Minigame: takes half of everyones coins and starts a battle minigame to compete for them.
- Bowser Minigame: Makes the players play one of Bowser's minigames.
- 10,000 Coin Present: Bowser will mock the player for thinking that he'll actually give them 10,000 Coins, ending the event with no further actions. If the player is in last place, Bowser will give them 10 Coins instead.
Lucky space: Sends you to a lucky area, where you can usually get a star at the end of the area.
Battle Minigame: Starts a Battle Minigame.
- If Pom Pom appears, she uses her boomerangs to get 10, 20, or 50 coins from each player. Players then attempt to battle each other to get the coins she took. The 1st place finisher takes 70% of the collected coins, 2nd place finisher gets 20%, 3rd place gets 10% and last gets nothing.
- If Boom Boom appears, he determines the amount of coins the player in last place will lose to the remaining 3 players, 10, 20 or 50. The player in last place loses the coins Boom Boom determined beforehand, 1st place finisher takes 70% of the collected coins, 2nd place finisher gets 20% and 3rd place gets 10%.
Duel Space: starts a Duel Minigame with another player, determined by roulette. Fly guy hosts this event. turns into a friend space afterwards.
DK Space: Donkey Kong comes and starts an event that helps you. The space turns into a Bowser Jr space afterwards.
- In DK's Forest Temple, Donkey Kong tosses the straight to the star.
- In Pianta's Sunshine Bay, Donkey Kong has the player deposit five coins into a barrel. The player then shakes the barrel as much as they can within a few seconds to earn back more coins.
- In Shy Guy's Carnival Park, Donkey Kong will appear at an different location to Shy Guy. the first player who reaches him receives a free star from him.
- In King Boo's Haunty Hotel, Donkey Kong covers the pitfalls with special platforms. The first player to reach a pitfall will receive a free Star from Donkey Kong before being sent back to the Start. The platforms will also disappear once King Boo shuffles the house, or whenever someone lands on a Bowser Space.
- In Goomba's Neon Casino: Donkey Kong takes a random treasure chest and gives it to the player who landed on the DK space.
- In Koopa Troopa's Seaside Hotel, Donkey Kong deposits a lot of coins into one of the hotels on the player's behalf.
- In Big Bob-omb's Battle Front, Donkey Kong gives the player a Star.
Bowser Jr Space: Bowser Jr c omes and starts an event that hinders you. The space turns into a DK space afterwards.
- In DK's Forest Temple, Bowser Jr moves the star somewhere else on the board.
- In Pianta's Sunshine Bay, Bowser Jr orders spinies to attack the player several times. Although they can be dodged, each successful hit will cost the player 5 coins.
- In Shy Guy's Carnival Park, Bowser Jr will appear at an different location to Shy Guy. If the first player who reaches Bowser Jr has a Star, he'll steal it. If they don't have any Stars, Bowser Jr will give the player ten coins.
- In King Boo's Haunty Hotel, Bowser Jr covers the pitfalls with his own platforms. He'll then steal a Star from the first player who reaches one of his platforms, send them back to the start, then leave. If the player has no Stars, Bowser will give them ten coins. Bowser Jr will also leave if the house is shuffled by King Boo or if someone lands on a DK Space.
- In Goomba's Neon Casino, Bowser Jr will steal 20 coins or thereof from the player and put them in one of the treasure chests for players to find. if the player doesn't have any coins, Bowser Jr will give the player 10 coins.
- In Koopa Troopa's Seaside Hotel, Bowser Jr steals coins from one of the hotels, mainly those of the top 3 investors.
- In Big Bob-omb's Battle Front, Bowser Jr will steal a Star from the player. If the player doesn't have any stars, Bowser Jr will give the player 10 coins.
Fortress Space: Fortress will appear at a random location. When the player reaches the fortress, he/she has to defeat the fortress boss the player chooses. if the player is successful he/she will get 30 coins and the fortress appears elsewhere. however if the player loses, he/she has to go back to start. This space disregards how many spaces theplayer is able to go, because it always stops the player whenever this space is passed.
- When a Boss minigame is played as a minigame, the player who emerges victorious gets 20 coins instead of 10 for winning.
- When the Fortress Minigame is played, the method of stunning the boss is the same method for damaging the boss. Hit the fortress boss three times to win the battle.
- Sometimes, a castle appears and the player has to fight a Castle boss of the board. If the player is successful, the player gets a star.
Items and Hexes
- Mushroom: adds a dice block to the player's roll
- Gold Mushroom: adds 2 dice blocks to the player's roll
- Mini Mushroom: skrinks player, slows down the dice block roll a fair bit and limits movement to 1-5
- Cursed Mushroom: slows down the dice block roll a lot and limits movement to 1-3
- Mega Mushroom: Enlarges the player, adds a dice block to the player's roll crush other players as they stomp across the board, stealing ten coins from them.
- Warp Pipe: Whoever used it switched places with another player on the board via roulette.
- Plunder Chest: when used the Plunder Chest would choose another player, via roulette, that was holding an item and steal their item/s and gave it to the player.
- Item Block: When used, it revealing three random items that the item block contained.
- Coin Flower: If the player uses it, he/she will collect three coins every time they take a space.
- Boo Bell: If the player uses it, he/she will summon a Boo who will steal coins or a star from an opponent, determined by roulette.
- Gadd Light: When an opponent summons a boo to steal coins or a star from the player, he/she automatically uses it to flash at the boo, scaring it away.
- Lightning Bolt: If the player uses it, they can destroy half the coins an opponent has, chosen by the roulette.
- Mini Tweezer: Summons a Tweezer. then any opponent you pass will be tossed in the air by Tweezer and sent back to start.
- Dueling Glove: Whoever uses it will start a duel minigame with an opponent, determined by roulette
- Super Leaf: Turns player into his/ her Tanooki form. the player can the steal 10 coins from any opponent he/she passes.
- Penguin Suit: Turns player into his/her Penguin form. He/she can then belly-slide into any opponent he/she passes and takes 1 item/hex from him/her. if the opponent has no items, nothing happens.
- Rock Mushroom: Turns player into his/her Rock form. He/she can then turn into his/her bowling rock form and make any player they run into lose half of their coins. Note that this does not steal half of the player's coins; it just makes them lose half of the coins they owned.
- Spring Mushroom: Turns player into his/her Spring form. The player can warp to another player's space via the roulette and move after they made it to their destination.
- Fire Flower: Turns player into his/her Fire form. When player passes an opponent, he/she has 5 seconds to hit opponent with as many firepalle as he/she can. the opponent will lose 1 coin to the player for each hit.
- Bowser Mushroom: Turns player into a False Bowser. He/she can then steal 20 coins from every player he/she passes.
- Boo Mushroom: Turns player into his/her Boo form. He/she can then take coins from other players chosen by roulette. The amount of coins taken ranges from 1, 5, and 10.
- Bowser Bomb: The bowser bomb will summon bowser once everyone has had their go. Bowser will roll 3 dice blocks and steal all the coins from and player he passes.
- Chain Chomp Horn: Summons a chain chomp. The player can then roll 2 dice blocks and steal 2 stars from each opponent passed.
- Bullet Bill Cannon: Summons a Bullet Bill. The player can then roll 3 dice blocks and steal 1 star from each opponent passed.
Hexes: The player who possesses it can choose to place it on any Blue Space or Red Space within five spaces from their current location. If the player who threw it lands on it, the hex will be cancelled out, but he or she will receive 5 coins.
- 5 Coin Hex: If an opponent lands on it, 5 coins will be taken from him/her.
- 10 Coin Hex: If an opponent lands on it, 10 coins will be taken from him/her.
- 20 coin Hex: If an opponent lands on it, 20 coins will be taken from him/her.
- Coin Swap Hex: If an opponent lands on it, he/she must swap coins with the player who threw it.
- Item Swap Hex: If an opponent lands on it, he/she must swap items with the player who threw it.
- 1 Star Hex: If an opponent lands on it, a star will be taken from him/her.
- 2 Star Hex: If an opponent lands on it, 2 Stars will be taken from him/her.
- Space Swap Hex: If an opponent lands on it, he/she must swap spaces with the player who threw it.
- Stop Hex: If an opponent crosses it, he/she stops on that space and ends that turn.
- Coin Block: If any player lands on it, a coin block appears. The player will then have 10 seconds to hit the block as many times as they can. Each hit gives the player one coin. When the 10 seconds are up, they receive one coin for every hit.
- Star Block: If anyone lands on it, a Dice Block appears with the numbers 1-3 on it. The player then strikes the block, receiving the amount of Stars indicated.
Unlockable Items: these items can be purchased from Tartaruga store
- Plus block: this dice block can give the player the amount of coins equal to the number on the block when the player hits it. 800 coins
- Minus block: this dice block can be used on another player via the roulette. it can deduct the amount of coins the opponent has equal to the number on the block when the player hits it. 800 coins
- Slow block: this dice block is limited to 1-3 and is slower. 800 coins
- Fast Block: this Dice Block is limited to 8-10 and is faster. 800 coins
- Warp Block: warps you to a random place on the board and end your turn once used: 1000 coins
- Event Block:
DK's Forest Temple
The player must find the star and buy it for 20 coins. Once the player claims the star, it will go to another location. The player must then find the star all over again.
The board is based on Jungle Hijinxs and Golden Temple from Donkey Kong Country Returns
Boss: King K Rool
Pianta Sunshine Beach
Players move through this linear board to get to the end.When the player gets to at the end of the board, a Pianta gives a Star to him/her for free as a reward for getting this far. After receiving the star, the player will get transported back to the start.
The board is based on World 4 from New Super Mario Bros Wii andGelato Beach and Ricco Harbour from Super Mario Sunshine
Boss: Gooper Blooper
Shy Guy's Carnival Park
Players move around the board and find Shy Guy. when the play finds the Shy Guy, he will sell the Star for a varying amount of coins (10, 20, 30 or 40). Once the player claims the star, Shy Guy will go to another location and the amount of coins for the star will increase (if the star is brought for 40 coins, Shy Guy will go to another location and the price for the star goes back to 10)
The board is based in Pinna Park from Super Mario Sunshine
Boss: Chief Chilly
King Boo's Haunty Hotel
Players move through a mansion to try to find King Boo and get a star from him. Out of three sanctums in the house, King Boo is in one of them. If the player stumbles in other sanctums where King Boo is not in, Red Boos come and toss the player in a pitfall, thus making the player go back to the start of the mansion. King Boo offers the star for 10 coins once the player reaches him. After paying for that, everyone is taken out of the mansion and the path to King Boo alters. Unlike King Boo's Haunted Hideaway from Mario Party 8, the rooms don't shuffle, but the corridors and stairways change direction and King Boo either stays in the same sanctum or switches sanctums, thus altering the path to the star.
This board is based on the Ghost Mansions from Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2.
Boss: King Boo
Goomba's Neon Casino
On this board there are three Treasure Chests which are on three random spots. If a player reaches a chest, a Goomba offers to open it for 10 coins. One chest contains a Star, another 20 coins, and the other one contains a Bob-omb, which blasts the player back to Start. The one you want most (unless you like being blasted back to start, which in this case, you presumably don't want to) is the Treasure Chest with the Star. Once the Star has been purchased, three new chests appear and you have to find the power star all over again.
This board is based on Neon Heights from Mario Party 7 and Hotel Defino from Super Mario Sunshine
Koopa Troopa's Seaside Estates
To obtain Stars, players must invest coins in Hotels. The more coins invested in a hotel, the more beneficial it is to the player . After a hotel has over 20 coins invested, it becomes a 2-Star hotel, and after accumulating 50 coins total, it becomes a 3-Star hotel. However, only the player who has invested the most coins owns the hotel and it's Stars. It is impossible for two or more players or teams to invest the same number of coins in any one hotel.
This Board is based on Koopa's Tycoon Town from Mario Party 8 and, Koopa's Seaside Soiree from Mario Party 4.
Boss: Petey Piranha
Big Bob-omb's Battle Front
To obtain Stars, the player must steal them from other players. Each player starts out with 5 Stars. Players steal Stars from each other using two items, the Chain Chomp Horn and the Bullet Bill Blaster.
This board is based on Bob-omb Battlefield from Super Mario 64
Boss: Big Bob-omb
A board based on Bowser's Castle
- Boss: Dry Bowser
- Final Boss: Bowser
A board based on Sky Station Galaxy: Can be unlocked in Party Mode by buying it for 1500 coins and beating story mode once.
Solo Mode is a game mode It is for one player only, and it has the character playing minigames against Bowser Jr's minions (Hammer Bro., Dry Bones and Kamek).
The spaces on Solo Mode are different than those in normal modes of play. There are spaces for 4-player, 2-vs-2 (these are played teamed up with a partner character of the player's choice), 1-vs-3 (the human is always the 1 player against 3), Battle, and Duel Minigames. There are also Bowser spaces, which feature (normally 1-vs-3) games played against the Bowser Jr's minions where all the player's coins are lost if they lose; ? spaces, which cause an event to happen; and Rare Spaces which are goals . Rare Spaces grant the player a puzzle minigame. there are 2 puzzle minigames on each board, with a total of 6 puzzle minigames (7 if you count the one unlocked when you beat story mode once (spoilers!)).
- Diddy Kong
- Toadette (unlockable)
- Koopa Troopa
- Shy Guy
- Paratroopa (Unlockable)
- Boo (Unlockable)
- Green Grasslands: Based on World 1 from New Super Mario Bros Wii
- Mario's Puzzle Party (Mario Party 3)
- Bob-omb Breakers (Mario Party 4)
- A desert based board
- Piece Out (Mario Party 5)
- Block Star (Mario Party 6)
- A castle/tower based board surrounded by lava
- Stick and Spin (Mario Party 7)
- Triangle Twisters (Mario Party DS)
4 player Minigames
- Bumble Bee-ginnings: all players are ain an area similar to Honeybloom Galaxy. they are powered up with Bee Mushrooms. they mush use their bee forms to reach the endpoint first, being careful not to fall or hit obstacles.
- Star-Sling Survival: The players are in an area similar to Sky Station Galaxy. they are launched by launch stars. They must survive the onslaught of enemies, obstacles and Bullet Bills launched by Airships to reach the finishing planet.
- Brake Off: The players are in an area similar to Magma Mine. They are in mine shafts which are falling down towards the lava unless the brakes are used. Hit the brakes as close to the lava as possible. too late and the player will get burnt by the lava
- Skate Spin: the players are in an area similar to Freezeflame Galaxy. They are on an large ice platform with some goombas. the players must skate in the ice platform and spin into as many goombas as possible. careful not to fall, or you'll freeze in the ice cold water.
- Grand Goomba Gauntlet: the players are in an area similar to Supermassive Galaxy an are met by a Grand Goomba. the players must evade the Grand Goombas attacks within the time limit.
- Shell Swimmer: the players are in an underwater area similar to Cosmic Cove Galaxy. they must use Green Shells to reach the finish point first.
- Racing Rally: the players are in karts and must do three laps first, on a track similar to Mario's Raceway, to win.
- Sledge Slammer: The players are in an area similar to Whomp Fortress. They must avoid the hammer attacks the Sledge Bros make. They must also avoid the shockwaves from the ground pounds they make.
- Shy Guy Says: The players are on a pirate ship with a shy guy with flags. The layers have to raise the same color flag as the Shy Guy. If one of the players raise the wrong color flag or didn't raise up any flag, the Shy Guy kicks the player off the ship. Sometimes, the Shy Guy will try to trick one of the players by raising two color flags at once. Last player standing wins.
- Marathon Mechs: The stage is set in an area similar to World 1, with four divided lanes of smooth dirt. Each player has a lane for themself, and a Mecha-Koopa to travel upon. Players have to wind up their Mecha-Koopa as fast as they can in 10 seconds. Once the time is up, they will release their Mecha-Koopa, which starts walking down the path. As the Mecka-Koopas go, there will be signs every ten yards to show where they are. The Mecha-Koopas that weren't charged enough will stop after some distance. The player that has their Mecha-Koopa walk the farthest wins.
- Spray-Shape: The players have to trace as many shapes with the paintbrush as possible before the time runs out. The player who traced the most shapes wins.
- Pull-Star Path: The players are in an area similar to Space Junk Galaxy. They must use the pull stars in the area to dodge the mines, electric fences, cannonballs and bullet bills and reach the finish line first.
- Rolling Race: The players are in an area similar to Rolling Greens Galaxy. They are all on Star Balls. They must race on the Star balls and reach the finishing point first.
- Catch em' Starbits: the players are in an area similar to Fluffy Bluff galaxy. Lots of starbits appear in the sky and the players must use the touch control to collect the most within the time limit.
- Long-Jumpers: The players are in an area similar to Cloudy Court Galaxy. They must use long jumps to see who can travel the furtherest distance without falling.
- Drill Thrill: The players are in an area similar to the Purple cylinder planet in Spin Dig Galaxy. the player must use the spin drill to burrow through the underground maze to the finishing point first.
- Mansion Maze: The players are in an area similar to Ghostly Galaxy. the player must get out of the mansion first. If a player runs into a Boo, it will stun the player.
- Fluzzard Flight: The players are in an area similar to Wild Glide Galaxy. They are all riding on fluzzards and must race to the finish line to win
- Dino Disaster: The players are in an area similar to Good Egg Galaxy. They are suddenly attacked by Dino Piranha. Dino Piranha uses fireballs to attack and a ground pound attack that causes a shockwave that damages the players. Players can spin into the tail when he slings it at the players to stun him. The players who survive the attack within the time limit wins.
- Whomp and Wham: The players are in an area similar to the Boss arena in Throwback Galaxy. They were attacked by The Whomp King and the minigame commences. The Whomp King can attack by whamming on the ground in an attempt to crush the players. He will then stay there for a few seconds before getting up again. if a player manages to grond pound The Whomp King in this state, he will be stunned for a few more seconds. He will also stomp the ground, causing a shockwave that damages the players. The players who survive the attack within the time limit wins.
- Sumo Bro's Smackdown:
Retro 4 Player minigames
- Goomba Wrangler
- Soccer Survival
- Roller Coasters
- Pedal Pushers
- Raft Riot
- Tital Fools
- Trace Cadets
- Rail Riders
- Boomerang Bother: One player is powered up with a Boomerang Flower. the players must collect coins before the time runs out. the player with the boomerang suit can use the boomerang to collect coins or to hit other players to stun them for a while, but can't jump on them.
- Cosmic Clone Catastrophie: The players are in an area similar to the cosmic clone vault in Puzzle Plank galaxy. The single player entered and has Cosmic Clones following him/her. the players must avoid the Cosmic Clones within the time limit.
- Chain Chomp Derby: The players are in an arena area. the single player is being chased by a Chain Chomp, and the single player and the trio must avoid the chain chomp within the time limit. The chain chomp can be stunned by it running into the walls of the arena.
- Kamella's Enchanted Airship:
Defeating the Trio
- Cloud Control: One player is powered up with the cloud flower. all 3 players must beat the single player by jumping on clouds and platforms to the finising point, while the single player uses cloud platforms to beat them.
- Fire Flower Power: one player is powered up with a Fire Flower and has to hit the other players with fireballs, before the time runs out.
- Crane Game: the players are in an area similar to Ricco Harbour. One of the players is in a crane. The single must grab the 3 players and drop them in the big basket, whilst the 3 players must avoid the crane's claw within the time limit.
- Eely Mouth's Chamber:
Defeating the Soloist
- Boo Blight: The players are in an area similar to the Dark Maze planet in Boo Moon Galaxy. The 3 players are powered up with the Boo mushroom and it is up to the single player to find an exit to the maze before the Boo players scare him.
- Crash and Bash: the players are in an arena. one player is powered up with a Bowser Mushroom and the other players have hammers. the 3 players must bash the single player with their hammers for coins, while the single player must ground pound the 3 players for their coins.
- Wiggler's Rampage:
Retro 1v3 Minigames
- Gusty Blizzard
- Penny Pinchers
- Track Star
- Fast Food Frenzy
- Nothing to Luge
- Flame Throwers: two players are facing off against two other players in an area similar to Melty Molten Galaxy. both teams are in minecarts. one player must shoot fireballs at the other team to knock them onn the rails, whist the other player must steer the minecart out of harms way.
- Balloon Blowout: two players are pumping a big balloon that is near the other team, whilst the other do the same to their balloon. the first team to pump up and explode their balloon, and thus knock out the other team, wins.
- Heated Battle: all the players are powered up with fire flowers. they are in an canyon-like area. each team must throw fireballs at the other team until that team is defeated. the winners is the team who survived the onslaught.
- Rainbow Run: The players are in an area similar to Rainbow Road. The game splits the four players into two teams, each one getting their own bobsled. They must steer their way through a track down to the finish to win.
- King Kaliente's Sizzling Showdown: The players are in an area similar to the Lava Reactor planet, when King Kaliente appears, and the minigame occurs. King Kaliente can spit lavaballs at the players to damage them, and summon lava Bouncers and Octopuses to aid him. King Kaliente can also spit out a coconut at the plaers, and spining it into King Kaliente stuns him for a while. Survive the onslaught within the time limit.
- Undergrunt Gunner's Shootout:
Retro 2v2 Minigames
- Soil Toil
- Double Vision
- Memory Mashers
- Book It
- Cube Crushers
- Dino Disaster: Like the Fortress minigame, but the last player standing wins.
- Whomp and Wham: Like the Fortress minigame, but the last player standing wins.
- Power-up Power: The players are in an area similar to the tower planet in Fluffy Bluff Galaxy. The players are powered up with the Cloud Flower, the Bee Mushroom, the Propeller Mushroom and the Spring Mushroom respectively. the players must use their power-ups to reach the finish line first.
- Baron Brr's Freezeway: The players are in an area similar to the Ice platforms planet in Freezeflame Galaxy. Baron Brr attacks and the players have to evade his attacks and reach the finish line first. Baron Brr can throw ice projectiles that can freeze the players for a few seconds and can ground-pound in an attempt to throw them off the platforms. if the players fall off, they are warped back to the nearest checkpoint and possibly lose their lead.
Retro Battle Minigames
- Short Fuse
- Star Gunners
- Cheep Chump
- Item Blast: Use a cannon to collect items, but you only have one shot.
- Panel Power: Match 2 panels to get items, but don't match the Bowser panels.
- Treasure Treat: Pick a treasure chest to get an item.
- Bob-omb Blast: Use a Bob-omb to blow up a cage and get the item you want, but don't hold it for too long of it will explode.
- Item Block Puzzle: Hit one of the item blocks to get an item card for an item, but don't get a Bowser Card, or you'll wont get any items.
- Roulette Blockers: Hit the roulette Block to get an item card for an item, but don't get a Bowser Card, or you'll wont get any items.
- Mario's Puzzle Party (Mario Party 3)
- Bob-omb Breakers (Mario Party 4)
- Piece Out (Mario Party 5)
- Block Star (Mario Party 6)
- Stick and Spin (Mario Party 7)
- Triangle Twisters (Mario Party DS)
- A puzzle minigame using stereoscopic 3D
Castle Boss minigames
- King K Rool's Barrel Beatdown
- Gooper Blooper's Tenticle Tangle
- Chief Chilly's Brawl Bash
- King Boo's Flash Fright
- Goomboss' Power Hour
- Petey Piranha's Pump 'n' Pound