Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Final Smash||Mario Finale|
|Home Stage||3D World|
Mario (マリオ, Mario) is a veteran fighter in the game Super Smash Bros. Universe. He is the unofficial mascot of Nintendo, and the main character of the Super Mario franchise. His moveset has gained major changes in order to breathe new life into his character
Changes from Smash 4
Mario's design has undergone a major change from his previous appearance in Smash 4. His design in Universe is based off of his most recent renders and proportions from Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash along with adding a touch of realism. These include...
- Mario's hat now appears to be made of cotton, and has a very prominent stitching of his iconic "M" on the front.
- Similar to Sonic in SSB4, Mario's eyes have become glossy and shiny. This is in line with his most recent render for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. In addition, his eye color has gained more detail in texture, becoming more realistic in design and style.
- In a step back to Brawl, Mario's overalls have become more detailed in texture, being made of denim once again. The difference this time being that they are brighter, and more vibrant.
- Mario's color scheme is now even brighter than it was in Smash 4, in order to "stand out" and to showcase the power of the NX console.
- His shoes have become more detailed in texture, as well as his gloves, which now appear to be made of cotton.
- For the first time in Smash history, Mario now has realistic skin textures on his model, said textures being based on his Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario Party 10 Renders.
- Mario has gained shoelaces on his shoes, Universe, being the first time Mario has used shoelaces on his design.
|Neutral attack||Two alternating jabs followed by a forward kick.|
|Forward Tilt||Mario performs a reverse roundhouse kick.|
|Up Tilt||Mario performs a spinning uppercut.|
|Down Tilt||Mario performs a legsweep.|
|Dash Attack||Mario slides forward and kicks with both feet.|
|Forward Smash||Mario performs a palm thrust that produces a small blast of fire.|
|Up Smash||Mario performs an upward headbutt.|
|Down Smash||Mario performs a breakdancing sweep.|
|Neutral Aerial||Mario does a flying kick.|
|Forward Aerial||Mario swings his fist forward.|
|Back Aerial||Mario performs a dropkick.|
|Down Aerial||Mario Tornado|
|Side Special||Hammer Toss/Boomerang Toss||Mario tosses out a hammer in a similar style to a Hammer Bros. in the main Super Mario games. Every so often, Mario will toss out a Boomerang which will have higher knockback than the hammer.|
|Up Special||Super Jump Punch|
|Down Special||Ground Pound|
|Final Smash||Mario Finale|
|Tag-Team Smash||Jet Board Bash (Shared w/ Luigi)||Mario and Luigi summon a rocket powered skateboard from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and race towards the opponent at a tremendous speed. Upon reaching the said target, Mario will prepare a giant hammer to slam the opponents with. The move has high knockback and can KO at high percentages, but comes at the cost of being difficult to pull off and time correctly.|
|On-Screen Appearance||N/A||Mario jumps out of a Green Warp Pipe, and shouts out, "Let's-a-go!"|
|Screen KO||N/A||Mario slams the screen with his hands, and his face being smashed into the screen.|
|Character Selection Scren||N/A||Mario changes his expression to a determined one, and says "Lets-a-do-this!"|
Role in the Wrath of Shadows
Mario appears at the beginning of the story, rushing to Princess Peach's castle to arrive in time for the festival.