Luigi To The Rescue! is one of the games in the Luigi sub-series.
The player controls Luigi as he tries to find and save Mario after he is kidnapped by Bowser. He can execute a jump and a double jump, as well as two attacks: his Poltergeist 3000 and his spin attack, both of which can be charged. In addition, there are 5 power-ups that can be unlocked to help Luigi complete certain tasks.
There are fifteen levels in the game. The levels are grouped into five zones (3 levels per zone). Only the first level is available at first, but the player can unlock more levels by collecting Power Stars. In each level, there are five Stars that the player must collect. The player must collect at least one of them to unlock the subsequent level.
In the first level of every zone, Wario's missing some of his coins that the player has to retrieve in order to unlock a specific power-up. Some Power Stars can only be collected with the use of a power-up, while others are merely easier to collect with the use of a power-up. Returning to previous levels is required to obtain Power Stars that couldn't be retrieved earlier without a certain power-up.
In the last level of every zone, the player has to fight a boss to proceed to the next level. A certain number of stars is required in order to access these "boss levels." When the player completes a boss level, you'll get a 5-Up. In the last boss level, the player will face Morton Koopa Sr., the REAL person who kidnapped Mario.
List of Levels
In the game are 15 levels available:
- Level 1: Mario's House (Boss: Larry Koopa)
- Level 2: Luigi's Neighborhood (Boss: Morton Koopa Jr.)
- Level 3: Yoshi's Backyard (Boss Stage: Wendy O. Koopa)
- Level 4: Construction Castle (Boss: Iggy Koopa)
- Level 5: Luigi's Mansion (Boss: Roy Koopa)
- Level 6: Lemmy Time (Boss Stage: Lemmy Koopa)
- Level 7: Cloudy Castle (Boss: Ludwig von Koopa)
- Level 8: A Tale Of Two Luigis (Boss: Cosmic Luigi)
- Level 9: An Cosmic Encounter (Boss Stage: Cosmic Mario)
- Level 10: Boo Lair Basement (Boss: Bugaboom)
- Level 11: Boo Lair Middle Floor (Boss: Petey Piranha)
- Level 12: Boo Lair Roof (Boss Stage: King Boo)
- Level 13: Double Playtime (Boss: Dino Piranha and Peewee Piranha)
- Level 14: Bowser's Castle (Boss: Bowser)
- Level 15: The Battle For Mario(A.K.A: Morton Sr.'s Castle Roof) (Final Boss Stage: Morton Koopa Sr.)