Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note: this page talks about this character in Super Smash Bros. Devastation.
Mamma mia! Luigi is a starter character again in Super Smash Bros. Devastation! He appeared for the first time in Mario Bros., in the 1983, so he's fought in the last level of the All-Star Mode.
Luigi can be confused as a clone of Mario, but he's different: Luigi has a lower traction (worst in the game), an higher jump and a good ground approach with the longest wavedash in the game. Luigi's main flaw is his aerial approach: Luigi has a slow, floaty jump which makes harder to attack the opponents while jumping.
- Weight: 6/10
- Speed: 5/10
- Jump: 8/10
- Throws: 6/10
Differences between Smash 4
- Luigi's model is based on his appearance in Mario Kart 64, like his Smash 64 and Melee appearances.
- Luigi is slower.
- Luigi jumps a little higher.
- Luigi has a new forward tilt: he throws a head butt forward. It's stronger and faster than his older forward tilt.
- Up tilt throws the opponents backward if hits an opponent forward and vice versa.
- Forward smash has a new ice effect. This means that throws the opponents upwards, not forward, and his a better starter combo.
- Up smash is now a punch. It has a lower range but it's stronger.
- Down smash is now a fall which hits both forward and backwards. It's slower than the old one but it's a better range.
- Up aerial is now an head butt. It is worse for combo but it's a finisher.
Grab and throws
- Luigi now pummels with ice instead using his head.
- Forward and back throw have inverted knockback and forward one has a better knockback scaling, now being his stronger throw.
- Standard special is now Iceball. It's weaker but can freeze the opponent, if they have more than 20% of damage.
- Green Missile requests a lower time to charge it
- Super Jump Punch gainer both horizontal and vertical recovery.
- Standard: Iceball. Luigi throws a flying iceball, which inflicts 4% of damage and can freeze the opponents. Customization: Bouncing Iceball/Fireball.
- Side: Green Missile. Luigi charges a move, than he flies forward. The longer he charges the move, the stronger it is and the further it moves. It inflicts from 10% to 25% of damage. Customization: Floating Missile/Quick Missile.
- Up: Super Jump Punch. Luigi jumps and throws a punch, helping the recovery. At the very beginning of the punch, the move inflicts 25% of damage and can KO at 60% of damage, but if hits when used, the move inflicts 1% of damage. Customization: Fiery Jump Punch/Burying Headbutt.
- Down: Luigi Cyclone. Luigi spins, inflicting up to 7% of damage. This move can help for recovery. Customization: Mach Cyclone/Clothesline Cyclone.
- Final Smash: Poltergust 5000. Luigi sucks the opponents with his vacuum, inflicting them up to 40% of damage.
- Air Dodge: Melee
- Wavedash: yes
- Traction: lowest
- Taunt: falls and gets up in a missile-like pose.
- Entrance: jumps out from a warp pipe saying "Mamma mia!"
- Weight value: 97
- Plumber Green (default, Green Team)
- Pinball orange
- Wrecking Pink
- Mario Bros. Cyan (Blue team)
- Fire White
- Rival Purple
- Golf Yellow
- Brother Red (Red Team)