|Appearances in SSB|| Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS
|Final Smash||PK Starstorm|
Lucas is an unlockable character in Ultra Smash Bros. IV and the protagonist of the Japanese game Mother 3. Lucas was confirmed before the launch release of USBIV five days earlier, including all the unlockable characters of this game except who were been chosen at the Famicom Smash Week. Similar to his own game, Mother 3, Lucas can perform psychokenesis, telekenesis and pyrokenesis like Ness, but with different moves such as PK Freeze, PK Fire, PK Thunder and PSI Magnet.
He's a semi-clone of Ness but unlike him, he has a further air mobility and his double jump goes less higher than Ness.
Lucas voicesclips was recorded by Lani Minella once again, but they changed the voices a bit like Ness, the difference from Brawl to Wii U / 3DS for his custom moves.
According to the tier list, Lucas made his huge improvement since SSB4, and especially since Brawl, to the 4th place of the 103th (S) behind Mario and after Bayonetta, higher than Ness, for his improved lagless landing options for better combo's and punishes. This is a significant rise for Lucas now being considered as a top-tier character in the game, since he was a mid-tier in Smash 4, especially from Brawl when he was a mid-low tier at the very bottom.
- Jab: Three kicks.
- F-tilt: Swings with his arm with magical attack.
- Up-tilt: Tilts telekeneticaly with his foot upwards, sending it a magical attack upwards.
- D-tilt: Crouches and spins with a forwarding kick.
- Dash attack: Prepares first his PSI energy running and then gives a magical palm thrust to the opponent.
- F-smash: Swings a stick in front of himself.
- D-smash: Sends PSI energy to the ground three times making it pop.
- Up-smash: Leaves an amount of PSI energy upwards.
- N-air: Spins tourwards to us with PSI energy giving to the opponent multiply.
- F-air: Kicks forward leaving a smal PSI energy forward.
- D-air: Stomps multiply downwards leaving small PSI energy particles downwards.
- B-air: Makes a backward summersault leaving PSI energy behind.
Grabs & throws
- Grabs opponents with Duster's Rope Snake. Works also aerial.
- Pummel: Headbutts opponents.
- F-throw: Launches the opponents forward releasing them off the Rope Snake.
- D-throw: Traps the opponent buried releasing them off the Rope Snake.
- B-throw: Launches the opponents backwards releasing them off the Rope Snake.
- U-throw: Launches the opponents upwards releasing them off the Rope Snake.
|Condensed PK Freeze||C1|
|Active PK Freeze||C3|
|Centered PSI Magnet||C2|
|Offense Up Charge||C3|
|Ballistic PK Thunder||C1|
|Striking PK Thunder||C2|
|Shocking PK Thunder||C3|
- Luca's PK Starstorm, his Final Smash, is colored in purple stars, different to Ness' blue stars.