|Genre(s)||Action - Strategy - Combat|
|Media Included||Nintendo Silver Disk|
Koopalings is a spin-off to the Mario series. It is an action-strategy game, featuring the eight original Koopalings with some others Koopalings created by the fans. Each Koopaling have their own ability and unique skills. The game also have online play similar to Mario Kart Wii.
Bowser appears as a minor character in the Story Mode. Also the player can also control various enemies from the Mario series and create their own abilities. It also have expansion packs and downlable content.
The Koopalings were discussing one against one to decide which one of the Koopalings is better, Bowser decided to end the discussion by creating a tournament with his sons to see who is better, by giving them a mission: Defeat the Mushroom Kingdom army, but before this, they must battle one against another to see which one is the best for this mission.
After defeating the Mushroom Kingdom army, depending of each Koopaling the play choose, a different ending will be shown:
Bowser Jr.'s Ending
In Koopalings, the player have to control their army to defeat the opponent's army, the player can have at least 9 members on the army, 1 leader (the Koopaling) and 8 enemies (from other Mario games), the player can only control one character, but the player can freely change between characters during the gameplay, each character have their own special abilities. There's also vehicles that appears during the gameplay, the player can use it to attack or reach other places, the player can use items to attack or trap the enemies. The player can also upgrade the army' members and customize them. During online plays, headsets can be used to talk with other players. In offline play, the screen splits to show all the 4 players on the screen.
- Bowser's Tournament (1 player): Serves as the Story Mode, you choose a Koopaling and needs defeat everybody to become the greatest Koopaling!
- Battle (2 to 4 players): A VS. Mode, which can be played with 4 players.
- Online Battle (2 to 16 players)
- Minigames (1-4 players): Play several minigames!
- Shop (1 player): Here you can buy new minions or traps to you use on the battles.
Before the battles you need choose your army, you can choose 8 members to join into your army and help you during the battle, while you are progressing into the game, you unlock more member slots to put more members in.
- The minions with red on the background are Attack-Type Minions: They have powerful attacks, but are slow and don't have good defense, they can't use magic anyway.
- The minions with green on the background are Defense-Type Minions: They have good defense and can deflect spells, but they can't attack and don't walk so fast.
- The minions with purple on the background are Magic-Type Minions: They can launch magical projectiles, however, they can't attack when the enemy is close to them.
- The minions with light blue on the background are Attack-Type Minions: They can't attack or defend themselves, they serve for healing, powering-up an ally, etc.
|Goomba||The most common members in the Bowser's army, they attack using their headbutt attack.||Default|
|Paragoombas||A flying sub-species to the Goombas. They can grab other small members and leave them to a secure place when they are on low health.||Default|
|x150px||Goombo||Other Goomba's sub-species. They are much stronger than normal Goombas.||Unlockable; Beat 10 matches with a Goomba on your army.|
|UFOomba||A alien-version of the Goombas. Like the Paragoombas, they can grab other members and leave them to a secure place, but they can also heal them during the process.||Unlockable; Beat 10 matches with a Paragoomba on your army.|
|Heligoomba||Goombas that can fly for a small amount of time. This can be useful to reach other places or dodge attacks.||Buyable; Price: 150 coins.|
|Scoomba||Goombas that can breath underwater, this can be useful to attack the enemy without they notice.||Buyable; Price: 200 coins.|
|Goombulb||Goombas that can light up some dark place like caves or other places.||Buyable; Price: 250 coins.|
|Dry Goomba||Goomba with skulls on their heads. The skull can protect them from melee and other attacks.||Buyable; Price: 300 coins.|
|Choomba||Burning Goombas. They can attack their enemies using fire, however they can't be used on arenas that have water in it.||Unlockable; Beat the Story Mode as Larry.|
|Bowser's Castle||The almighty castle of the King of the Koopas! This is where Bowser's troops trains.||
|Bowser Jr.'s Playroom||Bowser Jr.'s home stage, where he plays with all his toys.||