Another 2.5d adventure of Kirby. In the main story, a pair of evil showmen arrive on Popstar with a set of flying orchestral stages, 6 in total. One especially large one ends up in the center, while the other 5 end up on either corner. Once they land, a spell washes over Popstar, hypnotizing most of its inhabitants into dancing rulers, ruled under the king of the newly named "Popstar Pop," Dancing Disco Dee, formerly Dedede. The land transforms into musical themed areas. Worse still, the planet's energy flows from the stages stationed at each corner, and flows into the central stage. It's up to Kirby to deactivate these stages and eventually stop the duo's plans.
- Kirby: our main hero, a being of infinite power capable of absorbing the abilities from enemies he swallows.
- Sharps: the main man of the showman duo. A tall man that got his hands on a dangerous relic that requires the energy of planets to charge up: the Reality Baton. Once landing, the batons energy flows through the planet, forcing them under its control, thus creating a music-centric planet.
- Flats: the right hand man to Sharps. A stout showman that hung out with Sharps since childhood. He seeks to do what he can to see his friends plan through. He's typically seen playing jazz instruments.
- Classica Knight: formerly Meta Knight, the old masked warrior now dresses as a white knight and wields a rapier. Throughout Kirby's adventure, Classica Knight will ambush the Pink Puff with a slew of his crew, all dressed like classic knights like he is.
- Dancing Disco Dee: formerly King Dedede, the dancing king seeks to eliminate Kirby, because, as he puts it, he's "ruining our funky time!" Throughout the game, he forces Kirby into ambushes and is seen sending out the five bosses positioned at the five stages.
- Music Sheets: Hidden in each level are multiple musical sheets. These are you used to open the pathway to each area's respective boss. When all sheets in an area are collected, a secret stage opens up.
- Poster: Like stickers in Robobot, posters are a common collectible, ranging from common to rare, that often feature familiar Kirby scenes, as well as "musical" versions of certain scenes.
Main Adventure Areas
- Baritone Badlands- once very green greens, the transformation transformed the area into a land full of woodwinds constantly bellowing in the area.
- Adagio Alps- a series of volcanoes. When Kirby reaches the stage, he finds a bunch of spotlights lighting the floor and a bunch of cardboard cutouts behind. Then, Disco Dancing Dee comes in and calls forth "Boarior," saying the stage's calling him. Then comes a boar dressed up like a Viking.
- Treble Tropics- a mostly aqueous area featuring marine wildlife. It also features a tropic beat, and, later, a latin beat During the battle at the stage, Kirby approaches it to find its control panel at the bottom of a large, sparkling lake with a rainbow hanging over it. Before he can destroy it, like with the stages before, DDD approaches and sends forth Mortissimo to chomp up Kirby.
- Ornament Outback- a dessert like area. The lands feature stampeding animals, along with traditionally tribal instrumentation. As Kirby gets closer and closer to the stage, the tribal instruments seem to be replaced by rocking tunes as the stampede becomes even more ornery than before.
- Nonet North- a very chilly area featuring a nutcracker patrolling. As Kirby travels, the sound of ballet songs cover the area, getting more and more intense as Kirby gets close to the stage. Part way through his travels, Nutty appears and chases Kirby. He's unable to battle the ballerina nutcracker right now, so he has to run.
- Sharps and Flats' Traveling Orchestra- The ship Sharps and Flats personally travel in. Now that the other stages have been deactivated, the energy of the planet is flowing along the walls and to the tip, forming a swirling rainbow of a musical sheet along the outer walls. Despite it being a very high tech machine to be able to travel across space, the inside is decorated like a series of orchestral theaters. The walls shine like gold, stages feature grand velvet curtains, it's like Kirby walked into an orchestra. As he travels throughout the stage, warding off security and Classica Knight ambushes, he eventually comes face to face with Classica Knight, who engages him in a "duel among gentlemen" atop an orchestral stage. After defeating him and traveling through more of the traveling orchestra, he eventually comes across the interior of a disco themed tower, where he battles the midbosses, before being challenged by Dancing Disco Dee. After defeating him, its time for the top of the orchestra, off to Center Stage. All of the energy is flowing to the baton as Sharps waves his hands like he's conducting an orchestra. Flats steps in to challenge Kirby. After beating him, Kirby tries to stop Sharps, but Flats uses the last of his strength to intercept Kirby's attack, collapsing in response. That's the time Sharps needed, the Reality Baton absorbed enough energy, and Sharps boasts that now "the galaxy- nay, the entire universe marches to MY beat!" He demonstrates by moving a cluster of stars the two can see from a nearby window. Then, Center Stage flies off, Sharps riding with it.
- Sharps' Universal Orchestra- Kirby rides the warp star up to Center Stage, poised to hit Sharps with a surprise attack. However, with a gentle wave of the baton, a "ripple" is sent across space, forcing Kirby in front of him. Space starts to look as if someone turned it into their musical sheet. Center Stage engages Kirby in battle. After defeating it in battle, Kirby flies over to it, landing onto the stage as Sharps shakes the cobwebs out of his head, readying himself to duel the pink warrior. After defeating him in one on one combat, he ends up tossing the Reality Baton off of the stage. Upon doing this, he acts strangely, asking aloud "Where am I?" Kirby's confused, until the two notice the Reality Baton moving on its own. It taunts that it was able to manipulate Sharps the moment he laid hands on it, forcing him to conduct the energy of many planets into it until it was became as powerful as it had. It then tears a hole in reality around Center Stage, Kirby barely escaping and Sharps disappearing into the void. Now, Kirby has to destroy the artifact manipulating reality itself.
- Kirby! A Musical Production!- Upon collecting all of the Music Sheets, a new pathway opens up to the cosmos brings Kirby to a brand new traveling, Broadway style musical. This stage boasts a proud musical score, resembling classic Kirby scores, as Kirby and other patrons check out the pink hero's past adventures, represented by cardboard cutouts of Kirby and the respective allies, enemies, and villains. Kirby explores the story of his first adventure through Dreamland, his struggle against Dark Mind and Zero, his adventures through Milky Way Wishes, his battles against the forces of the Mirror World, and his dealings with the Squeak Squad. Each stage ends with a battle against a cardboard cutout of the respective villain. At the final stage, Kirby walks along a red carpet to a mighty tower (abilities shown over head). As he walks, fireworks launch into the sky, forming Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee as he walks to it. Upon entering the tower, he rides it up, a long ride. Upon reaching the top, he's greeted with a stunning view of the colorful cosmos, before spotlights shine upon him and above him. From the skies, a pair of gloved hands with cuff links on the wrists come down to the roof. These two are known as Master Pianist and Crazy Pianist. When Kirby defeats them, the two fly off into the distance, exploding into a grand firework show, revealing an image of a bunch of waddle dees, Meta Knight, and King Dedede standing around Kirby. Then, the elevator lifts even more, bringing him into a building featuring the exit, and various waddle dees, dressed up like various abilities Kirby can use, dancing in sync.
Main Adventure midbosses
|In Progress||Punk-in||A pumpkin with attitude and carved to look like he's wearing shades. He constructs vines to deliver a slow yet harsh punching combo, spits seeds as if he's spitting gum onto the sidewalk, and blows fire throw a hole on top of his head.||Punk|
|In Progress||Dodoreireimimi||A pink dodo that can flap her little wings to stay in the air momentarily before crashing onto the floor belly first. She also charges head first, tries to kick the player, and squawks out damaging notes in front, diagonally upward, and upward.||Rock|
|In Progress||Suseal||A purple seal with fins that look like the fans Kirby wields when he's using the sensu power. In addition to leaping about, it can throw its fins like boomerangs.||Sensu|
|In Progress||Fluter||A living flute that plays itself at Kirby, sending out blasts of notes and calling forth birds to home in on him.||Flutist|
Main Adventure bosses
Bonus Stage Bosses
|In Progress||B-1||Nightmare||A cardboard cutout of the infamous nightmare of Dreamland himself.|
|In Progress||B-2||Dark Matter||A cardboard cutout of the persistent force of evil the solar system time and time again.|
|In Progress||B-2||Zero||After defeating Dark Matter, a cardboard cutout of the villain behind the dark matter attacks appears.|
|In Progress||B-3||Marx||A cardboard cutout of the deceptive jokester that tricked Kirby to summon up the mighty being, Nova.|
|In Progress||B-4||Dark Mind||A cardboard cutout of the villain behind Dark Meta Knight's invasion. After taking down half of his health, the cardboard breaks apart, revealing his spherical eye form.|
|In Progress||B-5||Dark Nebula||A cardboard cutout of a dark force sealed in a treasure box. He starts the fight in his infamous form, but, after losing half its health, the one form splits into three cutouts, one fire, one spark, and one ice.|
|In Progress||B-6||Master and Crazy Pianist||Two hands that challenge Kirby at the end of his adventures through his own Musical Production. The arena is the circular roof of a mighty tower, the outer edge lined by piano keys. The two hands have their own life bars. They can play the keys on the edge of the roof, causing burning lines to spawn opposite wear they play, creating a burning line that Kirby has to avoid. In addition to that, the two tend to swipe themselves at Kirby as if karate chopping him, punch the ground, or grab at him. They can even spawn up spectral piano keys with musical scores leading opposite the spectral keys. Crazy Pianist aims from above while Master Pianist aims from the side. When they play the keys, orbs of plasma travel along the score, attempting to strike Kirby from the side or from above.|
In this, players play through a much harder version of the original adventure, featuring harsher enemy placement, more powerful midbosses, and powerful "Crescendo" versions of preexisting bosses.
|In Progress||1-5||Crescendo Whispy Woodwinds||Sporting a back coating instead of his brown coating from last time, Whispy Woodwinds features more dangerous attacks. In addition to his previous attacks, he can blow into the trees to send down gordos, worms, and poisonous apples. Furthermore, sometimes Whispy Woodwinds spits out tornados. The second half of his battle is largely unchanged except for the attacks he came with.|
|In Progress||2-5||Crescendo Boarior||Boarior boasts a purple skin instead of red skin. From the beginning of the fight, his axe's powered up with purple fire, allowing him to send of firey projectiles from the start. After being taken down to half health, the stage will again split up and go wherever the spotlights go, except the lights actively move, forcing the segments of the stage to move as the spotlights do.|
|In Progress||3-5||Crescendo Mortissimo||Acquiring a "darker" rainbow pattern, Mortissimo fires off water blasts and musical notes faster than before. In addition, his eyes light up a split second before his entire body electrifies. If you're in the first phase, you have to jump or you'll get electrocuted. If you're in the water in the second stage, the entire water gets electrified. Also, in the second fight, he can smash some of the pillars, which will be replaced later in the fight.|
|In Progress||4-4||Crescendo Heavy Lobster||Classica Knight rides in on Heavy Lobster, who is wearing a platinum coating. The first half is the same as before, but when half of its health is taken down, it transforms into a robotic suit. On top of now earning sweeping claw strikes in addition to its other attacks and the tempo periodically changing, sometimes the tune skips to a certain section, the attacks acting in sync to the music.|
|In Progress||4-5||Crescendo Accalermadillo||Same as before, except a) the first half of his Crescendo form is the second half of his main story form, and b) for his second form, he appears to travel so fast, there are two of him. That means he can pull off the same attack twice at different areas.|
Kirby's Musical Adventure
Another mode. In this, Flats appears to be telling a story about Kirby's adventure to vanquish evil. The game plays like a turnbased RPG, using 3d models and cardboard backgrounds. At the beginning of each story, Kirby can select one of a few abilities to take with him on his adventure as he proceeds. After an encounter, Kirby can buy the services of sell swords, from common helpers like waddle dees, waddle doos, and sword knights, to more rare helpers like bonkers, Dedede, and even Meta Knight. Each story has a certain amount of encounters, ending with a boss fight with a classic Kirby boss. All characters, including Kirby using other abilities, is redesigned to resemble a classic medieval setting, certain characters wearing knight armor, peasant garb, etc.
- Slay the lion!- This adventure has a 1 star difficulty rating. At the start, it offers sword, hammer, punk, and doctor. You go through three encounters before you encounter the boss: Fire Lion.
- Defeat the queen!- This adventure has a 5 star difficulty rating. At the start, Susie, dressed up lick a classic princess, offers her services to you.
- Part way through Treble Tropics, a remix of Secret Island plays
- During stampede sections of Ornament Outback, a remix of Sky Sands plays
- When Kirby gets chased by Nutty, a remix of Frozen Hillside plays
- During the fight against Center Stage, the background resembles a music sheet, complete with notes traveling across it. These notes represent the composition of the theme that plays during the duel with Center Stage.
(Feel free to leave suggestions for powers, bosses, subbosses, etc.)