Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kid Icarus: The Return of Medusa (or 子供の Icarus: クラゲのリターン in japan) is a game for the Wii. It is stars Pit, an angel of Angel Land. It is the sequel to Kid Icarus, even though a game came after that one.
Pit is in his adult years and still a hero. He hasn't done that much since Medusa was killed. His girlfriend was Palutena, the Goddess of Light. However, back in the underworld, where Medusa's body lay, her minions gathered around her. They were bringing her back to life- after many years, they finally found a way. They arose her from the dead, and Medusa came back seeking revenge. She rose up to Angel Land and stole Palutena, killing her. Medusa then turned all of the citizens of Angel Land into her monsters. Pit arose from bed, when noticing an army of monsters. Pit, seeking revenge, as a note was left from Medusa, set off on a journey to see if he could revive her.
Pit is controlled by running with the Wii-mote in hand. Pit can fire arrows by getting into an arrow-like state. Pit can strike with his Bow, by swinging the Wii-mote. This can be dangerous, and when starting up the game, a notice appears that it is dangerous to this stuff. Pit can not fly, even though he has Angel Wings. Throughout the game, Pit is given different weapons. Instructions are given when the weapon is obtained. Below is a list of all of the weappons, and how to use them.
- Bow: Getting into an arrow like state. Can also be used to strike, by swinging the wii-mote forward.
- Boomerang: Straight from The Legend of Zelda series, this attack is used by swinging the wii-mote.
- Sword of Light: This weapon is used by opening both arms, releasing a blast of light, damaging enemies and lightign the way in a dark cave.
- Burst of Darkness: Used by holding your hand up to your chest, then releasing it. The faster you are at releasing it, the more damage is dealt to enemies.
- Spear of Health: Regains health, used by holding the Wii-mote up.
- Flood of Water: Used by swinging the Wii-mote in a circle.
- Air Burst: Used by smashing the Wii-mote in the air.
- Shield of Nor: An item that is not controlled. Any item can be used with this on. It can be removed.
All of these items can be removed or put on.
The game was thought up of when Pit was going to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. After around 15 years of absence, and making only one appearance, the makers of the game decided to make a new Kid Icarus game. The game was actually canceled in early development, but was revived around a month later. It was released ten days before Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released in Europe.