Note: this page talks about this character in Super Smash Bros. Devastation
Karis dominates the storm! She debuted in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, in 2009, so she's fought in the first level of the All-Star Mode.
How to unlock
- Win 150 VS matches.
- Glide for a total time of 30 minutes.
- Have her join you in the Story Mode.
With the exception of the third way, you must defeat Karis in Venus Lighthouse with Venus Lighthouse song in.
Karis is a character suited more for strategic players: she may not be the strongest character in the game but she uses a main tool in her arsenal: traps! In fact, she can put electric traps in the battlefield to dominate it. She holds the distinction that she can hold her tilts to give them an additional effect: her side tilt gains an electric effect while her up and down tilt both gain a tornado effect. Karis' however slightly slower than the other members of the cast and she doesn't have many great finishers. The key to win with Karis is put many traps and wait to the opponents' stumble. In fact, Karis' only finishers are her throws but those are the first throws to KO the opponents (before than Ness')
- Weight: 7/10
- Speed: 5/10
- Jump: 8/10
- Throws: 10/10
- Standard: Gale. Karis creates a little tornado in front of her. By holding the tornado, it becomes stronger and becomes first a Typhoon, then a Hurricane. Gale inflicts 5% of damage, Typhoon 8% and Hurricane 13%. Customization: Quick Hurricane/Giant Gale.
- Side: Whiplash. Karis slashes with an electric whip. It inflicts 9% of damage and a decent knockback. Customization: Combo Whiplash/Whipslash.
- Up: Ray. Karis charges a thunder. By pressing B again, she will jump upward because she releases the thunder. A charged Ray becomes a Storm Ray and a Destruct Ray. They inflict 10% of damage, 15% of damage and 25% of damage and they make Karis jump higher. Customization: Quick Ray/Hi-Jump Ray.
- Down: Plasma. Karis creates some bars of electricity. They aren't well visible and when an opponent walks on it, they explode inflicting 22% of damage. You can put up to 8 traps in the battlefield.
- Final Smash: Thor. Karis evocates Thor, the God of Thunder. This final smash is a clone of Matthew's Judgment.
- Air dodge: Melee
- Wavedash: yes
- Traction: high
- Taunt: creates a thundercloud.
- Entrance: alights from a cloud.
- Weight value: 100
- Karis is the only character in the game to share the weight value with Mario: they both have 100.
- Jupiter White (default)
- Venus Blue (Blue Team)
- Mars Yellow
- Venus' Father Black
- Green Old Adept (Green Team)
- Friend Pink (Red Team)
- Magician Purple