Jumpman is Mario and Luigi's father (or early Mario) and Pauline's boyfriend, and a character in The Original Donkey Kong. His outfit consists of a blue shirt, red overalls, and a blue cap. He is the game's main villain in Donkey Kong Jr., and he tries to defeat Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr., as well as Donkey Kong. All four characters battle him at one point in the game, and he is the final boss. His attacks include jumping and using a steel hammer. He can only be defeated by having several Barrels thrown at him, followed by a hit by the Bammer. Once this is done five times, he is defeated. He also appears as a boss in Bowser and the Koopalings 3:Killing TimeIn canon, Jumpman is the Japanese name of Mario in his appearance in Donkey Kong. He also appears a downloadable character in Ultra Mario World.
An artwork of Jumpman with a B-Dasher has been released hinting that he may appear in Mario Kart 9.
Jumpman name comes from the fact that Mario's original name was Jumpman. While Jumpman is technically fanon, people who use him place him in Donkey Kong as an explanation for the fact that the Donkey Kong in that game is Cranky Kong, who is very elderly when Mario is only 30.
Jumpman is known as a very nice guy if you stay on his good side. But if you mess with him or his friends/family, he will hold a gruge on you for your whole life, or until you apoligize. He is also known to be kinda forgetful. He can jump even higher than Luigi! He is also a very *classic* gamer. He owns an NES, Gameboy, and SNES.
Jumpman has been confirmed to appear in Mario Generations. He is unlocked by completing the "50m" stage. His gameplay is like Super Mario Bros. 2, with some added Donkey Kong tweaks.
Main article: Donkey Kong (SSB8)#Gimmicks
Jumpman appears briefly in the Donkey Kong stage in Super Smash Bros. Endgame. He appears in all meter levels where he is seen jumping over barrels and damaging players with his hammer. Jumpman does 14% damage to characters when they collide with him. Jumpman with his hammer does 39% damage and high knockback. When Jumpman touches a barrel, a new level commences.
- "I hope you two grow up to be amazing people."-by Mattgamer03
- "Darn! I lost my hat again!"-by Mattgamer03
- "Luigi! I haven't seen you since you left home! You've grown so much!"-by Mattgamer03
- "Hey, is that your girlfriend Peach? I've heard so much about you. She's beautiful."-by Mattgamer03
- "I will get that kong if it's the last thing I do!"-by Mattgamer03
- "Dang it, Donkey Kong! I almost had ya!" -by NastyNinja07
- "A 3DS? What happened to the Gameboy?"-by Mattgamer03
- "Could you grab me some yogurt?"-by Mattgamer03
- "Pauline! Can you get me my records?"-by Mattgamer03
- "Luigi, could I borrow your vaccum? I can't remember where I put ours."-by Mattgamer03
- "I really wish Donkey Kong never bothered me & Pauline."-by Mattgamer03
- "Do you wanna know my least favorite toy? A barrel of monkeys!"-by Mattgamer03
- "I'm glad I'm not the only one who wears a hat all the time!"-by Mattgamer03
- "Mario... if anything happens to me... never forget that I am the one who saved you from that cranky Kong."-by MeGa eXal
- When telling Diddy Kong about Super Mario Bros., Mario notes sadly that this happened recenty after Jumpman fell when working on an appartment building and died.
- Jumpman is available as a color change for Mario in all three Super Smash Bros. games. However, Mario's buttons are still gold, his hair is still brown, and his moustache is still black.
- Instead of saying "Goo Goo Gaa Gaa" when he was born he said "Jump Jump Boing Boing" which is why he was named Jumpman.
- Jumpman loves putting things on high shelves so he has to jump to reach it.
- Jumpman loses his hat at least once a day.