Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Official Debut||Splatoon (2015, Wii U)|
|Home Stage||Saltspray Rig|
Inklings are humanoid squid-like creatures from the Splatoon series, and make their Smash debut in Super Smash Bros. Universal Struggle as a newcomer. They were confirmed on July 9th, 2015 with a trailer entitled "Splatter Up!", which can be viewed here. Both genders of Inkling appear in the game (although the Inkling Girl is the default palette) as palette swaps of one another. All of their special moves feature weapons used in the game, including the Paint Roller, Tentatek Splattershot, and Ink Bomb.
All of the Inkling's Special Moves drain the Ink Meter, which can be refilled by using normal attacks, smash attacks, aerials, and pummels.
- Neutral Special: Splatter Shot - The Inkling fires out a blast of ink from his/her Tentatek Splattershot. It's similar to Fox's Blaster, but it does less damage. (2% damage on distant targets; 3% damage on close range targets)
- Side Special: Paint Roller - The Inkling pulls out a Paint Roller, which can be used to bury opponents and send them flying at higher damages. It vanishes after 15 seconds if it is not used. (10% damage)
- Up Special: Flying Squid - In a similar fashion to Palutena's Warp move, the Inkling transforms into his/her squid form and shoots through the air. This does damage upon landing. (3% damage on landing; 0% while airborne)
- Down Special: Splat Bomb - The Inkling throws a Splat Bomb forward and it explodes seconds later. (6% damage)
- Final Smash: Kraken - The Inkling transforms into the all-powerful Kraken and is able to spin boost across the stage by pressing A. The duration of this Final Smash depends on how much ink the Inkling has spread using their attacks. (5% damage on collision; 9% damage with a spin boost)
- Neutral Special: Aerospray Blast -
- Side Special: Inkbrush -
- Up Special: Wailing Draft -
- Down Special: Suction Bomb -
- Neutral Special: Splash-O-Matic Bullet-
- Side Special: Inkzooka -
- Up Special: Inkstrike Soar -
- Down Special: Burst Bomb -
- Neutral attack:
- Dash attack: The Inkling pulls out a portable version of the Killer Wail weapon, which has the ability to stun opponents.
- Forward tilt:
- Up tilt:
- Down tilt:
- Forward smash: The Inkling shoots out some ink from his/her Blaster weapon.
- Up smash:
- Down smash: The Inkling slams down the Paint Roller quickly. (10% damage)
- Neutral aerial:
- Forward aerial:
- Backward aerial:
- Up aerial:
- Down aerial:
Grabs, Throws, and Pummel
- Forward throw:
- Backward throw:
- Up throw:
- Down throw:
- The Inkling jumps out of a manhole used to access Octo Valley in Splatoon.
- The Inkling transforms into humanoid form from a spawn point found during Splatoon's multiplayer.