Note: this page talks about this character in Super Smash Bros. Devastation.
Hoopa teleports in! Hoopa is a new legendary Pokémon who first appeared in Pokémon X and Y, in 2013, so it's fought in the first level of the All-Star Mode.
Hoopa is an unique character: it can use its Hyperspace Holes to teleport itself. In fact, it can put a Hyperspace Hole with his Up Special and then teleport into it by pressing Up Special again and recovery from everywhere, giving him the best recovery in the game. His Down Special is again Hyperspace Hole but they are put in vertical and you can use them to teleport projectiles and characters between portals (you have to make two portals with the down special). However, Hoopa can't be an S+ tier because of the absence of a chaingrab unlike Ganondorf, Ice Climbers or Frisbee Dog.
- Weight: 3/10
- Speed: 6/10
- Jump: 6/10
- Throws: 8/10
- Standard: Psybeam. Hoopa shoots a beam, which inflicts 7% of damage. Customization: Confusion/Psybomb.
- Side: Phantom Force. Hoopa's shadow moves forward while holding B. When stop holding, Hoopa teleports where the shadow is and inflicts 12% of damage. Customization: Phantom Attack/Phantom's Shadow.
- Up: Hyperspace Hole Teleport. Hoopa puts an Hyperspace Hole on the ground. By performing this move again, Hoopa teleports in the Hole, no matter where is it. Once used, the Hyperspace Hole disappears. Customization: Hyperspace Boom/Hyperspace Vacuum.
- Down: Hyperspace Hole Shield. Hoopa puts an Hyperspace Hole vertically. By pressing this move again, another Hyperspace Hole appears and you can move between them. By pressing this move while being close to the portal to bring it with you again. Customization: Boomerang Hole/Accelerating Hole.
- Final Smash: Hoopa Unbound. Hoopa transforms into Hoopa Unbound for 15 seconds. In this form, it's stronger and takes no knockback.
- Air dodge: Melee
- Wavedash: yes
- Traction: high
- Taunt: plays with its rings.
- Entrance: comes from its Hyperspace Hole.
- Weight value: 72.
- Hoopa is the only S tier without any chaingrab because both his up and down throws have to much knockback.
- Hoopa's sidestep and rolling animation use the Hyperspace Holes.
- Teleporting Purple (default)
- Volcano Red (Red Team)
- Creation Blue (Blue Team)
- Destruction Black
- Equilibrium Green (Green Team)
- Diamond Grey
- Shiny Yellow
- Inverted Colors