The Homing Boomerang Flower is a special variant of the Boomerang Flower . It has yet to appear in any games and is both more effective and more dangerous for the player.
- Homing - For the first couple of seconds the Boomerang will target a specific enemy (depends on player's character) and will attempt to hunt down the target
- After it loses momentum it will return to its user like a regular boomerang
- Homing Boomerangs can be caught by Boomerang Bros , reverting the user to regular Boomerang Flower abilities.
- The Homing Boomerang is thrown so it is impossible to jump on, therefore it is dangerous for players fighting a Homing Boomerang Bro.
The Homing Boomerang Flower has yet to make an appearance in any Mario games or otherwise. It is one of several Flowers that are inactive.
- Every User has a different coding for the Homing Boomerang
- Mario targets enemies closest to him
- Luigi targets enemies furtherest from him
- Peach prioritizes fast enemies, then enemies eastmost to her
- Toad prioritizes flying enemies, then enemies westmost from him
- Homing Boomerang Bro. targets players in this order: 2,3,1,4
- Rosalina prioritizes enemies which take multiple hits to defeat, then enemies closest to her
- Wario prioritizes enemies with the colours Red, Orange and Yellow on them and the closest among them
- Waluigi prioritzes enemies with the colours Green, Blue and Purple on them and the furtherest among them
- Toadette prioritizes enemies which take one hit to defeat, then enemies furtherest from her