|Hero's Quest (Working Title)|
It was a dark time... a malovent wizard terrorizes a mystical world with his massive power and endless minions. Thousands of different foes horrify the many that live in the land. One young man in a small town decides to stand up to this powerful warlock; seems foolish, right? Well, not unless he has a little help.
These select heroes are the main team of heroes in Hero's Quest; they each have their own stats, equippable items, boosts, and upgrades to their weapons that let them do all kinds of new abilities.
Each hero has 5 separate stats, with their own unique traits; and as of Level 1 (Max Level 40, jsyk), have a base stat total of 25 each (not counting health points). Their health meter (measured by hearts, each heart having 4 units each) starts at a certain base depending on character, and increases at one heart per level (sometimes two, depending on the character):
- Hearts: This indicates how many hits a character can take before they fall from battle.
- Attack: Attack stat indicates how much damage you give to your opponent; for each weapon, it has a different damage output, and factoring in race bonuses, class bonuses, power-up bonuses and allied attacks, can vary quite a bit.
- Defense: The Defense stat reduces the amount of damage taken by a foe's attacks (what else do you expect from a stat named "Defense"?).
- Magic: This stat boosts the power of magic spells and abilities that several can use; it also boosts the power of the Charm items, which provide stat increases to each character.
- Focus: Focus indicates a character's critical hit rate (critical hits being an attack that will occasionally do double the normal damage); naturally, since critical hits are usually pretty powerful, Focus stat boots aren't very frequent, and the Charms that do increase Focus are usually pretty rare or very powerful.
- Speed: Speed indicates how fast a character moves, or in this case, how many times a character attacks in one cycle (it usually cycles in the order as displayed below: Hunter, Treasal, Grimlon, Sundra, Mildroc, Talroc and Firsnor). In that cycle, after all characters have attacked (depending on how high their speed is), some will get to attack twice (possibly even 3 times).
|Name||Race||Class||Basic Weapons||Base Stats||Recommended Spread|
|Hunter (Avatar character)||Human||Hero (Can carry many different attributes and specific weapons of each class after a certain amount of levels, but suffers one disadvantage of each)||
|Treasal||Elf||Warrior (Wins ties in combat, if an enemy's stats match his own)||
|Grimlon||Dwarf||Wizard (enchant monster by discarding bonus items, forcing them to give the treasure they guard)||
|Sundra||Halfling||Cleric (gain boost in a battle against an undead creature)||
|Mildroc||Goblin||Thief (can swipe bonuses belonging to allies or enemies)||
|Talroc||Gnome||Bard (can score critical strikes more easily by getting the enemies to drop their guard)||
|Firsnor||Orc||Ranger (can tame a beast to act as a steed; not useable until level 6)||
|Name||What they are||Role they play||In Battle|
|Aquatia||Mariniad (basically what you get when a freshwater nymph heads out to sea and lives there for a while)||Acts as the group healer.||Uses Water constructs to cause extra damage.|
|The Wizard's Younger Brother (real name unknown)||The Evil Wizard's younger, less malovent brother, as his name suggests.||Can boost the combat stats of the group, at the cost of gold and treasure.||Conjures up elements that affect foes negatively.|
|Anti-Venom||Part of a society of lethal ninjas; the most sympathetic one in the group, and not necessarily evil||Offers special potions to assist you for battle.||Throws a harmful potion at foes.|
|Name||Bonus Ability||Bonus Attack|
|War Horse||Resilient Armor (Sometimes lets character hang on to a low point of 1 HP when hit with a critical attack)||Vicious Stomp|
|Super Turtle||Razor-Shell Spin|
|Fast Raptor||Jump Claw|
|Mighty Eagle||Soaring Shred|
|Fierce Tiger||Ferocious Bite|
|Brave Wolf||Harrowing Howl|
|Grand Dragon||Dragon's Wrath|
To be Redone