|Heatran did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|Category||Lava Dome Pokémon|
|National Dex Nr.||#485|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Diamond And Pearl|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Ability/ies|| Flash Fire |
(Hidden: Flame Body)
|Average Weight||948.0 lbs.|
Heatran (Japanese: ヒードラン Heatran) is a dual-type Fire/Steel Legendary Pokémon.
It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.
Heatran is a reddish-brown Pokémon resembling a tortoise and a ram. It is dotted with orange and gray spots, and it has metal bangles locked on its legs. Its four claws on each of its feet are in a cross formation. These claws allow it to dig deep into walls, and its feet allow it to stick to a surface, so it can hang and climb from walls and ceilings. Heatran has a gray underside, and its face is covered by an iron mask, with red-orange eyes uncovered. Whenever it is seen with its mouth open, an orange glow emanates from inside it. Because of its intense body heat, certain parts of its body are melted slightly out of shape. Boiling blood, like magma, circulates through its body. Heatran is a fierce guardian. Without the power of the Magma Stone, Heatran would rampage and cause the volcanic crater where it dwells to erupt. Heatran is the only known Pokémon that learns Magma Storm.
- Heatran is the first, and so far only, Legendary Pokémon that can either be male or female.
- No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Heatran.
- Heatran has the most double resistances of all Pokémon, with five: Steel, Bug, Grass, Ice, and Fairy.
- Heatran is so far the only Pokémon with a double resistance to Fairy.
- In Pokémon X and Y, a woman in Jaune Plaza says that she heard that there is a Lava Dome Pokémon there, referring to Heatran, although it is nowhere to be seen.
- Heatran is tied with Manaphy as a Legendary Pokémon with the lowest amount of egg cycles, with 11. However, unlike Manaphy, Heatran won't ever have an egg to hatch from.
Heatran is most likely based on volcanic remains. Its Steel type references how the Earth's inner core is made of solid metal under immense pressure. It may also be based on a turtle, as the Pokémon Platinum Pokédex entry states that it is melted in parts because of its own heat and in the artwork, bits of metal, which may possibly be a melted shell, can be seen on its body.
Heatran may be a combination of heat and transfer. Tran may also derive from transition metal, referring to its Steel-type (note that steel itself is not a transition metal, but an alloy of one).
← #484: Palkia
#486: Regigigas →