The game plays similar to previous installments in which the player controls Jake and travels through dungeons, solves puzzles and fight bosses. It also takes place inside "The Game" like previous installments.
The entire world changes whilst he is a glitch, and it risks becoming corrupted making everything within it being deleted. In his glitched form, Jake can't regularly exit "The Game" and he has to find his way to the Game Central Station to save the game and all his friends within the world.
- Jake is the main protagonist of the game and the saviour of "The Game". He becomes a glitch within "The Game" and risks corrupting the system.
- Autoresis one of Jake's long-time friends that accompanies him in getting out of "The Game". Autores is a pirate, who is quite poor and has to pickpocket people often.
Within "The Game" lies many different codes, that can help the player, similar to objects from previous installments. Each code lasts a temporary amount of time before it's effect wears off. They also all have a corresponding color that makes the player glow if they are using that code.
- Java - The Java code glows green and boosts attack as well as granting the ability to shoot fire from the characters fingers.
- Firewall - The Firewall glows red and boosts defense as well as granting the ability to create holographic walls that block enemy attacks.
- Binary Bags: Taking place in Binary Bay from the original game, Binary Bags is the capital of "The Game". In it's glitched state, the small town turns into a world full of bags and typical contents within bags.
- The Game Central Station that Jake tries to reach throughout the game is similar to the location of the same name in Wreck-It-Ralph.
|Characters||Jake • Autores • Bob • Boeb • HAX • Rocky • Dr. Tsupaiku • Error • Burobu Blob • The Creators • Ariana|
|Twelve: One • Two • Three • Four • Five • Six • Seven • Eight • Nine • Ten • Eleven • Twelve|
|Games||Main: HACKED · HACKED²|
|Series Swap Days: HACKED II · HACKED III|