Getting To Know Eachother is the 6th episode of Season 1 of Misfits, and the sixth episode overall
Aran and Melissa go out on a 'not date'
Aran and Melissa are sitting at a table, eating some lunch. She looks over to Aran and sets her food down
- Melissa: So, what are you doing for your break today?
- Aran: Meh, nothing really, probably gonna sleep.
- Melissa: That sounds kinda boring, shouldn't you go do something?
- Aran: I don't really feel like going out, my leg still hurts from when you whacked me in the leg.
- Melissa: Hm, well maybe we can both go somewhere tonight like a...
Aran raises his eyebrow
- Aran: Like a date?
- Melissa: No! Not like that! Sorta like a..
- Aran: A not date?
Melissa smiles and claps her hands together.
- Melissa: Yeah! That works out!
- Aran: Well, where would you wanna go?
- Melissa: Oh! Uhm.. How about we go for dinner?
- Aran: Sure, as long as wherever we go has spaghetti.
- Melissa: Okay..
She turns on her phone and looks at a map, trying to find a place to eat.
- Melissa: Ah! Here we go, found a place.
Aran peers over her shoulder
- Aran: Oh yeah! I've been to that place before, pretty good food.
- Melissa: Well then, cya in a few hours, then!
- Aran: Yeah! I'm gonna try to sneak a nap in.
Aran walks out of the room and into the bedroom.
- Melissa: Wake up!
Melissa jumps from her bed onto Aran, waking him up instantly
- Aran: What the hell?
- Melissa: C'mon, lets go on our not date!
- Aran: Okay, go out in the car and I'll be out once I change.
Aran slips into the car and shuts the door, smiling.
- Melissa: Ready?
- Aran: Ready.
They begin to drive in silence.
- Melissa: So..
- Aran: How are you?
- Melissa: Good...
- Aran: Same.
The car goes silent again
Melissa pulls the car up
- Melissa: Here we are.
- Aran: Great! I'm starving.
They go to a seat and look at the menu.
- Aran: What do you think you are getting?
- Melissa: Probably spaghetti, same as you are getting.
- Aran: Cool.
After awhile, a waiter approaches their table.
- Waiter: Hello, do you guys know what you want to eat?
- Aran: Yes, may we have the..
He looks down at the menu
- Aran: Two spaghettis with the Original tomato sauce, one with meatballs, one without.
The waiter nods and writes the order down, and walks away.
- Melissa: Shit..
- Aran: What's wrong?
She rummages through her bag.
- Melissa: I forgot to bring money.
- Aran: It's fine, I'll pay.
- Melissa: Really? Thanks.
They stare at eachother for a few seconds and laugh akwardly
- Aran: Yeah, I guess I'll be a gentleman on our 'not date'.
Melissa chuckles and takes a sip of her drink.
- Aran: How's your food?
- Melissa: Really good, how is yours?
- Aran: Awesome.
She wipes her mouth off and smiles.
- Melissa: I haven't asked you yet, how did you lose your hand?
- Aran: Was trying to create a sawblade robot, things went bad, hand went bye-bye. How did you get your powers?
- Melissa: When I was 12 I was taken out from the streets and experimented on, leading to what I am now.
- Aran: Ah.
Aran finishes up the rest of his food, washing it down with the rest of his drink.
- Aran: So, wanna get going?
- Melissa: Yeah, its gonna be dark soon.
The two stand up and leave, walking out to the car.
- Aran: I'll drive.
- Melissa: Thanks.
The car pulls up to the Misfits base. They exit the car and walk into the building, stopping at the bedroom door
- Melissa: Thanks.
Melissa walks over and akwardly hugs Aran
- Aran: For what?
- Melissa: Well, for coming, and paying.
- Aran: Eh, it's nothing.
Aran looks over to the bedroom door and opens it.
- Aran: Well, I'm tired as all hell, so I'll see you tomorrow.
- 'Melissa: Cya, I'm going to bed soon, aswell.
Aran walks into the bedroom and shuts the door behind him
- Mrs. Crassus: Well, how was your night?
Melissa jumps upward and whips around.
- Melissa: Oh, it's just you.
- Mrs. Crassus: Just me.
- Melissa: It was a nice night, Aran is really nice, even if he tries to act cool.
- Mrs. Crassus: Really? Because it seems you are one of the only people he is nice towards.
- Mrs. Crassus: He doesn't seem to like me.
- Melissa: He'll get used to you, soon enough.
- Mrs. Crassus: I hope so..
Mrs. Crassus turns the lamp off and looks back to Melissa
- Mrs. Crassus: You better get going to bed, you're gonna have a long day tomorrow.
Melissa nods and walks into the bedroom, dissapearing from sight.