|Gastly did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#092|
|Average Height||4'03" (1.3 m)|
|Average Weight||0.2 lbs. (0.1 kg)|
Gastly has no true form, due to its body being 95% poisonous gas. However, it consistently appears as a black, spherical Pokémon surrounded by a purple haze. It has a wide, pink mouth with two visible fangs. Though its eyes seem to extend past its round body, visible eyelids surround them. The toxic gas surrounding the main body can induce fainting and suffocation, and is capable of enshrouding an Indian elephant within two seconds. Because it is mostly gas, Gastly will dwindle away when exposed to strong winds. The anime suggests that Gastly has a playful personality, often frightening and playing pranks on people for fun. However, it has shown a willingness to preserve or pass on the memories of departed humans. It has further been shown changing form and creating illusions, and it is capable of phasing through solid objects and forming tangible hands out of its gasses. Gastly is often seen in old, dilapidated buildings, but can also be found in caves.
- In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Gastly's prototype name was "Spirit".
- No other Pokémon have the same type combination as Gastly and its evolutions.
- Due to its unique type combination, Gastly and its evolutionary relatives are the only Ghost-type Pokémon that are weak against Psychic-type moves and also the only Poison-type Pokémon that are weak against Dark-type moves.
- Gastly, its evolution Haunter, and Flabébé are the lightest Pokémon in existence.
- Despite all of them being part Poison type, Gastly together with its evolutionary family are not able to learn Poison-type moves by leveling up.
- Gastly is tied with Venipede for the lowest HP of all Poison-type Pokémon.
- Gastly and its evolution Haunter are the lightest of all Poison-type Pokémon and Ghost-type Pokémon.
← #091: Cloyster
#093: Haunter →