Rachel steps out of the motorcycle with a red paint job. She doesn’t really know how to drive it or what drove her to buy it, but she seems oddly comfortable with it. She takes it for a quick test drive, gradually getting the hang of it.
Getting off, she realizes that someone has been watching the entire time.
- Rachel: Robyn? What are you doing here? Don’t you got school or something?
- Robyn: It’s the summer first off.
- Rachel: Whatever! Look, the point is what I’m doing is probably too dangerous for a… how old are you even?
- Robyn: Sixteen.
- Rachel: Yeah, maybe like two years young to be on something like this.
- Robyn: I told you that the alien was with the ice bags, remember? Like, I don’t know why you don’t trust me…
- Rachel: It could be that you’re someone I just met like a couple hours ago, and two of those hours were at the motorcycle shop? Look, I don’t mean to be a downer but like… even I’m not sure what I’m doing. I think it’s a midlife crisis or something, which is weird considering I’m 21…
- Robyn: You feel a compulsion to do this stuff?
- Rachel: Kind of, yeah. I can’t explain it. I feel like I need to be prepped for something.
- Robyn: It’s not Six, is it?
- Rachel: No. Like I said, it’s not really explainable. It’s the cosmic sense of destiny I guess that drives some people to look for it and face it. I don’t know what it is, but I feel it closing in soon. And I guess I need a motorcycle for that.
- Robyn: What if it’s another alien?
- Rachel: Another alien?
- Robyn: Yeah.
- Rachel: Well, let’s not get too far out here.
- Robyn: I mean, what else could it be? A giant drill that’s threatening to destroy the planet or something?
- Rachel: I don’t know what it is but maybe you’re right… maybe the reason I can’t pinpoint it is because it’s not here yet.
- Robyn: And that thing is something you don’t know either.
- Rachel: Yeah…
Rachel sits for a long while, thinking.
- Rachel: I don’t know, maybe I’m going nuts.
- Robyn: Well, yeah, I guess that could be it too. What do we do? Sit around and wait?
- Rachel: No. Hang on.
Rachel looks at her tattoos. She notices something that she hasn’t before.
- Rachel: Do you see that?
- Robyn: The blue mickey head?
- Rachel: ...I guess I can see that but I don’t think it’s that.
- Robyn: Where did you get those anyway?
- Rachel: I dunno, I woke up with them on my arms this morning.
- Robyn: Maybe aliens put them there. I am getting a weird reading from them.
- Rachel: Where do those goggles come from anyway?
- Robyn: I dunno, I bought them from a convention.
- Rachel: When?
- Robyn: Earlier today?
- Rachel gets up on and gets on a motorbike.
- Rachel: Hop on.