So, on chat, we were discussing Tucker's leaving and the possible promotion of new sysops and crats.
So, in the comments, can you vote just yes or no-- nothing more-- over the following things.
Promotion of Tom, Soupy, and Pablo to sysop and promotion of Elise to crat.
- Yes: 24
- No: 3
- Yes: 29
- No: 2
- Yes: 17
- No: 10
- Yes: 25
- No: 6
Keep it civilized, please!
The voting has concluded! Thanks for participating!Read more >
just saying so that everyone knows that there are new rules that must be followedRead more >
Yoooo. I think that the community has obviously made its decision at this point, so the elections have concluded. The users who are being promoted are: Arend, Brochi, and Toad'ShyGuy! Congratulations!
If you didn't win the election, don't feel down or anything. So, stay tuned for the 2015 elections!Read more >
Please read the full blog post before commenting!
Yoooo. Now that we have ten candidates, I thought we may as well begin with voting for the three sysops who will be promoted! However, there are a few rules for voting that you will have to follow before you can vote.
- If you want to vote, do so in the comments.
- You can vote for three users. All three of your votes must go to different users.
- Candidates can vote, but not for themselves! This is for professionality or something idk.
- In order to vote, you must have joined before or on November 1, 2013. This is so that random new users don't vote.
- Please don't change your vote! This is to avoid confusion!
Now, here is the list of candidates that you may vote for (I already added my own votes).
- Arend (17)
- Toad'ShyGuy (13)
- Brochi (13)
- T0M.V.12 (10)
- 1337doom (10)
- PabloDePablo (10)
- Lumoshi (9)
- SuperMarioBro64 (8)
- Sr.Wario (3)
- Brockdilley (2)
Voting has ended!Read more >
Please read the full blog post before commenting!
Yooo. This is the blog for nominations of users for the upcoming sysop elections in January. In the comments, you may nominate yourself, and only yourself, for a possible candidate as sysop when the actual elections and voting takes place. However, there are some rules, first.
The voting will take place on one of the first days of January; the official sysops will be chosen at the end of the day then. Three users will be chosen as sysop at the end of the elections. Also, we will only have ten nominees. Once ten people are approved and added to the list, then the nominations will end.
- You may nominate yourself, and only yourself. This is to confirm that these people actually do want to be sysop.
- You must have joined Fantendo before August 1, 2012. So, users who are unexperienced on the wiki can't nominate themselves.
- You must be an active user. If you haven't contributed much in recent times, you may not run.
- You may not have been banned in the past two years (with the exception of a requested ban). If you have been banned fairly recently, then you may not run.
- You must be approved by a sysop or crat in a reply to your comment before you are added to the official list. Boop.
- If you were previously a sysop, but were demoted, you may not run. Maybe next election, though!
To nominate, just say so in the comments! Have fun or something I guess!!!
- I knew you were going to run so I already approved you and added you you're welcome
- you were also wanting to run you're welcome too
Nominations are now closed! Voting will begin within the next few days!Read more >
Okay, so some guys know I've deletetagged many files simply because they're duplicates of other files (some smaller, some exactly the same, some even a different extension). If you don't, then here ya go, I stated it. If you want proof, then check all the files in the To Be Deleted category and check the history of those files.
Now those files still aren't deleted. This isn't my complaint, however, and I understand why they still aren't deleted.
- There are lots of files pending for deletion, so it takes a big while to delete them all.
- Some are still transcluded onto articles, especially the ones not pending for deletion, so it may take another big while to replace all the filenames of the duplicates with the filenames of the original files.
So, as I said before, I understand why they still aren't gone.
I'll actually complain about something else, something I cannot do anything about it, nor the sysops, but most of the newer guys I'm addressing to.
You see, my problem isn't that the current duplicates are still here. My problem is, rather, that the amount of duplicates is increasing.
I'm getting fed up of deletetagging more and more and more duplicates, which increases the amount of the deletion candidates in the To Be Deleted category, and thus growing into a huge mess that the sysops don't like to clean up. The current amount of candidate files up to deletion is, I kid you not, 1206. And counting! I don't even want to count how many of them are exact duplicates, with size change or extension being the only minor difference there is.
Heck, there are still some duplicates out there that aren't pending for deletion!
Most of these files have been uploaded by newbies or guys that are just slightly older or so. And I think I know why we have an extraordinarily large amount of duplicates, so here are my theory-ish reasons:
- The uploader is simply not aware that these files already exist.
- The uploader doesn't know how to change the size of a transcluded file in an article table, so he uploads a smaller one…
This is the poll that will decide whether we have the message wall or not.
Maybe if people post pros and cons in the comments I can put them in this blog to help people come to a decision.
The votes will be counted up approximately a week after this blog is posted. Get to it.Read more >
ALL YOU GUYS TRYING TO GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS FOR ADDING CATEGORIES, LISTEN UP.
WE DO NOT NEED FIVE CATEGORIES FOR THE EXACT SAME THING!
We now have Fan Games, Fan Game, Fan-Games, Fan games, Fan-Game and Fangame! We do not need seperate categories for simply writing the same thing differently!
The Games category is okay, since it's for all Games, including those which aren't Fan Games, but we do not need all of those other categorization options. So, as a... uhh... am I still admin? Well anyway I'm staff on this site, so I believe I should fight against what is pretty much spam.
Those are the only two choices. You do not write "Fan-Games", we are not having one of the words incorrectly capitalised and the category should be plural.
Until we decide which of those we are using as the official category, I want all of you guys out there to go and spend your edits on something constructive: getting rid of the numerous duplicate categories that you've placed on all of these pages!
Just don't get rid of the Fan Games category, or the Fangames category if the article has it.
If you guys think I'm just being a bit obsessive compulsive or something, you can kindly complain but I do think that this is getting ridiculous and I'm sure some of the other staff agree with me.Read more >
As you all know better than me, today we had a little... conflict here on Fantendo. called something he didn't like, so his reaction was to ban Hemu at once, without any proper reason. Hemu was already unblocked by our dear friend and admin, , who also demoted RedYoshi. was repromoted to fill in RedYoshi's spot as sysop.
Although you all want to, it's now forbidden to talk about this anymore: There's nothing else to be said. No blog posts can be made to talk about this, and the current ones were locked by me so that there can't be any comments. Undo this, and risk being warned. Also, you can talk about this on talk pages, without being offensive.
Let me remind you that Fantendo is a community to make your own pieces of Nintendo fanon, not to gossip about users. There's nobody stopping you from doing tht through any means of private messaging, so if you want to gossip, just do it that way.
Until further notice, this also applies to both #fantendo and the forums.Read more >
DING DONG DING DONG
Okay guize, I am having a competition (yay). Whoever can come up with the best storyline for Fantendo: Silence wins a playable character of their choice in the game.
GO GO GO
Also guize remember, not too cliche. Because cliche makes the world explode, and every time you write a cliche storyline somebody dies (true fact).
So go and write a non-cliche storyline. For great justice!
Or we could keep the one I already have, if enough people want to. But I think I might change the storyline a bit and get rid of the whole two halves of the game thing.
So go and make a storyline. And make sure every character that appears in the storyline has sprites.Read more >
Operation: MAJOR REVAMP is a project that I hope to initiate on this wiki. It is inspired by the works of Cobweb; quite possibly the strangest mind I have ever seen, and for a good reason. This guy created the Neverworld series, and the Purpleverse, things which in my opinion represent some of the best Fantendo has. This project may take a long time, but here's basically what I hope to accomplish:
- Create a category for every Nintendo game series which as more than one game on Fantendo, and categorize those games to this category
- Find all unfinished games, and expand them.
- Expand Cobweb's Fantendoverse idea; my hope is that one day, Fantendo itself will be able to be defined by it's own custom multiverse.
- Create all series articles, and perhaps information about their role in the Fantendoverse and stuff.
- Create timelines for all of the series.
- Create games starring Unten, to hopefully add a little bit of backstory to the Fantendoverse.
- Vote in all of the proposals (the current proposals, not ones which have already been accepted or declined)
- Finishing the Fantendo Improvement Drive (we've done most of the main stuff, we're probably more than halfway there YAY)
Normal users can do most of that; however, some stuff needs to be handled by the big boys. The SYSOPS. (oh and bureaucrats as well :D)
- Delete all nooby games (users can help with this by marking games they think should be deleted with [[Template:delete|
BOOYEAH Fantendo Olympics TIME!!!
That's right, if you want to win a sweet prize of one billion Plumber Points on the forum, then sign up for the Fantendo Olympics! If you don't want to win the prize, enter anyway! Because I have another special prize just in case.
Oops, I saved before I was finished. Anyway, sign up once in every category if you want to (but with different characters each time). Also, I have a list of the main events on the page so you might want to pick a character suited to winning those ;). Yeah.
I, personally, am entering with 3.14 however he isn't going to win, he's just kinda comic relief and stuff.
Also, if you don't get accepted as an entrant, you can still be part of the plot... why else would I have security if nobody attempted a break in?Read more >
Would you like to get a Pokemon Trainer you've created in my Pokemon hack (read my previous post)? Well now you can! Simply supply me with a Pokemon Trainer sprite (it should be in the GBA Pokemon games style, not the Diamond and Pearl one). I have roles open for the main male and female characters, the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, and Wally (the rival). Also, enter as many times as you want because if they are of good quality but don't win, I may still include them in the game as generic trainers. Also, you may make a trainer to be the grunt or an admin of the evil team (Team Magma, but I'm going to change them to a new team which you can suggest a name for). Also, can you come up with the names for the characters you make?
Also, anybody that makes a custom Pokemon sprite for me might get that added to the game.Read more >
So, today I was thinking. A Fantendo Super Mario World hack would be win. I always wantend to make a SMW hack, but I always failed at it. I once had my on team working on a hack. However the person who was the only one with the ROM at the moment lost all files from his PC, so bye-bye hard work. At least I learned a valuable lesson from this, and you should know what it was, but did I actually it? I also have a few solo hacks that I'm too lazy to continue. Anywayz, I thought about who would be the perfect main character for this, and it was rather obvious it was 3.14. I told JR about this and so 3.14: Warped was born.
You heard it. I'm making a Fantendo Crossover fangame! And it won't be just a fake written one. 3.14: Warped will be done using the Lunar Magic program, and to play it you will just need a SNES emulator. If you want your fanon character in the game just ask me or JesseRoo, and we will think about it.
Rate this post based on how much you like this idea, and don't forget to comment!Read more >
No, I'm not demoting myself. Reference to Dr. Robotnik, and the fact that at Henry's request he and Vined were demoted to normal users. He says this way Fantendo will be balaned. Oh well. It's not everyday you see someone asking their own demotion.Read more >