|Dragonair did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#148|
|Ability/ies|| Shed Skin |
(Hidden: Marvel Scale)
|Average Height||13'01" (4.0 m)|
|Average Weight||36.4 lbs. (16.5 kg)|
Dragonair (Japanese: ハクリュー Hakuryu) is a Dragon-type Pokémon.
Dragonair is a long, serpentine Pokémon with sky blue scales and a white underside. Its violet eyes are dark and glossy. It has a smooth, rounded snout and a small, white horn on its forehead. Its head is flanked by two small, stylized wings, which are white and curve into a swirl at the base. Three blue, crystal orbs, one on its neck and two on its tail, adorn its body.
Dragonair emits a gentle aura that gives it a mystical appearance. As seen in the anime, it can make its wings grow larger in order to fly, but otherwise moves through the air unaided. Dragonair hosts a large amount of energy within its body, which it can discharge through the crystal orbs on its neck and tail. This causes its body to brighten and give off a different aura that changes the weather in its vicinity. Dragonair is a rare Pokémon that inhabits seas and lakes.
Please add yours here with a bullet-point!
- In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Dragonair was originally known as "Dragyn".
- In Blackthorn City, a woman is willing to trade her RhydonGS or DodrioCHGSS for a female Dragonair. This makes Dragonair the only Pokémon able to be male or female that must be a specific gender for an in-game trade.
- In Pokémon Yellow, Dragonair's catch rate was changed from 45 to 27, making it the hardest Pokémon to catch in the Kanto Safari Zone. In the later games, the catch rate was changed back to 45.
- Dragonair is also the name of an airline based in Hong Kong, China in the real world.
- Dragonair shares its species name with Horsea, its evolutions, Dratini, Dragonite, Salamence, and Goodra. They are all known as the Dragon Pokémon.
← #147: Dratini
#149: Dragonite →