|Dora Taste Meanings|
|September 1st, 2015|
Dora and Boots are playing together outside the house of Abuela, Dora's grandmother. Abuela calls them inside to eat the cookies that she had just finished baking for them. While munching on a cookie, Abuela tells both Dora and Boots that she put her heart into the cookies and that she bakes sweets in order to make others smile. This really gets Dora wondering. Dora wants to know the true meanings of food and why meals can be so special.
One day, Dora and Boots go to walk to the chocolate tree because they are craving chocolate. As they walk closer, they notice a mysterious girl in a chef outfit, and she turns around to look at them.
Dora and Boots introduce themselves to her, and she introduces her name to them as well- Jamona. She offers them a piece of dark chocolate that she made and prompts them to try it. Boots wants the piece, but asks Dora if he can have it. Dora tells Boots that it doesn't seem safe, but Jamona keeps on prompting them to put it in their mouths.
Suddenly, a little fairy appears yelling, "Don't put it in your mouth! Please!!" Dora and Boots are confused and look at the fairy.
The fairy says, "That's Jamona, a witch chef!"
"A.. witch chef?" Dora asks.
"Yes! She is planning to destroy this land by putting everyone under her control to do what ever she pleases! If you put that chocolate in your mouth, she will have complete dominance over you! I'm Delicianna, by the way, and we must stop Jamona and her minions from dominating this land's people."
"Heheheh...Just try and stop me," Jamona taunts as she runs off, planning to hypnotize people with her dark sweets and dominate them.
Dora and Boots proceed to take out Map and ask him where to find Jamona, in the usual Dora manner from the TV series. Rather than the usual three locations Map usually gives, Map instead gives off 6 locations, meaning Jamona has gone very far.
Throughout the game, Dora and Boots travel with Delicianna, and go through different locations, saving and defeating their fellow friends who had been hypnotized by Jamona's dark sweets. Dora goes on a journey to teach an important lesson on gratefulness, feeding others, and the meanings of why good taste is better than waste.
The gameplay of Dora Taste Meanings consists of players battling in the style of a fighting game with health bars. However, instead of performing combos, punches, and kicks in the style of a regular fighting game, players must press the button to the beat of the music, which unleashes damage onto the other opponent.
The button-to-msuic-beat style of gameplay is a tiny bit similar to Konami's Dance Dance Revolution series, however, missing a button on a a music beat will not result in a player's own downfall, which is something that occours in Dance Dance Revolution. In Taste Meanings, missing a button on a music beat will simply not do anything. But this doesn't mean that a player can just freely miss all the buttons on the beats, as they must remember that the point of the game is the press a button on a beat for the purpose of attacking opponents to decrease their life meter.
Players battle to certain songs chosen by a player, and the songs continue until time runs out, or infinitely, depending on which time mode is selected.
- Dora - a girl who loves to go exploring.
- Diego - Dora's cousin who is an expert on taking care of and helping animals.
- Alicia - Diego's older sister who helps him locate animals as well as other important individuals.
- Boots - Dora's best friend monkey who helps her on her journeys.
- Swiper - a sneaky fox who's always trying to steal things.
- Delicianna - a new friendly fairy character who helps Dora and Boots fight Jamona.
- Jamona - a villainous chef girl who stirs up trouble in Dora's homeland by creating evil sweets.
- Cookarina - one of Jamona's minions, she is a woman made up entirely of cookies.
- Boogium - one of Jamona's monions; she is dance-loving clown made of ice cream and cotton candy
- Baby Dora - infant form of Dora.
- Baby Diego - infant form of Diego.
- Baby Alicia - infant form of Alicia.
There are three downloadable characters planned for release on October 31, 2015 (Halloween). Downloading this pack also comes with many additional songs, as well as the Nightcore option.
- Bunny Dora
These are the songs featured in the game. In story mode, every opponents has their own specific song that you fight them with. In online mode, however, each player selects a song and one song is randomly chosen for the battle.
Default Characters' Songs
- Dora - "Living your Dreams" by Raini Rodriguez
- Boots - "Low" ("Boots with the Fur") by T-Pain
- Diego - "Dumb Love" by Sean Kingston
- Alicia - "She Wolf" by Shakira
- Swiper - "Steal your Heart" by Ross Lynch
- Delicianna - "All About that Bass" by Meghan Trainor
Unlockable Characters' Songs
- Jamona - "If U Seek Amy" by Britney Spears
- Cookarina - "3" by Britney Spears
- Boogium - "Freakshow" by Britney Spears
- Baby Dora - "Friday" by Rebecca Black
- Baby Diego - "Gold" by Owl City
- Baby Alicia - "Burn" by Ellie Goulding
These songs are not owned by a specific character. This list is not complete.
- "Bad Boy" by Cascada
- "Miracle" by Cascada
- "Fireflies" by Owl City
- "Shooting Star" by Owl City
- "Gee" by Girls Generation
- "Cups" by Anna Kendrick
- "Chandelier" by Sia
- "I AM THE BEST" by 2NE1
- "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon
Downloadable Characters' Songs
- Bunny Dora - "Love Love Sugar" by dj TAKA feat. Noria
- Elmo - "Murmur Twins" by CuddleCore
- SpongeBob - "Only You" by Captain Jack
Downloadable Non-character-specific Songs
- "PONPONPON" by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
- "BONAMANA" by Super Junior
- "Starships" by Nicki Minaj
- "Get on your Knees" by Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande
- "Dora Baltimore Club Remix" by unknown
- "SpongeBob SquarePants Baltimore Club Remix" by unknown
- "Elmo Song Baltimore Club Remix" by unknown
The Nightcore option is a downloadable feature that comes with purchasing the three DLC characters, Bunny Dora, Elmo, and SpongeBob. This feature allows any song to be played in a 'Nightcore' version, meaning that the song is a bit faster and higher pitched.
Cover Artwortk, Title Screens, and Menus
- Initially, Cookarina's legs and stomach area were going to be colored white just as her skin is, meaning she would not be wearing a tube top or stockings, but they were quickly changed to brown as the original white coloring was deemed as too skimpy.
- Boogium's name is a pun on the word 'boogie', meaning to dance, and the word 'yum', referencing her dessert motifs such as her cotton candy hair, her ice cream cone fishnet stockings, and her strawberry sprinkle booty shorts.
- Every animal character takes on a slightly more humanoid appearance beginning in Dora Taste Meanings. In the previous game, Dora Kiss Meanings, all animal characters had their regular anatomical shapes.
- Diego and the three babies are the only characters in the game that do not wear high heels or heeled shoes. Although Swiper does not wear any shoes, in game, he always stands on his toes as if wearing them, and thus he is in the category of characters who wear high heeled footwear.
- Jamona's name is combination of the word 'jam', and the name 'Ramona',
- ↑ Leaked image translated, "Jamona; Dora's new nemesis?! A villainous, beautiful, chef girl..!". (July 13, 2015). 4chan. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- ↑ "The Trio of Cuteness Returns!" - image from the official Dora Meanings website. (July 16, 2015). DoraMeanings official site. Retrieved July 16, 2015.