|Donkey Kong: King of the Jungle|
|Producer(s)|| Julian Cervantes|
|Studio(s)|| Paramount Animation|
|Music|| David Wise|
|Country of Origin|| United States|
Donkey Kong: King of the Jungle is an upcoming 2015 animated film, based on the Donkey Kong series of video games, and is co-written and directed by Julian Cervantes.
Set before Donkey Kong Country, a very-lazy gorilla, named Donkey Kong, must bring back peace to an abandoned island his family species found years ago, known as "DK Island", named after Donkey Kong, Sr. He and his sidekick, Diddy Kong, must stop the evil King K. Rool and his Kremlings from destroying the island.
- Brendan Fraser as Donkey Kong
- John Ross Bowie as Diddy Kong
- Matt Berry as King K. Rool
- Will Forte as Cranky Kong
- Lara Jill Miller as Dixie Kong
- Dave Chappelle as Funky Kong
- Anna Camp as Candy Kong
- Dee Bradley Baker as Squawks the Parrot
- Frank Welker as Rambi the Rhino
- Danny McBride as Krusha
- Brad Garrett as Klump
- Charles Martinet as Mario
- Laura Bailey as Pauline
The film's animation will be provided by Rough Draft Korea in South Korea. Additional animation will be handled at Cartoon Saloon in Ireland.
The film's music will be composed by David Wise, along with Bruno Coulais and Kíla.
- Lego Movie directors, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, were originally the directors and writers of the film. But they later turned down.
- This film will serve as the prequel to the entire Donkey Kong franchise, taking place before Mario met the "original" Donkey Kong.
- David Wise has originally composed music for most of the Donkey Kong Country games, with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze being his most recent. Also, co-composers, Bruno Coulais and Kíla, were best known for collaborating together in Academy Award-nominated animated features, such as The Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, both produced by Cartoon Saloon, which provides additional animation for this movie.