|Deerling did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
Deerling (Japanese: シキジカ Shikijika) is a dual-type Normal/Grass Pokémon.
It evolves into Sawsbuck starting at level 34.
Deerling changes its appearance depending on the current season. However, this change in form does not occur after capture, unless it is present in the player's party at the time of a season change. This applies to Eggs as well.
- When the month is January, May, or September, the season is Spring, and it becomes Spring Form.
- When the month is February, June, or October, the season is Summer, and it becomes Summer Form.
- When the month is March, July, or November, the season is Autumn, and it becomes Autumn Form.
- When the month is April, August, or December, the season is Winter, and it becomes Winter Form.
In Generation VI, Deerling can be bred in any form at any time if the parent is of that form.
Deerling is a fawn-like Pokémon, most resembling a fallow deer. The upper side of its body is pink during the spring, green during the summer, orange during the fall, and brown during the winter. It has a yellow patterned rim, and its underside is light beige. It sports a yellow floral tuft on its head, and similar yellow coloration on the ear insides of its tapering ears. The tips of its limbs are colored black and its pink tail is small. It can change in appearance with the changing of the seasons. If it senses animosity, it hides in tall grass. It moves in herds as it is timid around humans. It dwells in sparsely populated areas, away from humans. It is herbivorous.
- No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Deerling and its evolution.
Deerling is based on a Sika Deer fawn.
Deerling may be a combination of deer and yearling (referring to both its young age and its ties to the year's four seasons) or sapling (referring to its Grass-type and abilities). Alternatively, it may be a combination of dear and darling, both common terms of endearment.
Shikijika is a combination of 四季 shiki (four seasons) and 鹿 shika (deer).
← #584: Vanilluxe
#586: Sawsbuck →