|Director(s)|| Hideo Kojima|
|Platform(s)|| Microsoft Windows|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, survival horror|
Dying Galaxy is an upcoming survival horror first-person shooter video game under development at Kojima Productions. and to be published by Electronic Arts for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Directed by Hideo Kojima along with Jonathan Nolan, it is a spin-off of the Dead Space series, serving as a sequel to Dead Space 3 and a prequel to Dead Space 4.
Pencil Games, Inc. was offered to develop the next Dead Space instalment in March 2013. Nolan was brought onto the project in July 2013 by Electronic Arts and Pencil Games, Inc.; the game was announced in August 2016 via P.H.T., short for Playable Horror Teaser, a critically acclaimed demo that was released as a free download from the PlayStation Store and Xbox Market. P.H.T. revealed the involvement of Nolan, along with Angela Sarafyan as the voice and appearance of its protagonist.
In March 2013, Electronic Arts' president asked Kojima Productions, Inc. to develop the next Dead Space installment. They accepted the offer with enthusiasm, and development began shortly thereafter, using EA DICE's Frostbite 3 engine.
In July 2013, EA and Pencil asked to direct the next Dead Space game, which he accepted the offer as he was a fan of the Dead Space series.
An interactive teaser for Dying Galaxy was released on August 12, 2016 as P.H.T. (Playable Horror Teaser), marketed as a demo for a horror game by the non-existent Zero Candle. Published on the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox Market for the Xbox One as a free download, P.H.T. uses a first-person perspective, in contrast to the usual third-person perspective often found in the Dead Space series, and centers on an unknown protagonist who awakens in a supposedly haunted space station and experiences supernatural occurrences; the game doesn't have a heads-up display and all information is relayed to the player via holographic projections from the protagonist's Resource Integration Gear (RIG) spacesuit and the weapons themselves. After the player solves the final puzzle, a trailer reveals that it is a "playable horror teaser" for a new Dead Space title being directed by Jonathan Nolan, with the protagonist portrayed by Angela Sarafyan. On 18 September 2016, Sony and Microsoft revealed during the pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference that P.H.T. had been downloaded over a million times.
Initial reception P.H.T. was critically positive, with particular praise for the visuals, jump scarring moments, thematic elements, and puzzle solving.
- ↑ Gamescom 2014: P.T. Announced for Playstation 4. ign.com. IGN Entertainment (12 August 2014). Retrieved on 29 December 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Matulef, Jeffrey (13 August 2014). Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro are making Silent Hills. Eurogamer. Eurogamer Network. Retrieved on 29 December 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Template:Cite news
- ↑ IGN staff (24 December 2014). The Biggest Surprises of 2014. ign.com. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved on 29 December 2014.
- ↑ O'Brien, Lucy (17 December 2014). My Game of the Year Wasn't a Game At All. ign.com. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved on 29 December 2014.
- ↑ O'Brien, Lucy (13 August 2014). Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro Are Teaming Up for a New Silent Hill. ign.com. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved on 29 December 2014.