Note: this page talks about this character in Super Smash Bros. Devastation.
Cranky hits hard with his walking stick. Cranky Kong debuted in Donkey Kong Country, in 1994, so he's fought in the third level of the All-Star Mode.
Cranky Kong is the closest thing of a clone in Devastation while sharing only two special moves with Donkey Kong and being lighter. Cranky, in fact, shares the Giant Punch (called Experienced Punch) and the Hand Slap (called Stick Slap) with his son but his moves are weaker and faster. Cranky, however, has a special ability called Bouncing Stick: if you press jump in the 15 frames before the landing you will jump again but very higher.
- Weight: 7/10
- Speed: 6/10
- Jump: 8/10
- Throws: 7/10
- Standard: Experienced Punch. Cranky charges his punch in the same fashion of DK. This move inflicts from 6% to 24% of damage. This move is faster than DK's and doesn't leave you in helpless state. Customization: Thunder Punch/Cyclone Fist.
- Side: Kong Roll. Cranky kicks a casual Kong (can be Chunky Kong, Lanky Kong or Donkey Kong Jr.) forward. This move inflicts 12% of damage however, there's a 30% of possibility that Cranky will kick an explosive barrel instead a Kong. The barrel inflicts 19% of damage and an higher knockback. Customization: Fast Kong/Bouncing Monkey.
- Up: Club Jump. Cranky jumps high and then lands. If you press B during this move in any moment, you'll jump again but higher. If you touch someone, no matter where, in the air, this move inflicts 4% of damage and you'll jump again. Customization: Fighting Club/Stick Up.
- Down: Stick Slap. Cranky swings his stick many times like DK's Hand Slap. This move inflicts 9% of damage per slap. Customization: Focused Stick/Volcano Stick.
- Final Smash: Rambi Rampage. Cranky starts riding Rambi and he rides him for 15 seconds. Each hit inflicts 17% of damage.
- Air dodge: Brawl.
- Wavedash: no.
- Traction: medium.
- Weight value: 113.
- Appeared in: Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 11/1994); Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES, 11/1995); Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii, 11/2010); Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U, 2/2014).
- Growler Brown (default)
- Original Red (Red Team)
- Blue (Blue Team)
- Green (Green Team)