Core is the setting of the RPG Core Thunder and it's sequel, Gear Thunder. Core is both a continent, and a kingdom (the kingdom was founded in the Elven Age by the Elves). Core is located on an unknown planet, which has many other continents: before arriving at Core, most of the sentient races on the planet had never interacted previously.
Various races inhabit Core. The sentient races are:
- Humans: Standard humans.
- Elves: Very similar to humans, but taller and with long ears. They have all either died or become Signals.
- Signals: Elves who had used magic to make themselves always reincarnate after death, but with an undead appearance.
- Kosato: Humans who have the ability to transform from a humanoid to an animal form. They all have various animal-like features based on the animal they can transform into.
- Golems: Various substances held together and given life by magic.
- Treants: Originally Golems formed from trees, they were capable of using the tree's reproductive systems to continue living by themselves, independent from the Signals who create Golems.