Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A girl from the Pacific Islands moves to California in the hopes that things go up for her.
A young woman is seen in a plane, surrounded by suitcases and trying to keep herself warm.
- Woman: What airline puts their suitcases in a space like this?!
She kicks a suitcase open and a sweater, jeans and a pair boots fall out. The woman grabs them and puts them on.
- Woman: Ooh, these are cozy. (in her head) Really, Taylor? Cozy? That's the only word you could think of?
Taylor shrugs and warms herself up as a narration voice is heard.
- Narrator: I'm Taylor Jamison. Girl from the Cook Islands who decided to move beyond her home country. I thought the ride would be easier than it was, but sneaking aboard a plane isn't exactly glamorous.
She takes some money out and counts it.
- Taylor: $23. That's not gonna get me far.
She sighs as she sits back.
- Taylor: Wonder if California's gonna have some cool guys.
She sits back.
- Taylor: There's gonna be more people, I know that. Just... gotta keep calm.
She lies back and sleeps on some suitcases.
- Taylor: How did I come to this decision? Well...
An abandoned sugar plantation is seen, surrounded by foliage, as the camera shows Taylor sitting on a conveyor belt in the plantation.
- Taylor: I made a big mistake buying this.
The camera shows what Taylor looking at, which appears to be a wall covered in vegetation.
- Taylor: Well, I've barely got any money left now...
She gets some money out, showing to be a few dollar bills and some coins.
- Taylor: On the bright side, there's enough food here to last me a few months.
Taylor walks through the plantation to see a large field of sugar cane.
- Taylor: Whoa. If I knew how to make sugar, I could make a fortune from this.
Taylor hears a buzzing noise and whips out a PDA. She checks a message informing her about work.
- Taylor: Shit!
Taylor runs out of the plantation and makes a mad dash toward her hometown of Avarua.
Taylor is seen stretching, as the door to the luggage opens and a security guard shines a light on her.
- Security guard: What are you doing in here?
Taylor stutters as she runs off toward the fence in the airport.
- Security guard: Get back here!
Taylor runs as fast as she can as she makes a big jump and lands about halfway up the fence and climbs over it. She stops at the side of the road, exhausted as she catches her breath.
- Taylor: That... was too... close...
Taylor looks up to see the Los Angeles skyline.
- Taylor: ...Whoa. Is this that place from Independence Day?
Taylor looks around and realises she is in the exact place she thinks she's in.
- Taylor: Well... time to see what this place is actually like.
She walks down the road as the scene cuts to her arriving in downtown L.A..
- Taylor: ...Ah shit.
Taylor notices all the people walking around as her heart is shown beating extremely rapidly.
- Taylor: Heart, don't be a dick now...
Taylor's heart continues to speed up as Taylor passes out and the camera cuts to black.
The black screen is still seen as a voice is heard.
- Voice: Ma'am! Are you okay?
The camera shows a first-person view from Taylor's point of view, with her sight being blurry.
- Taylor: Where am I?
Taylor turns her head to see a blurry figure with blonde hair and a hibiscus in her hair. The figure is revealed to be Amy Jackson.
- Amy: You're in Anaheim.
- Taylor: ...I swear I was in Los Angeles when I passed out.
- Amy: You were, but I saw you in the street so I picked you up, put you in the back of my car and drove you here.
- Taylor: ...That sounds creepy.
- Amy: It probably looked creepy.
Taylor looks around the building she's in, with it being full of fancy things.
- Taylor: ...Who are you?
- Amy: Amy Jackson XV.
- Taylor: Huh?
- Amy: Amy Jackson the fifteenth.
- Taylor: Oh. I'm Taylor Jamison.
- Amy: Cool. Where you from?
- Taylor: Avarua.
- Amy: Cook Islands?
- Taylor: Yeah, how'd you know?
- Amy: Wild guess.
Taylor raises her eyebrows as the scene fades out.
Taylor and Amy are seen walking in Anaheim.
- Amy: A bit of a warning, there's a ton more people here than there are on your home island.
- Taylor: I guessed. How many more?
- Amy: Put it this way, there's about 350,000 people here, compared to... about 5,000 in Avarua?
- Taylor: Yeah.
- Amy: Hmm.
- Taylor: So, where are we going?
- Amy: Wherever, really.
- Taylor: Is there... anything Maori-related here?
- Amy: Not as far as I know.
- Taylor: Hmm... rugby?
- Amy: There's football. That's similar to it, but with pads.
- Taylor: I thought football used feet only...
- Amy: Oh, not that sort of football. That's called soccer here.
- Taylor: Oh, stop with the culture lessons already!
Amy shrugs as they continue walking.
Taylor is seen, swimming through sugar canes as she gets back to the plantation.
- Taylor: Yeah, this was a real mistake.
Taylor gets her PDA out again to show a message from the Rarotonga Airport.
- Taylor: Goddammit.
Taylor wrestles through the sugar cane again as she is shown running to the airport, exhausted. A man is seen stood next to the airport building.
- Man: Jamison, you look like you ran halfway across the island.
- Taylor: As a matter of fact, I did.
Taylor puts her hand over her heart.
- Man: ...Why did you run halfway across the island?
- Taylor: Bought a sugar plantation out in the forest.
- Man: Oh. Why?
- Taylor: I... don't know myself. I saw it in the newspaper and thought it'd be a good idea. Turns out there was a ton of sugar cane and I don't know how to handle sugar cane.
- Man: Well, to be fair, you had that coming to you.
- Taylor: True. So, what did you need me for?
- Man: We've got some tourists.
- Taylor: Oh.
The tourists come out of the airport as Taylor greets them and takes them on a tour.