Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Platform(s)||WiiU, PS4, PC, Xbox One|
|Genre(s)||Simulator, RTS, Turn-Based Strategy, City Builder|
As the name suggests, the game takes place within human bodies and simulates a city that has the human body as its influences. The player must build and expand the city when necessary and maintain organ functions, processing of external influences and other factors.
The game takes place over the course of a person's lifetime, which has two methods of play; Real Time or Turn Based. Both make the maximum age represented at 120 years old, in Real Time this equates to 24 hours while in Turn Based it is 360 turns. It should be noted that in both instances time is slower during the first 20 years of the person and accelerates leaving about 75% of the time/turns left for the remaining 100 years.
Influences effect the player's experience as they will encounter random events that will influence the outcome of the person, such as Disease, Injury, Habits & Lifestyles. The player will always encounter at least one disease and injury in each playthrough which initially acts as a tutorial on how to counter-balance these influences although in later playthroughs is merely just a scripted event.
The player will have to control districts of the body and build on the area provided and change to adapt to different needs. There are some districts of the body which the player can leave empty and cut off for the person such as the appendix which may be removed throughout the game. The largest area on which the player can build is the upper torso and back muscles. Roads are replaced by Veins & Arteries (Note: Veins & Arteries simply form the opposing sides of the roads and are not individually seperate except for the pre-built heart roads). The player will always start out with the bare essentials, buildings to create specialized cells, major organ buildings and some residential buildings near the jaw muscles.
Throughout the game the player may be effect the person's life in different ways, some of these ways cannot be controlled such as disease however others are dependent on actions the player makes during different stages of the person's life. There are four major categories for Influences; Disease, Injury, Habits & Lifestyles.
Disease is the major category for uncontrollable influences. It ranges from Common Colds to Cancer and Bone Decay, everything that severely damage the cell count in the body falls under the disease category. While many major diseases appear in the game very few rare diseases do as the player is extremely unlikely to encounter them.
Injury is a split category as some are uncontrollable while others are affected by the player's actions. Injuries increase the risk of some diseases appearing, such as Abrasions, Rashes and Sunburn. Injuries are the major cause for the player to lose access to districts as paralysis is generally caused by injuries or bone related diseases, thus the player will lose all control over muscles below the area of the spine affected and organs, these organs will remain functioning by other means however they risk diseases infecting them and spreading to other organs when paralyzed.
Habits are mainly influenced by the player, these are primarily dependent on the willpower of the Person, if the player makes certain decisions for the person they will be influneced by outside sources into some of these habits. Some habits do not cause any major issues while others such as Self-Caused Injuries & Preventing Sneezing can cause issues to certain districts.
Similar to Habits, lifestyles are mainly outside influenced factors however more than just willpower plays into the cause of these influences. Lifestyle Influences include Smoking, Drug Influences & Fighting, these can increase the risk of Diseases or Injuries to the person the player is controlling.
Organs play a major role for the player and each one can be effected in different ways, some organs not only function as an organ but can also (like Muscles & Bones) provide building space for residential buildings. (Note: Organs with Asteriks are able to have Residential built on them)
List of Organs
- Salivary Glands
- Small Intestine
- Large Intestine
- Lungs (Includes Bronchi & Trachea)
- Endocrine Glands (Pituitary, Pineal, Thyroid, Parathyroid & Adrenal)
- Vein & Arterial System
- Lymphatic Vessels & Lymph Nodes
- Bone Marrow*
- Brain, Cerebellum & Brainstem*
- Spinal Cord*
- Nervous System
- Olfactory Epithelium (Odour Receptors)
- The player is able to choose the gender of the person to be Male, Female or Undefined. If left Undefined the above list of Organs are all the organs however choosing either Male or Female genders will add several Reproductive Organs
- Several achievements appear in the PS4, PC & Xbox One versions of the game including one for having exactly 10 Trillion Cells in the body, which is the average for the human body, although it is estimated that while not nearly as efficent of a body, the maximum number of cells is much higher
- Coniditions that influnece a person from birth such as Hereditary conditions do not appear in the game as it was believed to give an unfair disadvantage to the player, instead the difficulty system was implemented and added about 12 Hereditary conditions which the player could choose to include to make the game more difficult, one of which includes Absolute Paralysis forcing the player to only have control over the Eyes & Brain
- It is possible to complete the game even if the player loses the Lymphatic Vessels & Lymph Nodes, it is very difficult and the developers say that it can only happen if the player's character is over 75 and had maxed out the Immunity Cells