|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
Cartoon All-Star Rumble is a crossover fighting game currently in development by Sactown Studios, and the first installment in the Cartoon All-Star franchise. As the name implies, the game is a crossover of many forms of animation, with characters being pulled from cartoons, anime, movies, and many more different types of animation. The game is intended to be a tribute to the legendary cartoons and anime represented in the game. Characters from many different companies such as Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Hasbro appear alongside series that wouldn't be represented in a typical fighting game, such as Arthur, the Magic School Bus, and many other franchises. The game is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
Cartoon All-Star Rumble plays in a very similar way to the Super Smash Bros. Series. The point of the game to knock your rival off of the stage. When the battle starts all characters start out at 0% damage. Depending on the type of attacks executed, damage will increase at the bottom of the screen. Usually when a character gets up to 100% or higher they can be knocked off of the stage or can be sent flying in the air for a "Rocket K.O.". The highest percent of damage a character can get up to is 999% where then the character is the easiest to knock off of the stage. All characters have four special attacks that can be used against other opponents on the stage. Players need to complete specific objectives in order to receive more extras. (characters, stages, trophies, music, etc.)
There will be a total of __ initial playable characters. __ of these characters are ready to play from the start while __ of the characters must be unlocked before they can become playable.
|Sailor John||Grampa Simpson||Bill Cipher||El Tigre||Squidward Tentacles||Mr. Krabs|
A grand total of __ arenas are availible to play on in Cartoon All-Star Rumble. __ of these arenas are ready to play from the start, while the other __ arenas must be unlocked.
Arcade is a mode similar to ones found in the Super Smash Bros, and the Street Fighter franchises. The goal of the mode is to face various opponents before reaching the boss at the end of the mode. The boss of the Arcade mode in Cartoon All-Star Melee, The Cartoonist has returned with new attacks, and weapons. In addition, he is now joined by a female counterpart, known only as The Mangaka, whose attacks are based off of various techniques that are found in manga and anime, similar to how The Cartoonist uses attacks that are based off of various techniques found in cartoons and comic books. The mode has no set order when it comes to the characters fought and can be quite random with it.
- Cartoon All-Star Rumble is notable for a number of firsts for a fighting game, as well as firsts for the respective franchises represented within the game.
- The first appearance of the Disney character, Sugar Mama Proud, who hadn't appeared in any form of media relating to Disney since The Proud Family Movie which was released in 2009.
- The first appearance of the Universal character, Little Lulu, who hadn't appeared in any form of media relating to Universal since the Little Lulu show, which ended in 1999.
- The first appearance of the Disney characters, the Recess Gang, who hadn't appeared in any form of media relating to Disney since the Lilo & Stitch: The Series episode "Lax", which aired in 2006.
- The first appearance of the Warner Bros. characters, Buster and Babs Bunny, who hadn't appeared in any form of media relating to Warner Bros. since the video game Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Bad Dream, which was released in 2005.