|Animal Crossing: Fresh Air|
| May 19, 2014|
May 19, 2014
May 19, 2014
May 20, 2014
|Media Included||Wii U Disk|
Like usual Animal Crossing games, the player experiences life in a town with animal residents. Their were many new features introduced into the game, including jobs, shared cities and vacations. It is the fifth installment in the Animal Crossing series.
Main Article: Animal Crossing: Fresh Air/Stories
The beginning of Animal Crossing: Fresh Air starts like most other Animal Crossing games in which the player is asked a couple of questions to determine their character. At the beginning of the game the players silhouette is laying on a chair on Lylee's Liner. Kapp'n will appear and sit on the chair next to you and begin talking.
He will say he's lost and is wondering what town they are approaching which is when the player inputs the name of their town. This surprises Kapp'n because he has a map of this town. Kapp'n shows the map to the player and asks if this is the town they are approaching. This is when the player sees their town map and can reject the map if that's not what they want their town to look like.
Once the town map has been chosen, Kapp'n will relize he has been quite rude for not knowing your name yet and the player will input their name. Kapp'n will then say he loves your name, for a man/woman which is when the player chooses their gender. Kapp'n will then look over to you in amazment because he notices that you have chocolate all over your face. He then hands you a mirror to scrub off the chocolate and once they have done that the player can edit their face. Once you hand back the mirror you'll notice that you're just about to arrive at your destination and hurry off into you're new town.
One of the biggest new features is the ability to live in shared cities on online servers. Numerous different players can all live in one town with the same functionalities as living in a normal town. There are many different apartment complex's in the city as well as hotels for players to live in. Most of the buildings in The Plaza, The Dock and Downtown are featured in the shared cities.
Hot Spots is the name given to special locations where numerous buildings appear. In total, their are three different Hot Spots being The Plaza, The Dock and Downtown.
The Plaza is located in the players village and is full of the local shops. The Plaza includes the following shops.
- Nook's Cranny is a general store run by Tom Nook. It can be upgraded to Nook 'N' Go and Nookington's.
- The addition to Nook's store, Nookling Outlet, becomes available once the player achieves Nook 'N' Go. It is run by Timmy and Tommy Nook and mainly sells rare items.
- Gonetime is the grocery which sells food to supress the players hunger. It also sells cooking items such as stoves and counters. It is run by Basil.
- The Able Sisters is a fashion shop for all clothes. The Able Sisters run the place along with Fabel, Labelle's twin, who works at the accessory shop in the same building.
- The footwear store, Kicks, is owned and run by Kicks. It sells shoes, socks and other footwear
- The recycling store, Re-Tail, buys items and showcases recycled items. Reese and Cyrus run it.
- The Safety Department is sub-section of the Plaza that has the Police Station, Hospital and Fire Station.
- The Police Officers work at the Police Station and keep the village safe. They are always on the case when the Crime Cats strike.
- The Hospital is where all the sick and injured villagers get treated.
- The Fire Station makes sure that the village doesn't burn down from fires.
- Leaflet Elementary is an elementary school where you can learn. The teacher is Mrs Goo.
The Dock is an area that has a pier to reach the Island and some minor shops. The Dock has the following shops.
- The Marina is where Lylee's Liner is located and the player can take a cruise vacation on Lyle's sister's Cruise Ship. Small boats owned by fisherman can also be boarded to catch rare fish.
- The fisherman's shop, Fishers Dippings is connected to the Shell Shack. The player can have their fish analyzed if they haven't analyzed the type of fish before. They can also trade in fish for bells.
- The Shell Shack is a restuarant connected to Fishers Dippings. The player can order food and dine with friends and villagers here.
- The Jetty is a stunning tourist attraction and a good fishing spot. Occasinally you can meet special people at the Jetty like K.K. Slider once he's finished at Roost Lounge and other characters.
- Roost Lounge is a groovy lounge that Bobba now owns. K.K. Slider and Dr. Shrunk perform here and Brewster serves refreshments or meals.
- The Post Office is where the player can mail letters, pay off their mortgage and store money in a bank account.
- The Arcade is where the player can play arcade games and new mini-games with villagers.
Downtown is accessible once the train station has been built at the Town Hall. Downtown is much more active during the night allowing for activites during the night. Downtown includes the following shops.
- Shampoodle Salon is a salon run by Harriet. The player can get their hair and eye colour changed here. The new character, Prudence, runs the pampering area where the player can change the look of their face or have their Mii's face imported onto their villager.
- Le Ponch's Bistro is the main restaurant in downtown. It sells very expensive food and is mostly italian. It is run by Ponch.
- The Cinema is where the player can watch movies or create a movie if the player has the job of a director.
- Crazy Redd's is a black market store run by Redd. To discover Crazy Redd's the player has to sneak through the Police Station to find Crazy Redd's file and the password to his shop inside.
- The Happy Room Headquarters is where you can enrol in the HRA and see display homes. You can buy exteriors for you home to make the outside look nicer. Lyle works here.
- The high-end furniture shop, GracieGrace is run by Labelle and is very expensive.
- Deep Sounds is a night club that has lots of parties that is open every night and has lots of visitors. It is closed during the day and each night has a different theme from the last.
- Catchup is a lounge where you can meet online players who are inside the lounge and have conversations with them.
- Bidbi Galleria is the place where auctions are held. To win an item, you have to the highest bid when the hammer slams down. Auctions can be done online.
- Cat Alley is a hidden backalley. This is the base of the Crime Cats which you can join for a job.
- Star Villas: A hotel where your player can stay for a night. It has numerous different rooms which cater to your villagers needs. Sometimes you will run into soon-to-be villagers in your neighbourhood.
Character Personaility was added into Animal Crossing: Fresh Air in which the player could customize his or her characters personality. The player could make their villager respect their other villagers or critize them harsly among other personalities 'qualities'. These things greatly affected abilities in the game such as being elected for Mayor or working for the Crime Cats.
Another new feature was Ambitions in which the player's villager would have a set of little tasks they'd want to do such as things ranging from, 'Say hello to everyone in town today', to other ambitions like, 'Become best friends with the Crime Cats'. Upon completing these missions, your villager will be in a good mood and be lucky, finding bells on the ground and getting discounts from Tom Nook.
Relationships have been added to the game to show villagers your character is best friends with down to worst enemies with.
In total, there are twelve new villagers. There are two new species of villagers that will move into the players town. These are Turtles and Lizards.
- There are 84 collectible insects and fish up from 72 in Animal Crossing: New Leaf as well as 10 extra fossils from Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
A mine has been added to the town and will appear on one of the hills on the town's edge. From the Mine, players can collect a new type of collectable known as Gems. The player can also get a job here as a miner.
The Leafpad is the players phone like device which functions as the new menu. From here, players can view their items, send messages to villagers, organize parties, view their fish database, view your villagers relationships with other villagers and much more.
Vacations are something added in this game and happen on Lylee's Liner found at The Dock. At first, the player will be aboard Lylee's Liner and can roam the cruise ship but every now and then the cruise ship will stop at different islands that resemble places in real life like Lee's Sanctum which resembles Asia.
|Mayor||Like in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the player can run the town they live in. Works at the town hall.|
|Postman||Work at the Post Office and deliver mail to the villagers.|
|Police Officer||Work at the Police Station and crack cases. Your biggest nemesis is the Crime Cats.|
|Criminal||Work for the Crime Cats at the Cat Alley. Perform crime and avoid the police.|
|Apprentice||Apprentices help out people who run a shop such as Tom Nook, Harriet, Redd, Lyle, Kicks and more.|
|Doctor||Work at the hospital and treat sick or injured villagers by helping them out or performing surgery on them.|
|Barista||Work at the Roost Lounge with Brewster and brew specific drinks to the villagers request.|
|Movie Director||Work at the Cinema to create movies. Critics will review your movie after it premieres and the player will get more bells the better the movie is.|
|Tailor||Work at the Able Sisters and create clothes for your villagers. Fit them to the popular demand for more bells.|
|Interior Designer||Work at the Happy Home Academy and design homes for villagers. The more the villager likes it, the more bells will be awarded.|
|Miner||Work along the mines digging for rare and wonderful gems.|
|Fire Fighter||Work at the Fire Station and help villagers from small problems as well as putting out fires that erupt around town.|
- There is one new villager personality which is sinister. Sinister villagers are evil and mean to other people in the village.
- As well as asking about your name and gender at the start of the game, Kapp'n also shows the players face in a mirror which then allows them to change the look of their face.
- This can be changed later at the pampering area of Shampoodle Salon later in the game.
- You can customize what your player says with the villagers repling with an appropriate answer
- This now means you can play mini-games such as Hide N Seek whenever you want
- You can place walls in your home allowing for different rooms
- You can have up to 16 villagers at one time (including your four own characters)
- Your house or villagers house can be moved if permitted at the Town Hall
- New minigames with villagers have been added
- You can now save memories after something big happens
- Hunger has been added to the game in which the player must feed their character before they get too hungry.
- Special occassins have been added such as Parties, Funerals as well as others. These special occasions will be added to the player's calender.